[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (15 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm just hoping Giovinco gets enough playing time. It's scandalous if he doesn't get some Serie A starts.

I really cannot stand this pussy-footing with youngsters.

As much as I love Pavel, he's too old to play the full 90.
IMO, at halftime I was thinking that Pavel, with a silly yellow card and his age, would have been a prime sub candidate for Giovinco later in the match.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
IMO, at halftime I was thinking that Pavel, with a silly yellow card and his age, would have been a prime sub candidate for Giovinco later in the match.
That was one of my first posts during halftime.

But I should have known better. This is Ranieri here.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Buffon - One proper shot on him, and he failed.
Gregerra - Average apart from the assist.
Molinaro - Dear god....
Melberg - Good game, but failed when it mattered most.
Legro - Better than rest of the defenders tonight.

Camo - Excellent, got tired a bit towards the end. MOM for me.
Marchisio - Unnoticeble.
Poulsen - Average.
Nedved - Not bad, his running days over though

Del Piero - Terrible, should have been subbed for Iaquinta early 2nd half.
Amauri - Great movement. I'm sure he would have scored if he had better support from the crosses (Molinaro, De ceglie, Gregerra).

Ranieri - fuckin moron for bringing a 3rd striker in the dying minutes when ur team is up 1-0! who the fuck does that?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranieri - fuckin moron for bringing a 3rd striker in the dying minutes when ur team is up 1-0! who the fuck does that?
A brilliant manager at the right time i.e. when you see a weakness in the opposition and someone who can hold the ball but thats not Ranieri nor Iaquinta.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Apart from De Ceglie's cross late in the match, did our full backs make any crosses tonight ?
I can't remember any. I'm sure Molinaro didn't, but i'm not sure about Grygera.

Overall there weren't many crosses and perhaps it was a mistake because Amauri is great in the air. I'm guessing Ranieri knew that Viola defenders are also very strong in the air so he adviced our guys to keep it on the ground. :confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Apart from De Ceglie's cross late in the match, did our full backs make any crosses tonight ?

Overall there weren't many crosses and perhaps it was a mistake because Amauri is great in the air. I'm guessing Ranieri knew that Viola defenders are also very strong in the air so he adviced our guys to keep it on the ground. :confused:
That would be foolish if he did. Amauri almost scored on the header.

Jul 29, 2008
Ok so you can say that no one in our starting line up can be better than today - So Buffon, Mellberg, Grygera, Camo and Amauri cant play any better than they did today? You obviously know nothing of the game of football
Lol yes master, you are greatest football reviewer i ever see.. you like blind boys which are always shout "Forza Juve" even if we are awfull.. Open your eyes man! With such progress and such players we will "return" in 5-7 years.. Anyway all depends on Ranieri now..

PS: I dont pretend to be super-mega-cool footbal expert... I write what i feel.. I Juve fan for 12 years so i saw better teams... So if it bad i write "bad".. Ofcourse i can shout every time "we are best, forza Juve" but it useless

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I thought Marchisio was very good throughout the match.
he was AWOL for most of the game, but that was because he wasn't given the opportunity to make some passes...the ball would be either given to Poulsen or be hooved up the field by Melleberg or Legro

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

never mind the crosses. I dont remember any good shots on goal. Just glimpses of weak chances. Not any wonder saves from Frey. :tdown:

And then some people keep saying how Trez is not doing enough.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Btw, Andy, we didn't look so foolish for letting Almiron go to Viola, he ? I know it's early and he may impress later on, but i really doubt it.
He was their worst player today and Fiorentina were a different team after he was subbed.

Time proves over and over again how awful transfers were made by Secco when he bought Almiron and Tiago.
And letting Balzaretti go for molinaro....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)