[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (12 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
you get 1 point in both situations
Exactly.

I wasn't too sure anymore because some people acted as if you would get one extra point if you draw unlucky.
btw, did you guys catch Cobolli and Elkann laughing with Della Valle after the game?

That's our frekin' Prez man. Brutal!
I noticed that and I found it pretty moronic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Not the result i really hoped for but a draw away to Fiorentina is not a bad result. We did have the game in our hands and we let it go, so its not excellent but at least Inter, Milan, and Roma dont have more points than us. Lets just hope for a win against Udinese in two weeks. Overall i think we were alright. Poulsen was very solid i thought, and Marchisio was ok. Dont understand why Gio didnt get a run out! I hope to see 4 points on the Serie A table in two weeks.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
So who was the dummy? Juventus or Ranieri. I had the pleasure of watching this game and while some things did not surprise me some of them did, Anyways this si my takeon the game

http://www.footballclubsblog.com/2008/09/01/forentina-1-juventus-1.html
I don't see why Ranieri must blame our players when this is the start of the season
The player must be disppointed too with the result and Ranieri actually must boost their morale again like what Mourinho did yesterday

I still asking about his comment to replace Camo with Iaquinta before Gila's goal
At that time Camo is requested to be subituted but why Ranieri choose Iaquinta.
Fio get the ball possession and we need to strengthen the defense to keep the lead.
I will choose for Ekdal for that time.. He strong in the air (tall), can attack and defense. Or i will choose Knezevic

How De Ceglie and Marchisio played in this match?

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Ranieri was right. Juve were very stupid. You don't give away 2 points like that, especially against Fiorentina. Nothing wrong with a little tough love. Maybe next time when we're leading with 4 mins left to get, the players will stay focused.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I was really disappointed with the result and our defense last night. We always do this with fiorentina and get punished because we don't finish them off. We always get the chances and blow them off, then its gutting to see us concede that goal. That is what Inter have been doing in the past two years especially with Fiorentina as they always finish them off in their period of dominance.

We are making the same mistakes as last year and the team are still talking about contending for the title.

The team evaluation :

Gigi- Didn't have much to do and couldn't do anything with the goal.

Grygera- He was alright defensively as didn't give osvaldo much room and did well against jovetic. Offensively he did well too with the assist but other than there wasn't much crosses or anything.

Molinaro- Santana gave him a really hard time and offensively hes still the same. Rightfully subbed as he just looked out of sorts.

Melberg and Legro- Both did well on some occasions and but centre backs should be more consistent than that. The really disappointing aspect was that many mistakes were really simple skills. That header that Legro missed for the goal was the prime example as that happened at least three times between the two of them. Gila made a fool out of melberg in that goal, so welcome to Serie A Olof.

Camo- Great game and you can just see him as he was pumped. Always positive and linked up with the whole midfield and i hope hes not injured or anything.

Neddy- very good game from the birthday boy, was positive all round and just a trademark performance. His injury levels were a bit lower later on in the game which is understandable as he put on a lot of effort.

Poulsen- I liked how he played, very good tactical game. Put it some decent passes and linked well with the rest of the team. I think he will improve once the understanding with the other player gets better.

Marchisio- Looked good in patches but his passing let him down a couple of times. Overall he was very energetic and his positioning was very good as well. I liked how he was simply unfazed by the occasion and showed a high level of maturity.

Amauri& DP- Both did well and tried hard offensively but we needed more from them last night and especially goals. Both had good chances to score but they missed. Amauri looks promising and alex is getting there to his form from last season.

Ranieri- Formation and tactics were alright but i dont get the sub when the opposition have a set piece. The team should've been defending deeper at that point of the game. Fiorentina were pushing up a lot in that second half and we needed someone with speed much earlier to start those counter attacks. The reaction from him is understandable as it really feels like we lost last night.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Terrible 2nd half.....

Conceding such a goal is a shame TBH. We could have won the game, but anyway we should learn from this game.

The bad.....

Molinaro, terrible and horrible

Mellberg, you're playing in Serie A, cover better next time ffs

Del Piero, should have been sub, not his day

Camoranesi, selfish and not his day too

Nedved was Juve's best player, not for the goal but for his effort tonight.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lampard, check your PM

Alen, I'll reverse it, but he should put comma next time, insulting any player/coach/Juve's staff isn't allowed, not only Ale.

Snoop, stop crying

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Shitty way to drop points. Than again, u cant afford to miss chances in big games. The game could have been over at HT. The players took their foot off the pedal towards the end and that was the main mistake.

Of the debut players, Poulsen was the best. His positioning in midfield was solid, and his tackling/passing was steady for 90 minutes. Along with Camo (MOTM), and Legro, he was 1 of our better players.

Marchisio was forcing his passes in the 1st half, trying to play the killer ball to often. He got better as the game went on, but overall he was pretty average. Still, it's something u can build off and I wasn't expecting his serie a debut with Juventus to be flawless, especially against a tough opponent.

Mellberg was poor.He lost his concentration a few times throughout the match and finally it was costly with the Gila goal. Although he looked decent at times, his decision making was overall pretty poor. He is capable of better.

Amauri had a decent debut. He made the most of very akward positions, drawing defenders and beating them with the odd piece of skill, but his touch inside the box was off. He worked hard (he is quite strong), and for some1 who fights hard for balls in the air, we hardly sent in any crosses to him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Btw, are we back again for the 1000000 times dilemma with the Del Piero story? He didn't play good today he should have been subs, but why to make him the responsible of our draw tonight?

I think we've had enough of this since last year now.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
This reminds me about Ranieri when he was coaching Chelsea against Monaco in the semis when they were a man up and manage to ended up losing. Mayb its Ranieri's speciality.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Mmm just watched the full game... defense are fookin terrible. But really two or three very good chances for DP and Amauri. I can't wait for Chiellini to come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)