[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (79 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
same like he done against Chievo?

However i also think this might be difficult match for us as Genoa will try harder cos of lost points in todays game.
I would be also happy with 1 point, but i would not mind if we get all 3 ;)
You really think they are going to take this game as lightly as the Chievo one? They will play their best and strive to beat us in front of their fans. Genoa have had a lot of hype around them and they have a lot to prove. This game with Juve is their chance to prove how good they can play. I'm optimistic and I'm sure Juve can win, but it will be tough

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
it was Thursday last year that we won 4-1 :D

it will be a tough match but I believe in our winning mentality and expect a positive result..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
---------------Buffon

Zebina--Leggro--Chiellini--Grosso

----------------Melo

--Camoranesi------Marchisio

---------------Diego

-------Amauri-----Trezeguet

Assuming that Sissoko, Del Piero, Salihamidzic, and Cannavaro are all out of this match I think this is a team competent of beating Genoa. I would like to try Caceres as a CB but this is not a game to experiment with a new player in central defense. Zebina may lack defensively but he is a better player than Grygera and should start

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
ok since iaquinta is the only striker that showing that he can score for us so far, we might as well play a 4-3-2-1 with diego n giovinco tgt...that way the playmaking responsibility doesnt fall heavily on either of them

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Napoli took the lead against them at home
That was a very strange match where the ref played the main role. If the referee didn't give a penalty and a red card at the same time to Campagnaro, then i doubt Genoa would've made that comeback. Of course, it's impossible to know if Napoli would have taken the lead at all had Criscito not been sent off.
--------------------------
As for our match against them, compared to the match from last year when they won 3:2, Genoa will be without Thiago Motta, Palladino (can make it for this match though, but i doubt it), Criscito, Rubinho, Ferrari, Juric and Jankovic (Milito didn't play on that match when they beat us). So, even the players who scored all 3 goals won't play this time.

Of the starting XI that beat us last year, only Biava, Bocchetti, Mesto and Sculli will play.

It will be a completely different Genoa. A weaker Genoa imo. The style will be the same, but still, the quality is different.
First there is the motivation. Genoa will undoubtedly be motivated, but i doubt they can find the same motivation from the time when they beat us last season. Back then, some 10 rounds before the end, they were in strong position to fight for CL places while now it's only the start of the season.
Second.... i rate both Zapater and Kharja as good players, but i don't think either of them, especially Kharja, has the characteristics to dominate the midfield the way Thiago Motta and Juric could. Also, i see no player in current Genoa with Juric's playmaking skills.
Third.... without Criscito, Olivera (played in the second half against us last year) and very possibly Palladino, who just came back from a longer injury and played only 30 minutes total this season, they won't have players who'll give 101% in order to prove Juve wrong.
4th.... Genoa aren't in the same position as last year when they had week rest before every match. They also play midweek matches now and they played on Thursday in Europa league.
And last but not least, Juve are in much better form compared to last year. This is what the forbidden site said about Buffon after the defeat in Genoa: "He has not looked like the same goalkeeper as he did before his injury and, dare one say it, Juve may want to sell him while his stock is still fairly high.".
Last season Poulsen completely lost his duel with Thiago Motta and Juric. I doubt Melo will be defeated by Zapater.

Feb 7, 2007
Well here is my statement,i believe that we are in a good shape atm ,if melo makes it for the game he will help a lot more than anyone else could.We have luck this year i believe it.

Buffon is playing really good lately and he is full of confidence,we are a hard side for everyone i dont think genoa can damage us,this year we are strong,we have passion and the will to do well,we dont afraid and we dont underestimate anyone under ciro ferrara.

As for diego or probably del piero even if they dont make it for the game,we are still aiming for the victory as always.

So guys,don't worry about the game we will fight hard till the end.Genoa must be worried not us.

:analcanon: :scarf: :analcanon:

May 4, 2004
Toughest match so far, but some players are supposed to return. Marchisio and Camo looked like they found their footing in the new formation, which is promising. Biggest problem is whom to field next to Iaquinta upfront. DP won't make the game probably and hasn't played for ages anyway, Amauri is out of shape and playing against himself while Trez looks hopeless right now. Giovinco isn't showing his best either, but i'd like to see him partner Iaquinta and let him roam a bit so he can play face towards the goal, find the spaces and go a bit wider.

Buffon
Grygera Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Melo Marchisio
Diego
Iaquinta Giovinco?
Amauri is our best forward imo!.. He might not be scoring right now but he works hard.. Anyway I would love to see Giovinco upfront along side Amauri or Iaquinta..

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
As for our match against them, compared to the match from last year when they won 3:2, Genoa will be without Thiago Motta, Palladino (can make it for this match though, but i doubt it), Criscito, Rubinho, Ferrari, Juric and Jankovic (Milito .
Palladino played few minutes against Chievo yesterday .

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Buffon
Zebina - Legro - Chiellini - Grosso
Camoranesi - Melo - Marchisio
Giovinco
Amauri - Iaquinta​
Cáceres to replace Zebina in the second half and Marchisio to be subbed out also. Diego to replace Giovinco after he has owned Genoa :D

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005

I think we can beat this team easly , we are superior to them .

But the one thing that will help them to do good is thier fans , I bet that the tickets will be sold out , and the fans will motivate the players and they are going to play like its the last day of thier lives .

And that only happens when we are the opponents .

I mean just look at Lazio fans when we played against them !!

that don't happen when they play against Inter or Milan .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)