[Serie A] Genoa 1-3 Juventus [December 13th, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dybala scored but I still dont think he played that great..
There is some major issue with our forwards as Ronaldo comes from the left but is definitely present in the center of the opposition area as well
Morata definitely appears in the center of the box but Dybala... not so much.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Another difficult that should have been easy win. Hopefully get it together when good competition arrives. Genoa showed bad league teams how to play Juve. Pirlo needs to have the offensive starting 11 he put out today get more quality shots.

Just saw DUKAC's post. Better comp sooner than I realized. LOL

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Was hoping for a bit of consistency in the strong performance we showed midweek, especially when there was so much talk about how the Barca win gave us a much needed boost .Disappointed we conceded carelessly especially to sturardinho lol but satisfied and grateful we got them much needed points.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
CL is over till spring, time to gain some mega momentum. Forza Juve!

- - - Updated - - -

It's a penalty.
It was a pen, as a matter of fact there was one in Kulu in the same action.
the fact that perin didn't even appeal tells you he knew it was a pen
I guess you missed the part we're both Perin and the other Genoa defender touch the ball first.
The rules are clear, and state that in both cases that's never a penalty.
Also you missed the Genoa players protest after it was given.

I can make gyfs to show that but I think that it's pretty obvious from the replay.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I guess you missed the part we're both Perin and the other Genoa defender touch the ball first.
The rules are clear, and state that in both cases that's never a penalty.
Also you missed the Genoa players protest after it was given.

I can make gyfs to show that I think that it's pretty obvious from the replay.
Yeah, it wasn't a pen and Dybala's second goal wasn't offside

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Dybala scored but I still dont think he played that great..
There is some major issue with our forwards as Ronaldo comes from the left but is definitely present in the center of the opposition area as well
Morata definitely appears in the center of the box but Dybala... not so much.
Are main tactic is waiting for cuads to do something or spam crosses dybala sucks for either of those things as he does nothing in the air and hes movement is poor for getting on the end of tap ins etc.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
We're falling into sarri trap forcing possession against these double decker buses. I think if we're unable to get an early goal then should give up possession and drop a little these guys can pack the box and throw bodies all game.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think some of tuzzers are reading too much into this. It was a game after great Barca win and on an wet pitch. It's never going to be a champagne football. But we were in a control the whole game.
Or maybe some people have the habit of constant complaining no matter what happens

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The only positive aspect from this 90 minute spectacle of garbage. But let’s hope we can finally start a winning run to put pressure on the Milano hoes.

Penaldo stat-padding and annoying all of his haters will never not be funny.
It's always annoying to play Genoa at the Massari and we almost always put a bad display. Winning two penalties by the end of the match is not seen before in these encounters.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Morata's was clear penalty, by the book. Come on now guys.

Morata touches the ball first and gets fouled. Perin did get a touch AFTER Morata, but the ball was still there in the box (meaning that if he wasn't fouled, Morata had a chance to get the ball and shoot).

Now, one might argue if he was really gonna get the ball, but since he was fouled, we will never know. And that's why it's a penalty and it will be called for any and against any team 10 times out of 10.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I think some of tuzzers are reading too much into this. It was a game after great Barca win and on an wet pitch. It's never going to be a champagne football. But we were in a control the whole game.
I thought it was a good performance. I still don’t know how Dybala’s second goal was offside. And Genoa scored from their only opportunity in the game.
On a different day, this would have ended 5-0.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

Morata touches the ball first and gets fouled. Perin did get a touch AFTER Morata, but the ball was still there in the box (meaning that if he wasn't fouled, Morata had a chance to get the ball and shoot).

Now, one might argue if he was really gonna get the ball, but since he was fouled, we will never know. And that's why it's a penalty and it will be called for any and against any team 10 times out of 10.
This.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought it was a good performance. I still don’t know how Dybala’s second goal was offside. And Genoa scored from their only opportunity in the game.
Ronaldo's foot with which he passed the ball is what counts, not his other leg. That's how they drew the line and it was a slight offside.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The thing is - Control worth nothing if you dont create.
Our game-plan up until the final pass is not bad at all but then there is the time to create an opportunity and we basically have no midfielder who can give a killer pass.
To make it even worse is we only have only 2 forwards who have presence in the box. Dybala scored a nice goal but the truth is he is not too available for a final pass.

Anyway good that we won and hope we have a reinforcement or two in the next transfer window

- - - Updated - - -

domination wise yeah but we didnt create enough to score 5 goals...

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I like what I saw and expected much worse after the CL game and away to Genoa. They parked the bus and scored with their first attempt on the goal but we managed to grind out a win. In my opinion, we are finally looking like a team and can only get better.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

You are wrong in this.
If this was a diving save and Perin would have deflected the ball, but by doing so, cought morata's leg/s it wouldn't be a penalty.
So why should this be.
The game emphasis the keeper getting the ball.
What comes after that it doesn't matter.
How about when some keeper punches the ball, and by doing so brings down another player.
Why isn't it then a penalty?
If it would have gone against Juve, we all would be fuming.
Anyway I maintain that the only reason it was given was because the referee needed to compensate for some bad decisions that he made previously.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)