[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (77 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 15, 2006
It's on Thursday! If it was on the weekend I would've missed the game :weee:

Marceℓℓo;2149325 said:
Why is everybody shitting their pants?Genoa is a good squad but let's not kid ourselves here.

Everything but 3 points would be a disappointment.
Absoutely, 3 points has to be the objective.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44
    Genoa away is IMO harder than Roma or Lazio away these days...
    True, but doesn't mean that we should go for a draw. We won away to an inform Lazio we shouldn't be happy with a draw against Genoa.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Toughest match so far, but some players are supposed to return. Marchisio and Camo looked like they found their footing in the new formation, which is promising. Biggest problem is whom to field next to Iaquinta upfront. DP won't make the game probably and hasn't played for ages anyway, Amauri is out of shape and playing against himself while Trez looks hopeless right now. Giovinco isn't showing his best either, but i'd like to see him partner Iaquinta and let him roam a bit so he can play face towards the goal, find the spaces and go a bit wider.

Buffon
    Grygera Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
    Camoranesi Melo Marchisio
    Diego
    Iaquinta Giovinco?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Toughest match so far, but some players are supposed to return. Marchisio and Camo looked like they found their footing in the new formation, which is promising. Biggest problem is whom to field next to Iaquinta upfront. DP won't make the game probably and hasn't played for ages anyway, Amauri is out of shape and playing against himself while Trez looks hopeless right now. Giovinco isn't showing his best either, but i'd like to see him partner Iaquinta and let him roam a bit so he can play face towards the goal, find the spaces and go a bit wider.

Buffon
    Diego
    Iaquinta Giovinco?
    Iaquinta also roams and plays towards the area, we'll suddenly find ourselves in a position similar to Iaquinta - Amauri but no one to score. On the other hand Giovinco as a support striker brings the best out of his partner. I'm torn on this one but I'd opt for another Iaquinta - Trezeguet.

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008

Buffon
    Diego
    Iaquinta Giovinco?
    agree with Giovinco's place we should try him in that place...

pavelnedy

Juvetus Lover
    Oct 26, 2008
    Dude you are not in a Parma forum.. Saying a draw would be nice is stupid no matter how well Geona are playing!..

Yes I know it's not Parma forum.But IMO Genoa is one of the hardest team that Juve will face in serie A.They play like English teams...more pass,run more,press very well.Also they're really great at their home.Our performance is not really good(even though we won all the league game).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Marceℓℓo;2149325 said:
    Why is everybody shitting their pants?Genoa is a good squad but let's not kid ourselves here.

Everything but 3 points would be a disappointment.
    Genoa are one of the most difficult sides to beat when they are at home. If it was at the olimpico we would walk all over them

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    Plus they'll be looking to bounce back from todays defeat.
    Naturally.

However, their confidence would have taken a knock after conceding three goals.

But we have to remember that Juventus always save their best performances when the chips are stacked higher.

I can see us coming away with three points if the attack clicks.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    It is always a good feeling to see Genoa lose against Chievo. 3 points lost for them.

This game will be played at the Genoa homeground. Genoa has quite a number of staff who has perviously worked with Juve. Genoa is a very strong team capable of challenging the top, so Genoa will definitely to give their best performance against Juve too, so I expect this match to be a high quality encounter. As Ferrara said, Juventus must be ruthless, so no way we will bow down to Genoa

Prediction

Genoa 0 Juventus 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)