• Luigi Del Neri

• Marco Motta

• Rafael Benitez

• Riccardo Garrone

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True. But the collapse was motivated by the owner's personal greed. I'm not sure that's so much a flop as the boss man looking to cash out.
Not really.

He would have just sold Cassano for his market value if that was the case. Instead he tried to sack him and force him out.

Pazzini may have been greed, but Cassano was more about Garrone's ego.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that's what you get when you let Del Neri and Marotta go :D
Maybe.

What I don't understand is that some people used Samp's rubbish season as a reason to criticise those two.

If anything, surely it shows they were very important to the club and did a good job there.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not really.

He would have just sold Cassano for his market value if that was the case. Instead he tried to sack him and force him out.

Pazzini may have been greed, but Cassano was more about Garrone's ego.
Not Pazzini. But I have to give props for how Garrone handled Cassano. No more babied infants. Good for him. :tup:

It's not like Zamparini...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe.

What I don't understand is that some people used Samp's rubbish season as a reason to criticise those two.

If anything, surely it shows they were very important to the club and did a good job there.
true, but they were still doing OK till Garrone let Cassano and Pazzini go - when you sell your best players, for whatever reason, the message you send to the rest of the team is one of lack of ambition and the rest of the players lost concentration, I think, and the team as a whole went into free fall since then.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not Pazzini. But I have to give props for how Garrone handled Cassano. No more babied infants. Good for him. :tup:
It's fine for Garrone to behave like that to Cassano if he personally is willing to fill the 10m gap created by not getting proper value for Cassano.

Instead, he didn't get that, didn't reinvest the Pazzini cash, and got Samp relegated.

While I like to see people standing up to players, Garrone's job was to do what was best for the club, and he failed to do that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
True. But the collapse was motivated by the owner's personal greed. I'm not sure that's so much a flop as the boss man looking to cash out.

I expected mediocrity. He delivered on that promise.
I figured we would struggle for 4th but this season has been a total disaster. We sucked in the EL too, couldn't win a single game.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It got to be Garrone. I hope he enjoyed that dinner, ceremony (or whatever it was) that Cassano turned down, who btw is laughing his ass off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)