[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (12 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
So, another game vs Fiorentina with another major result lost. What makes the end result more depressing is the fact that we could have gone 2 points or more ahead of all of our rivals, but we didn't.

First half was good from us. They had hardly a sniff and we locked them down nicely. Even Molinaro was doing alright, which is an incredible improvement for him. Nice play by Grygera to set up Nedved for an easy shot on goal. 1-0 up and its great going. Amauri then gets an easy chance and puts it wide and after that Del Piero wastes a 1 on 1 with Frey. We should have got at least one goal from them.

Second half and we don't start brightly, Fiorentina look more lively. Key substitution from a better manager in Prandelli, and it changes the match. Almiron comes off and on comes Jovetic. He puts them in control, and Grygera is nowhere to be seen. They battle hard and eventually get the goal which they needed. Frankly, 1-0 is simply not enough. I said it at half time, and we should have pushed for another. 2-0 and we have a boundary in case we concede. Im in an awfully bitter mood about the lack of substitutions. We made two, and one with 3 minutes left.

On a positive note, Poulsen looked very good, he will be a great player for us this season.

Buffon - 6.5
Molinaro - 5
Legro - 6.5
Mellberg - 6
Grygera - 5.5
Nedved - 6.5
Marchisio - 5.5
Poulsen - 7
Camo - 6
Del Piero - 5.5
Amauri - 6

It might be a bit harsh, but as I said, 1-1 has put me in a foul mood.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Did we expect that Viola will push so much in 2nd half? Of course we did, and that is what happen. Gio was really shit in game against Artmedia, and i would not use him , not especially with this kind of pressure.
the point that it probably would have been to much pressure for giovinco is right.

funny how everybody that voted in gios Poll "let him be introduced slowly" now would have thrown him into the deep water ...

so you could understand why Gio was not brought in.
ranieris lack of earlier substitutes is something he really gotta work on.

how did de ceglie in the second half ... did he have any good or bad scenes ?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I really want to see what excuse ranieri makes up for this performance, its about time he shouldered some of the blame rather than talking about trees or making ridiculous comparisons - i bet its the typical "we suffered" or "We played a good game and Fiorentina are a strong well equipped outfit"

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Del Piero has always been like that though. He always seems to miss the easy chances and score the almost impossible ones. I already knew he wouldn't score that chance, it happens too often to him.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
the point that it probably would have been to much pressure for giovinco is right.

funny how everybody that voted in gios Poll "let him be introduced slowly" now would have thrown him into the deep water ...

so you could understand why Gio was not brought in.
ranieris lack of earlier substitutes is something he really gotta work on.

how did de ceglie in the second half ... did he have any good or bad scenes ?

i havent seen much of DC but im over happy with Amauri, Poulsen Marchisio

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well i never give marks for players just "good", "normal"or "not good":
Buffon - normal - I know that Gilla ball was untakeble but for what we need best goalkepeer in the world? For miracles! And today Buffon didnt show to us miracle
Molinaro - normal - played 90% he can, he cant play better i guess, no mistakes, no fouls - rather normal match for him
Grygera - normal - well he make an assist, but still need to be more concentrate, make some mistakes - not harsh but not brilliant
Mellberg - not good - Gillardino's goal - his mistake - 90%... Defender must not to give such a chances... He need to play head in this episode - than we will get a freekick or he will push ball away..
Legro - normal - no mistkes but has some fouls near square...
Camoranesi - good - was one of the best on field.
Marchisio - normal - not to make mistkes - main for him atm, played rather nervous but didnt make any harsh mistakes
Poulsen - normal - I didnt remember him on field - Sissoko is better imho
Nedved - good - not the greatest oh his matches, "good" - only for goal
Amauri - not good - with Mellberg was worst in our team.. I hope he will find himself later
Del Piero - not good - has great chance in 1st half - player with his experince HAVE to score such balls...

PS: Real loosing atm, but believe me, with such performance we will finished 3d in our CL group...
thats probably the worst review I have ever read...Molinaro was NORMAL? Amauri NOT GOOD?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #417
    thats probably the worst review I have ever read...Molinaro was NORMAL? Amauri NOT GOOD?
    He also said that he didn't see Poulsen on the pitch where the Dane was literally everywhere. I am sure he was watching Marid - Deportivo

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Del Piero has always been like that though. He always seems to miss the easy chances and score the almost impossible ones. I already knew he wouldn't score that chance, it happens to often to him.
    since he hit his 30's he has seemed to have started most seasons pretty slowly, like last season it was when we played palermo when he really got going, atm he isn't my main concern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)