[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (13 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
It's a waste, but it's not too bad of a result. And I have to say that was a great Gilardino goal. The way he took it.. man, I think he might be back to his old form..
:agree: It was a superbly taken goal

well, its football, these things happen. get over it.
I'm over it, it's just football but in future let's aim for a draw against Real Madrid, Zenit, Milan, Inter & Roma.. It'll be the best possible result if there ever was one irregardless of the actual game and how it unfolded hey?

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Despite only one point, I am pleased with the game. Juve showed much more class than la viola. I Watched both the inter - and the roma match. Imo juve did the best of all topteams. We have a much better moral, and a spirit for victory. Haha rossoneri!
Nedved yesterday, what a player he is. Its impossible not to love him. Camo did very good too!

And for our transfers, im beginning to see the light. With so many important games this season i think juve did smart to enlarge our squad with hardworking players. Marchisio was very good, so was poulsen and amauri.

This will be good year guys! Have faith!
thx

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
btw, did you guys catch Cobolli and Elkann laughing with Della Valle after the game?

That's our frekin' Prez man. Brutal!
Thats what I am saying always.
Former Roland Garros tennis tournament -Blanc,a former middle rated FIAT office manager-Giggli,can not run our beloved Juve.no way.They are office rats.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I like the way Poulsen plays a lot. Its chilled and neat. We desperately need Momo next to him as his energyu seems to help possession wise and allows us to push up in numbers which we didnt do yesterday as we were really under the kosh the majority of the time especially the 2nd half. I'm unhappily findingout that our next game is Di Natale and co and after watching the Udinese palermo game... Di Natale, Quag and Inler could cause problems especially with Mellberg seeming not too adept at tricky footed players like Toto

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
your ratings were a little harsh...
I don't think so as I judge with my head and not my heart like a lot of football watchers.

Looking at some of the posts here it is obvious that far too much emotion is expended instead of analysing the game like it should a lot of bias comes into play.

Football would always be a sport to me no matter how much I love it but there are far more important things in life.

I gave DP 6 because he deserved a 6 as I was not judging based on what I expect of him but on what he actually did in the game. He had shots on target, he attacked his opponents and he had to deal with some silly balls from his teammates but unless he beats 3 people or scores a goal or 2 he is horrible according to some, based on expectation instead of the game itself. Yes he missed a great chance but show me a player that doesn't

I thought Poulsen was good even if for the life of me I cannot understand what he is doing in Juventus.

I was not that impressed with Nedved but he is loved to death on here as his shots were off target and some of his crossing was poor like the 1 to Dp that was overhit but he was not too bad either regardless of his age as he seems to get some slack because of that too.

Molinaro could be a waste of time as he was last night but I do not agree that we were bad last night as we were not.

I don't know what yopu guys expect, Fiorentina were playing at home and it is the 1st game of the season against their bitter rivals, of cos you are to expect a reaction from them after going a goal behind but for some reason you guys expect far too much.

I wonder what the reaction would have been like if we lost at home to Bologna or lost away to Numancia.

Big picture is that we played well, we have match winners, far more than Fiorentina and things would get even better. I am not that bothered with results at this stage as it is performances that count and the guys last night especially Camo who I cannot see how he is not universally m.o.m as he defended, took on players and was the catalyst for almost all our attacks give me hope for optimism.

Ps even though I saw the game on a wide screen tv it is still very difficult to rate individual performances so I think it is impossible to rate performances is you watched on the internet as what players do off the ball cannot be assessed.

It is amazing to me that people do not get fed up of personally insuting eachother even if they have been in the same forum for so many years

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Is that not contradictory? Or should we only buy players with fancy names?
:howler: good one

lemme give my 2 cents...

Legro, Poulsen were fantastic...both did their jobs with consummate efficiency

Molinaro was terrible...Santana, at best an average player, ran rings around him and looked like Messidona when Molinaro was defending him

Melleberg was decent overall, but had 2 major slip ups that almost cost us the game

Nedved and Camo...consistent and solid performers

Amauri was lively, got into some great positions and looked very good

Ale looked slow and off the pace, but it always takes him some time to get going

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
OMG that’s 3 times in a row they have *%##* us with late goals IHATE THEM!!!!!!

What’s with the refs, gee they hate us, gave them everything all day and us nothing.

If anyway says Giladino played well they need top watch the game again he was owned all day and the only reason why he scored was due to Camonersi coming off and a bit of dismay they put the ball in the mixer got a flick on and it was a freakin toe pock finish but all in all still a goal.

Anyway we dominated this game I liked the way we played, Raneri should have used subs early we had pace to burn off the bench and DP and Amuari were tiring Giovinco and Iaquinta should have come in.

Anyway to the players:

Buffon – 8 – Quite day but did not make one mistake. That’s why his the worlds best.

Grygera – 6.5 Solid set up a beauty to Nedved with a nice run. Put some nice crosses in and defended well a bit lost early. Got tiered but he is a quality player.

Legra – 7 Fantastic game to all the people who doubt him all the time he proves you wrong. Solid as a rock, calm on the ball and very strong in the air. Made cry baby Giladino look silly for 89 mins.

Mellberg – 6 First half was awesome then got tiered. He and Legra were dominating in the air then lost a few air balls late that caused us problems. Read the play well and yes it wasn’t great defending for the goal but he couldn’t do much as the ref would have called a pen for anything. Will get better enough to suggest he is better then average as he reads the play well.

Molinaro – 6.5 Good game. Not too much up front but defended well this surprised me. Please keep it up I cant believe I am saying this but he deserves a pat on the back well done.

Nedved – 8.5 Machine. His touch on the ball was unbelievable all day his first half a ripper. Great work rate, brilliant vision and passing and a goal.

Poulsan – 7.5 Great game by the Dane. Hard as nails beautiful passer and keeps things simple. Great pass to Amauri who should’ve done better. Will be very good with Momo as his vision and creativity is underrated.

Marchisio – 5.5 Not up to it. YET! He could be a very good player just a bit out of his depth right now. Something about him makes me like him. His passing is good, work rate good, needs to work on his tackling. One for the future. Good job!

Camo – 8.6 MOM lol pips Nedved. Absolute STAR! Great workrate, defence, attack brilliant. Enough said his probably close to our most valuable player (with GG or DP here).

DP – 6 DP sets a very high standard. I don’t think he was poor but he should have buried them. That one on one he hesitated shoulve could’ve but didn’t. Tried hard not his day Gio shouldve been given a chance.

Amauari – 6 Good first half average secand. For a player of his ilk he had the chances to score atleast 2 maby even 3. He will be a good player but surely Iaquinta is better then a very tiered 70min Amuari. Good shot at the death but he and DP didn’t bury them today.

Subs:

DeCeglie N/A – looked OK

Iaquinta N/A

Raneri – 6 Stuck in his ways never makes subs even when there obvious. In saying that did a great job (away) with players out.

All in all we lost two points but gained a lot of credit for a good style of play and crisp passing.

Forza Juve!!! We will win next week.

Apr 15, 2006
It's these kind of games that will loose us the Scudetto if we are indeed going to challenge for it.. I don't why some people are celebrating this due to the fact that because Inter & Roma drawing as well as Milan loosing it makes everything better.. Fuck that, we need to take every chance we get and we just missed a big one right at the beginning
what's important is that we'll get 37 more chances of winning, and most of them being easier than this one, and that is when we have to secure a win!

Apr 15, 2006
may be, but we should win such games anyway bro and not losing the win on 89th minute
you're right. but it's not the end of the world. by un-doing the mistakes we did last season and making sure we win against the mid table teams, we can almost nullify the significance of this result. what's done is done, and looking forward to the future is what is more important.

that being said, i really blame this draw on DP and maybe Amauri too. had they finished their chances, Gila's goal wud've been insignificant! but that is football, and that is DP. he probably misses the easy ones, but scores the very difficult ones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)