[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (38 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@ahmed: I said that because he hinted as though gio hasn't played there at all or that we should try him there. Well that's what it sounded like. I was clarifying more or less we have been playing him there albeit he hasn't played well. I have plenty of faith in him.

@Red: Poulsen was quiet, but that doesn't mean he had a bad game or is bad like Fellas was saying.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
@ahmed: I said that because he hinted as though gio hasn't played there at all or that we should try him there. Well that's what it sounded like. I was clarifying more or less we have been playing him there albeit he hasn't played well. I have plenty of faith in him.

@Red: Poulsen was quiet, but that doesn't mean he had a bad game or is bad like Fellas was saying.
it pains me to see Seba struggle, but we have to back him, the lad deserves that much...he will come good soon, the ability is there, just needs to be more confident in his play

Will you start quoting? Lazy!
you stop sticking your posts in between mine!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And I dun see Marchisio, Melo and Poulsen losing the midfield battle.
Which is the key to getting results in tough games.

Quiet is being kind. He barely put in a tackle in the first half and only improved slightly in the second.

This is coming from someone who has probably defended Poulsen more than anyone else round here.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
@Fellas: gio has had two games already as a trequartista, how many more do you want to give him?

Poulsen also had a good game last weekend.
Thats the toughest position imo and he has big shoes to fill in. First thing we need to understand is that he isn't exactly like Diego. He played most of his career on a flank, so he will need time to get accustomed to the system. Its not easy with the diamond because the trequaresta has to work hard as well and he is obviously still building his overall fitness. Having said that i would just give him game time anywhere and I think he will be happy with that ( anywhere either as an attacking mdifielder or a forward as the system should not be changed).

Anyway, tough game this one. Tired Genoa or not they are still tough as nuts at their ground. We will need to have more cover on the flanks because if we play with the same awareness levels as the Livorno game they will rip us to shreds. So I would stick with Grygera ahead of Zebina because Jono tends to leave acres of space behind and with Grosso doing that on the other flank it will leave us lacking.

I still think they are weak mentally and the game on the weekend showed that as they couldn't pull themselves back, so we need to shut them down early and make them rethink their plans.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@ahmed: I agree, I've always supported the kid. I'm not sure what is issue is, its not like he doesn't have an army of support behind him. I think he needs to look to receive the ball more and make himself available rather than waiting for the team to find him.

@red: he seemed to play more of the tiago role against livorno. Collect the ball and dish it out. He seemed to do well passing at least....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@red: he seemed to play more of the tiago role against livorno. Collect the ball and dish it out. He seemed to do well passing at least....
His passing was fine.

However, in a midfield with Marchisio and Camoranesi, his primary responsibility is defensive and I thought he was poor in that regard.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is Diego definitely fit to start?

In tough away games, I prefer to start with strong defensive players and then bring on more attack minded players if that proves necessary.
I don't know for sure but I think he was recovered before the Livorno game but just wasn't fully fit so he should have time to get back in shape. But without Diego playing a strong midfield is important

Whats wrong with Camo playing there, he was excellent offensively against Livorno why not give him a chance further up field?

Just watched the news on Sky Sport 24 :

He will not gonna make it , he won't play against Genoa .

:sigh:
If he isn't injured anymore and fitness is the problem then I don't think they would have that confirmed 3 days before the match...

I stand by my selection, then.

Start with muscle in midfield and Camoranesi as trequartista.

Giovinco can be brought on once the game becomes more stretched, if we need him.
If Diego is out then I apologize, I agree with fielding Camo as a trequartista but Poulsen again? He was poor against Livorno who are a very weak side and I would to see him play that way against a team that is actually good.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I'ts funny how pepole here rush to judge Giovinco, I'ts been 2 games in a new formation and a new postion.
Camo can have a 3 great games streak and play like his doing us a favor in the next five.

He need to get his match fitness, confidance up and hit a good form.
Players should be juadged based on long term preformance. Give this guy 6-7 games at least like you would give any other player.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The new position excuse doesn't really work, given that he is getting to play in what he believes is his natural position.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
The new position excuse doesn't really work, given that he is getting to play in what he believes is his natural position.
I'm not using it as an excuse, I'm not is agent.

theres a diffarence betwin what he belives in and in what postion he is most competant at the moment.
He still got a lot to learn tacticaly and postion wise as an AMC. He was more impressive as a wide in 443 cause it req. much less positioning and tactical awarness.

He can be much more impressive once he sort those issues.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I'm not using it as an excuse, I'm not is agent.

theres a diffarence betwin what he belives in and in what postion he is most competant at the moment.
He still got a lot to learn tacticaly and postion wise as an AMC. He was more impressive as a wide in 443 cause it req. much less positioning and tactical awarness.

He can be much more impressive once he sort those issues.
:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)