Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (30 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah, it was a very amateuristic mistake, totally unnecessary. Besides that he played well though.
Yes, he played well.. until he made an error that cost us two points. A defender just can't permit to make such mistakes.

I would blame Leggro for the penalty but not for the draw.
Was it not the penalty that caused the draw?

The defense is dark, we are going to lose a lot of silly points because of them...
and our management isnt willing to fix this problem at winter's transfer period:frown:
Except for that one error, we stood well as a defensive unit. Chiellini is simply excellent. One would never guess he is only 23, based on his performance(s).

Please if you have nothing better to say, you may just read and not write.

Ranieri had his tools in his 2nd half, his SUBS, incase you don't know what i'm pointing at.

Our midfielders were deadly tired last 25min, even a blind man can feel that, Sali should have been sub same with Almiron, they couldn't run anymore.
Can't say I agree, our midfield was containing Fiorentina pretty well. I thought the mistakes lay in taking Nedved and Iaquinta off really. Nedved was always the danger factor in the counter attacks and Iaquinta simply put in a man of the match performance, the guy makes so much metres and he is so difficult to deal with for defenders.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 26, 2007
Please if you have nothing better to say, you may just read and not write.

Ranieri had his tools in his 2nd half, his SUBS, incase you don't know what i'm pointing at.

Our midfielders were deadly tired last 25min, even a blind man can feel that, Sali should have been sub same with Almiron, they couldn't run anymore.
I agree on the subs but tactically I think Ranieri did a great job. Our marking and closing down was excellent.

I had the feeling the players were leaning back too much in the last 15-20 minutes. And that's not Ranieri's fault imo.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
but plz ranieri play tiago. he only had 1 game this season and i really did not see any mistake he made there. he could have given our midfiel more control so that fiorentina's pressure would have been lesser. he should have sub him with almiron

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We could have used of DP technique to keep the possession of the game, slow down the tempo and stall their attacks,we chossed to counter attack with the trident,
IMO that was a tactical mistake, that gave more pressure to our weak defense and time bombs like Legro finally exploded, making a hero out of Bobo, who isnt any faster than DP.
We wasted many chances to score because we lacked the determination, we learnt nothing out of the Roma draw, lady luck paid us back,
a fair result made of personal mistakes and tactical+collective faults...
i wasnt surprised by the result, i have seen enough of Juve to know better...
Secco MUST buy a real defender for an x-mas present...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, his tactics were pretty smart today, but tactics are nothing if you don't use your subs well. Subs are one of the most important things in 2nd halfs, it could totally change everything in the game.

Before Palladino entered, it showed that our midfielders (Almiron and Sali) are not able to continue the game, taking one of them out would have helped the team alot, Fiorentina put soo much pressure on us last 25min and Ranieri should had done something towards that.
We had no alternative to Salihamidzic, who was doing a good job imo, and Almiron was also having a fairly good game in midfield. Tiago for Almiron is the only change that would've made sense and I'm not sure that would've helped in any way. My one disagreement with Ranieri is that I would've brought on Del Piero earlier and for Trezeguet, not Iaquinta.

Edit - oh and I wouldn't have taken off Nedved. I'm not sure what Ranieri was thinking with that change as Pavel had finally come to life and started to play his best stuff in the second half.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Bah we didn't deserve to tie this game. It was unlucky that we conceded

Iaquinta Man of the match Imo (with Chiellini a close second)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Yes, he played well.. until he made an error that cost us two points. A defender just can't permit to make such mistakes.

Was it not the penalty that caused the draw?

Except for that one error, we stood well as a defensive unit. Chiellini is simply excellent. One would never guess he is only 23, based on his performance(s).

Can't say I agree, our midfield was containing Fiorentina pretty well. I thought the mistakes lay in taking Nedved and Iaquinta off really. Nedved was always the danger factor in the counter attacks and Iaquinta simply put in a man of the match performance, the guy makes so much metres and he is so difficult to deal with for defenders.
no it wasn't. we could have been 2:0 or 3:0 in front

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You know Del Piero's slow, I know he's slow, dammit he has to know he's slow, so why is he trying to outrun defenders? He has a great shot, he could've shot the ball and if he missed or got saved it would've been better than trying to sprint past a Fiorentina defender when everyone knows he can't. He gave away the ball a lot too.

If he can't focus on the game that's his fault.

I don't care who says what about why Del Piero was benched. Fact is he's behind Iaquinta and Trezeguet in the pecking order based on nothing but FORM.
He did a bad decision trying to outrun Fiorentina's captain, that said, this thing shouldn't make and create a big fuss out here and discuss his wages just because he tried to outrun a defender.

Trezeguet missed an easy chance today, world's better finisher missed a chance yet no one is mentioning that, but people enjoy arguing and discussing Ale always.

On the other hand, Del Piero is a human, not even a robot would handle the pressure Ale is handling now. From our mang to press, media to Donadoni to to to etc... How can you expect someone to performe when all this pressure are up on his shoulder.

You know very well that if a footballer should performe well, shouldn't be passing through any pressure. I know you play football, and i'm sure you understand about what i'm talking.

I agree that Iaquinta is ahead of him, Iaquinta is doing great so far and i'm enjoying watching him. I want Del Piero to enter this competition with Iaquinta and Trezeguet, but so long someone like Cobolli is handling things, i'm not optimistic at all.

Jun 26, 2007
No guys, the penalty was fair. It's whenever Vieri would go down or something, which was everytime he had the ball, the referee would give a free kick. It really slows things down, and Juve couldn't get the counter-attack going.
Yes, it was a fair penalty. Eventhough not handballing wouldn't have caused any disadvantage to us. It really was an unbelievably stupid mistake.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
:howler: yeah lets blame Del Piero for our draw today. He's the reason for everything going bad.
:rofl:
Trezeguet missed two great opportunities and Del Piero should have done better but he had just been brought on FFS. Stop looking for a scapegoat!
Get a life people
exactly, this game was heading for a draw long before delpie came on.
Ranieri hold the blame for this draw and not Legro IMO.
overall i am not too dissapointed with a draw against fiorentina away from home. its not an easy place to go, we had no fans and lest not forget WE HAD LEGROTAGLIE IN DEFENCE TODAY!!

as for blaming ranieri, the only problem i seen was taking off iaquinta instead of trezegol. vicenzo was the only forward that got behind their backline all day and removing him showed we were happy with a draw

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I actually thought the defence was solid today.
A match lasts 90' and we always concede in the end, we cant handle the pressure of a very determined opponent, the midfield made our defenders look better than they are, when the game moved to them the last minutes, they failed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)