[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (27 Viewers)

Jul 29, 2008
So, another game vs Fiorentina with another major result lost. What makes the end result more depressing is the fact that we could have gone 2 points or more ahead of all of our rivals, but we didn't.

First half was good from us. They had hardly a sniff and we locked them down nicely. Even Molinaro was doing alright, which is an incredible improvement for him. Nice play by Grygera to set up Nedved for an easy shot on goal. 1-0 up and its great going. Amauri then gets an easy chance and puts it wide and after that Del Piero wastes a 1 on 1 with Frey. We should have got at least one goal from them.

Second half and we don't start brightly, Fiorentina look more lively. Key substitution from a better manager in Prandelli, and it changes the match. Almiron comes off and on comes Jovetic. He puts them in control, and Grygera is nowhere to be seen. They battle hard and eventually get the goal which they needed. Frankly, 1-0 is simply not enough. I said it at half time, and we should have pushed for another. 2-0 and we have a boundary in case we concede. Im in an awfully bitter mood about the lack of substitutions. We made two, and one with 3 minutes left.

On a positive note, Poulsen looked very good, he will be a great player for us this season.

Buffon - 6.5
Molinaro - 5
Legro - 6.5
Mellberg - 6
Grygera - 5.5
Nedved - 6.5
Marchisio - 5.5
Poulsen - 7
Camo - 6
Del Piero - 5.5
Amauri - 6

It might be a bit harsh, but as I said, 1-1 has put me in a foul mood.
That ratings is bullshit - what Amauri did better than DP today?
If DP has 5,5 than Mellberg should get 4 or 3,5
Poulsen - 7?? Highest rating... Hmm maybe my TV was broken but i didnt see him as our BEST player

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
He also said that he didn't see Poulsen on the pitch where the Dane was literally everywhere. I am sure he was watching Marid - Deportivo
:howler: some ppl....my heart skipped a beat when Felipe Melo ploughed through him...could have ended really, really badly...Thank God he was ok :scared:

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #427
    What really annoys me is the fact that we waited all summer to watch one match that we waited forever to see and now we have to wait two damn weeks because of the fucking international matches.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Iaquinta coming in on the 88th minute is a shame to be honest.
    Indeed. We are being very harsh with Iaquinta. Can't understand what he should to deserve more than this. We are just wasting him on bench, and I am very grateful for him for his patience.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    So, i guess more ppl can finally understand why i insisted that adding another 25 million forward to score one more goal, than our defenders would concede, is unwise...

Thats exactly what i was talking about.

We should have scored more and conceded less, we should have spent those money to buy 2 decent defenders,to permanently solve our problems.
    Not an old quick fix like Mellberg...

We should have tried to change our formation and bring in a quality CM or AMF to set up our high quality forwards, instead of expecting them, to do his job...

Here we are now, repeating the same mistakes all over again.

See how our noob managers, cannot comprehend whats going on?

On the positive side we dominated the upgraded Fiorentina, we had no Chiellini, but they had no Mutu, we are still up for the task to reach the 4th position that leads to CL and there is no need become desperate, unfortunately we lost the opportunity this year to make the wise choices and make the next step,
    but this is amth we already knew...
    The refs we perform lasts years treatment and they will get sure to keep us away from the top, just like they did last year.
    The closer we are upfront, the worst conditions we will encounter,
    thats another thing that shouldnt surprise, we should be better than that, there are no excuses, not anymore...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    What really annoys me is the fact that we waited all summer to watch one match that we waited forever to see and now we have to wait two damn weeks because of the fucking international matches.
    lol, you sure are right there jack.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
    Mellberg just pissed me off. At least, he had made two bad mistakes that could lead to goals in the first half. And what goes around comes around, he was owned by Gila. He was kinda nervous or something?

And what a pity, we should have secured 3 points. Moreover, what the hell Ranieri was thinking when he substituted Camo by Iaquinta when there was only few minutes left. That just contributed a bit to our squad's concentrations which is pointless and costs us 2 points.

Damn!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    First match, first blame is placed on Ranieri for the loss of two points. The match was in our grasps and we could have won provided that the right substitutions were made, but like usual, they were not made. While I cannot stand Molinaro on our left flank, subbing this player at 70 minutes is not a logical thing to do. He's a player that can run, one who doesn't get tired, so subbing him instead of Nedved or Del Piero is just simply foolish. Iaquinta for Camoranesi is a very strange and bold thing to do while leading 1-0 at 80 minutes, and it turned out to be a mistake as we needed another player in midfield and someone who could hold the ball to take time off the clock. That was the move. But Ranieri, in his typical foolishness from last season, didn't see the obvious problem out there. Which is why people such as myself doubt him as a manager. And rightfully so.

I saw promising football in the first half, but as I said during halftime, we would not be able to keep our offensive movement going for the whole second half. That's why we needed subs about 60 minutes in. Viola had more and more of the ball, and our fullbacks were not doing the best of jobs closing down flank players, especially when Jovetic came in. What should have been done was either Nedved or Alex subbed 60 minutes in and brought on Salihamidzic and Giovinco, a weighted couple of switches that would cause Viola problems and Hasan would have added the grit to secure hopefully secure the win.

When people have concerns about the defense, they should not be taken lightly or joked around with. The concerns from people such as myself are our opinions; they are facets of our club which we could have protected against. Signing a classy partner for Chiellini and upgrade to Molinaro were important matters over the summer, yet we did not address them and we are already feeling the effects of it even in the first match. Mellberg was completely and utterly owned by Gilardino. I'm willing to give him more chances though, but he needs to change my overall opinion on him. Same with other individuals.

The result was not poor per se, but we really should have won the match. The best football clubs secure and win those matches, not dropping points, especially in a situation such as this. We need to do a better job winning matches we should win, closing out results and not dropping points if we want to challenge for top honors. We are capable of better than this today, so we need to improve quickly.

Buffon - Made some good saves multiple times, like usual. 7

Grygera - Slotted the cross home for Nedved's goal but at the back he's too much of a liability. Zebina makes less errors than him without a doubt. 5

Mellberg - Made a few big errors, especially against Gilardino, so he needs to shape up quickly. While he did make a few good tackles/headers, more performances such as this will make it apparent why nobody from the top Prem teams wanted him. 5

Legrottaglie - Did not made that many mistakes at the back and was good in the first half. 6

Molinaro - Comedy as usual but didn't commit any fatal mistakes like he did in some friendlies. 5.5

Camoranesi - Very active, full of running, switching positions, which is what I like to see from this player. But he didn't have the best of matches. 6

Marchisio - Solid in the midfield and impressive. I think he needs to get more involved with the attack, however, and improve his passing. 6

Poulsen - Very solid in midfield and even played some good balls to various players. 7

Nedved - Good goal and good running like usual, but he needed a sub. 6.5

Amauri - Beast of a player, but sometimes I think he tries too hard to score. I hope he can put the ball in the net soon so he isn't labeled as a flop by the retarded Italian media. 6.5

Del Piero - Wasn't himself today. Should have scored the breakaway. Looked unfit after halftime. I hope he hasn't lost his spark from last season because it was crucial to our game. 5.5

De Ceglie - Didn't really impress when he came on but that would have been hard to do at that point in the game. Start him over Molinaro next match without a doubt, please. 5.5

Iaquinta - Didn't do much. 5

Ranieri - The Substitution dilemma is once again our problem. It's almost as if he never learns. Wrong substitutions is the reason why we lost 2 points, and that is the fault of Ranieri whether people like it or not. 3.5

Jul 29, 2008
    I would have taken you seriously if you didn't have Del Piero on your avatar.
    Del Piero was the worst player tonight. Just because he's our idol it doesn't mean that we should act like we're blind.
    Guys WTF with you?? Only coz Amauri isnt so famous as DP or Trez we shouldnt give him good marks only coz he WAS on field... What he did today???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)