[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (13 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
It's these kind of games that will loose us the Scudetto if we are indeed going to challenge for it.. I don't why some people are celebrating this due to the fact that because Inter & Roma drawing as well as Milan loosing it makes everything better.. Fuck that, we need to take every chance we get and we just missed a big one right at the beginning

Aug 1, 2003
It's not so much of the draw - I think you could tell that Juve loosened their grip on the game towards the end what more with Felipe's dismissal. And they never should've done so. The game aint over until the whistle blows.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It's these kind of games that will loose us the Scudetto if we are indeed going to challenge for it.. I don't why some people are celebrating this due to the fact that because Inter & Roma drawing as well as Milan loosing it makes everything better.. Fuck that, we need to take every chance we get and we just missed a big one right at the beginning
a draw away from home against one of your fellow scudetto contenders will not lose us the title. But the manner of the draw is hard to accept

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
idiots. away draw against one of our biggest rivals. good result if there ever was one..
your only looking at the result.. When a team one man down equalises with a minute to go, we've wasted a big oppurtunity ESPECIALLY against a competitve rival, if you want to lay down and accept it be my guess but we had the perfect oppurtunity to get a head start against the competition and we've wasted it..

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
a draw away from home against one of your fellow scudetto contenders will not lose us the title. But the manner of the draw is hard to accept
the fact that it is against a rival makes it all the more annoying.. I did overreact a bit but Gogol is saying "thank god we got a point".. That's rubbish and it's the wrong attitude for a hungry team hoping for success

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
the fact that it is against a rival makes it all the more annoying.. I did overreact a bit but Gogol is saying "thank god we got a point".. That's rubbish and it's the wrong attitude for a hungry team hoping for success
:agree: its unacceptable the manner of the draw, how a team like our can play so badly for a whole 45 minutes while 1-0 up is beyond me, and especially to cancede to 10 men. Ranieri needs to start using his substitutions, prandelli's subs changed the game, he's the guy that we need on our bench not that idiot ranieri

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Just the way we conceded was unacceptable, when there's one minute to go you dont half heartedly stand off a striker that short from the goal.. Oh wait on "it was a good result if there ever was one" pfft

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I'm pleased with the result but considering we were ahead with Fiorentina a man down this is a missed opportunity
we had by far the hardest opposition and got a decent result let's just leave it at that

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I was so annoyed after the game, as we lost 2 points by allowing viola to come into the game.
So annoyed that even at 6am, I could not sleep.

We knew, that Viola will push hard in 2nd half, and i just wonder why our players looked so scared to pass the ball in 2nd half and try better. We had some really great passes and i was really happy with the game in first half. Before our game i saw Lpool game, and if i would compare it to them, we played just great.

For all our missed chances, as Alen said in 1st half, we got punished. We could killed off the game, but Amauri and Alex wasted some great chances.

I am probably one of very few who will not only blame Ranieri for this loss of 2 points, but also our players.

In his defense I will say once again: Gio is not ready to come in such an important game and to replace Alex who actually got rested, together with Nedved who got subbed before end of game against Artmedia.
Gio made 2 clear passes in that game, and lost 6-7 balls just to mention, and I dont see the reason why CR would subbed well prepared and rested Alex with him.

I did also called during the game to sub Alex, but never with Gio, i would use IQ , and def. no to Ekdal.
Tiago would be out of question as he was thinking more about who is next to be locked in toilet than anything else.

I also noticed and i said in live match tread that Camo was complaining about something. There was one member who also noticed the same..
CR def. did not want to make any changes, and subbing him with IQ was more to do with 2-3 mins until end of game to slow viola and get some time on our side, than anything else..

Alex had 3 trademark free kicks in 2nd half, and how do you really know that one of those would not go in?
Same with Nedved, some of you called for him to be replaced ,but after goal and game, he was even MOM o some of you...

On positive side, I was really pleased with Poulsen, Marchiso, Amauri. All of them were great. For anyone doubting about those transfers just to say, you are wrong. We are looking at pure class, power, technique.
I see Poulsen and Momo in midfield paying together when time to keep the result. It will be bullet proof DM. Amauri is the beast..He has everything great strikers have , and there will be lots of T-shirts with his name to be sold..

Camo made lots of mistakes at start of first half, but he done much better after.

Melberg did make few mistakes, one of them was crucial, but he was very strong in air and i was much more confident seeing him than our full backs.. There are still things to be worked out on our defense line, but considering everything, they worked well in last nights game. Legro done very well, and he was faultless.

Molinaro scared me to death on 2 offside traps and i really wander did he know about them???

I am not happy with our full backs, and i wonder can they anyhow improve and up their game in next few weeks.

All in all we played well, shame about result as we could do better with just a bit more of concentration.

Forza Juve

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:agree: its unacceptable the manner of the draw, how a team like our can play so badly for a whole 45 minutes while 1-0 up is beyond me, and especially to cancede to 10 men. Ranieri needs to start using his substitutions, prandelli's subs changed the game, he's the guy that we need on our bench not that idiot ranieri
it was sad that we conceded due to poor marking in the box. I mean that goal could have been stopped easily! 11 or 10 men, that free kick still found itself onto gila. It was 2 fiorentina players and our defense that put that goal in the back of the net.

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
History repeating.

Before the game, this result could have been acceptable but the way we got it is just frustrating. If it was opposite, if we scored at the last minute equilizer we would have be happy. But this way we could not !!

The second half we were far from the game in the first and Ranieri HAD TO DO something about it, not waiting for a first sub at 80th minute. Having "no midfield spine" as he (Ranieri) excuses himslef is just not an excuse. You deal with what you have and try to make things happen.

The good thing is that other competitors did not win either, but not using these chances will cost us the Scudetto. That is what happened last year, but this cannot be this year !!!

I must edit this:
Not to be so negative.... I liked Marchisio very much and Paulsen played great passing, except some 2-3 errors at the end (I guess his concentration went down as well)
I am sooo sory about Melberg. He was so big in the first half but at the we got a goal over him. Maybe it is not his fault alone, some others should have narrow the space to Gila as well.
I like De Ceglie as he had 10 minutes to play and made 2 attempts for assists.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a waste, but it's not too bad of a result. And I have to say that was a great Gilardino goal. The way he took it.. man, I think he might be back to his old form..

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
1-1 away to Viola is a good result which I would have taken before the game, but it hurts to know we could have had 3 points. Still, I saw more positives than negatives in our game and when we're back at full strength we'll have a very formidable team - particularly in midfield.

Buffon: 6 - Nothing special but made no errors. Came out well to scare Gilardino on his opportunity, which ended in comedy.

Molinaro - 5: I would've given him a better grade had he not looked so nervous all the time. Does extremely well in one situation, only to screw another up entirely. As I've said before, he's the most primitive player in our squad. He has some talent, but he can't really apply it - very much in the Nocerino and Palladino mould and we all know what happened to them.

Mellberg - 5.5: Was flawless apart from two situations with Gilardino. At fault for the goal, but as Ranieri said after the game, a defender shouldn't even be put in a 1v1 situation with a striker in the penalty box.

Legrottaglie - 7: A perfect defensive game, but lost the aerial duel which led to the goal. Also the starting point of many of our attacks. Seems the additional competition has done him well, and his Azzurri call up is well deserved if he keeps playing like this.

Grygera - 6: When he first joined us, I expected him to be a more defensive RB alternative, with Zebina our more attacking option. I was wrong and Zdenek's still shakey at the back, but makes up for it with a great assist for our goal.

Nedved - 6.5: A few years ago I would've given him a 6 because of his generally poor attacking display (apart from the goal), but nowadays he's went from being an attacking menace to becoming a box-to-box left winger. A more composed and talented Brazzo, if you will. Served Del Piero with a nice chip, almost leading to a goal.

Poulsen - 7: Constantly managed to be a playable option for his teammates. This means our players rarely lose the ball or are forced to hit a 50-50 long ball. Keeps our game fluid, hits his passes with accuracy and keeps the opposition from playing football. Alonso might have suited our needs more, but anyone who still thinks that paying an additional 10m for the Spaniard would have been justified is insane.

Marchisio - 6: He's what we wanted Nocerino to be, and is the closest thing to Sissoko we have in the squad. Certainly must have ran the most of all players last night, while still keeping his passing (mostly) accurate. Still something of a headless chicken, but he's trying to prove himself to Ranieri. And hey, which 22 year old wouldn't be excited when making his Juventus Serie A debut against Fiorentina?

Camoranesi - 6.5: This was a difficult one. His first half performance wasn't awful, but when Mauro isn't at his best it clearly shows because most of our game goes through him. Stepped up in the second half and was the only attacking player together with Amauri who was able to hold up the ball.

Del Piero - 5: Unfortunately our worst player on the pitch. Definitely should have scored, or at least forced Frey into making some kind of save. The Fiorentina defence were all over him and for the same reasons as with Camo, when Del Piero isn't as his best it clearly shows.

Amauri - 6: Was a bit poor at times during the game, and could've done better on his first half header. Absolute quality towards the end of the game though, and unlike some of his earlier displays, he was really working hard this time. Probably would've scored with better service. He has a lot more to give.

Ranieri - 4.5: I agree with everyone in this thread. With better managing, we certainly would've won. Looked clueless, but at least he saw that something was wrong with Molinaro's display - which gives him an additional 0.5. Putting Iaquinta in would have been a good move (especially if Camo couldn't go on since Vincenzo is superior to both Brazzo and Marchionni) had it been made much earlier when we had counter attacking opportunities. The subsitition itself was not why we lost the match, as some people here want us to think.

Sep 28, 2002
your only looking at the result.. When a team one man down equalises with a minute to go, we've wasted a big oppurtunity ESPECIALLY against a competitve rival, if you want to lay down and accept it be my guess but we had the perfect oppurtunity to get a head start against the competition and we've wasted it..
well, its football, these things happen. get over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)