[Serie A] Genoa 1-3 JUVENTUS [June 30th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@MikeM what were the attacking and defensive shapes? Did Danilo attack more than AS to provide width since Rabiot entered the box for headers?

Danilo had the identical role of Sandro, a fullback cutting in keeping possession, couple times overlapped to cross (awfully), but pretty similar role to Sandro. More subdued keep possession role, ala what Hysaj had in Napoli. Sarri is all about this assymetrical way to use his fullbacks, Cuadrado had free reigns while the other flank becomes extra central defender or CM at times to keep things moving.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Danilo had the identical role of Sandro, a fullback cutting in keeping possession, couple times overlapped to cross (awfully), but pretty similar role to Sandro. More subdued keep possession role, ala what Hysaj had in Napoli. Sarri is all about this assymetrical way to use his fullbacks, Cuadrado had free reigns while the other flank becomes extra central defender or CM at times to keep things moving.
How did it work with Rabiot instead of Matuidi? Matuidi often occupies that LM space, but I'm reading Rabiot entered the box for headers ( :tup: ).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How did it work with Rabiot instead of Matuidi? Matuidi often occupies that LM space, but I'm reading Rabiot entered the box for headers ( :tup: ).

He was flexible enough to do both. Rabiot was basically like Khedira joining attack alot in box, but he ran alot more then we are used to, kept shape wide sometimes (and rest of the time by committee, several players going wide there) and was one of the reasons why we were passing so quick and well in this game. One of our better passing games in a while, largely because they were so in synch doing quick tempo first touch passing. Helped tons Matuidi wasnt there to fuck it up (and as soon as he entered, saw 3-4 miss hit passes). Encouraging performance by Rabiot even if he doesnt occupy the LM space as much. He is good enough in passing he keeps it moving around those channels still.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The goal we conceded was equally amazing as the golasos. Pure comedy from Danilo, Bonucci, and Cuadrado. Tek maybe could've done better too but I think he was in shock after seeing what transpired in front of him.

@MikeM what were the attacking and defensive shapes? Did Danilo attack more than AS to provide width since Rabiot entered the box for headers?
I agree with what everyone has said.

But Genoa was playing some lazy 3-5-2 so it was easy for us to press them to death and recover the ball quick. Rabiot did run way more than usual. I'm curious if he can do it against a team that can actually break our press, because then he has to come all the way into our low block to defend and then attack, not just pinch the ball and go from there.

Danilo tried one left footed cross and hit it into the moon somewhere. I don't think it's necessarily Sarri's tactics that prefers one fullback over the other but in the natural flow of the game, I think we're always going to end up with Cuadrado advancing further than Danilo.

Still I find that both fullbacks are conservative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)