[Serie A] Genoa 1-3 Juventus [December 13th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
I like what I saw and expected much worse after the CL game and away to Genoa. They parked the bus and scored with their first attempt on the goal but we managed to grind out a win. In my opinion, we are finally looking like a team and can only get better.
I agree. Players gave everything they had, we really came for the win and we fought hard for it. I believe that the relationship between players and manager is healthy, and I like that all those young guys have something to prove. Nobody is playing like they don’t care.

Next match will be difficult and another big test, but nice to have a more open game, perhaps it suits us more. When we wanted we dominated Barca, only the direct counters made them come back into the match. It didn’t work

Buy on AliExpress.com

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
People saying we played bad or didnt create enough, it was an away game after a CL match and we scored 6 goals. 3 ruled off goals and we still got a 1-3 win.

Clearly enough was done today by the team today.

This isn't a week to complain about Juve.
Agreed. Top of the group in CL, two points closer to the top after Milan lost points and a confidence booster for Dybala.

One problem to take away however is that Genoa have probably the most toothless attack in Italy, yet they still managed to squeeze a counter-attacking goal in despite us allowing them absolutely nothing for the whole game. It's been a huge problem against the minnows that we bash our head against a brick wall for 30 minutes and then get exposed by large numbers in attack. We either have to give up possession and pressure them less, or find a way to break down turtle defenses without exposing our backline. However, I think we played great last night considering the schedule and how well we dominated for 90 minutes.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think that we will play a fine game against Atalanta since they won't park their bus which suits us.Yes they are dangerous but we can deal with that.Only that constant rotation in midfield is something I don't like.Pirlo must have starters and build the game on them and rotate when needed.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Agreed. Top of the group in CL, two points closer to the top after Milan lost points and a confidence booster for Dybala.

One problem to take away however is that Genoa have probably the most toothless attack in Italy, yet they still managed to squeeze a counter-attacking goal in despite us allowing them absolutely nothing for the whole game. It's been a huge problem against the minnows that we bash our head against a brick wall for 30 minutes and then get exposed by large numbers in attack. We either have to give up possession and pressure them less, or find a way to break down turtle defenses without exposing our backline. However, I think we played great last night considering the schedule and how well we dominated for 90 minutes.
The team knew all of this and once they scored, they relaxed too much. Happens to every team, especially during covid times.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think that we will play a fine game against Atalanta since they won't park their bus which suits us.Yes they are dangerous but we can deal with that.Only that constant rotation in midfield is something I don't like.Pirlo must have starters and build the game on them and rotate when needed.
It seems evident that more open football suits Pirlo's ideas well. Sure, we'll suffer a bit more defensively, but we also suffer on counters already by teams looking to entrap us.

We might put in a good showing in this year's CL, but it's so random this year I'm not going to predict anything. I can't imagine a Portuguese team coming to Turin and putting men behind the ball, but there will be some degree of playing for counters because it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)