[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (6 Viewers)

mark966

Aug 30, 2008
they have the rights to Napoli & Parma home games
Hi everyone, I just signed up!

Is it really true that Art have only Napoli rights this season? I thought they had small teams rights at least. Up until yesterday liveonsat had 2 sunday games scheduled on Art, but now they're gone...
thanks

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Even Stevan

With the focus at Fiorentina over the summer aimed at the arrival of Alberto Gilardino and Adrian Mutu's contract renewal, one player has been overlooked - but that is exactly what Cesare Prandelli would have wanted. Montenegrin striker Stevan Jovetic, already an established international, has settled well in Florence and I have a feeling the teenager could be the break out star in Serie A this term, a new cult hero at the Artemio Franchi and the Viola's secret weapon.

The youngster doesn't turn 19 until November but has already captained Partizan Belgrade, for whom he netted 18 goals last season, and represented his nation at both full and Under-21 level. With a UEFA Cup hat-trick for Partizan when he was just 17 he has certainly proven that he has the ability to perform at the top level. But life in Serie A demands players excel at an elite level so it will be a delight to see if he is capable of reproducing his net-busting ways in the early encounters.

If he does pick up where he left off in the Serbian Superliga it will be to the benefit of Fiorentina and to the detriment of their Scudetto-chasing opponents. The grudge match between the Gigliati and Juventus on Sunday night would be the perfect occasion for him to formally introduce himself to the Italian public - and given his track record so far in his career you wouldn't bet against him showing that he has more in common with Gabriel Batistuta than just his hair.

But there is a broader danger posed by Jovetic. On the international stage he will be part of Zoran Filipovic's Montenegro squad when the newly-independent state arrive on the peninsula for the World Cup qualifier in October. In last week's friendly against Hungary the mop-topped marauder bagged himself a brace, and could have claimed a hat-trick but for a deflection. The Serie A field and Marcello Lippi have been warned - beware of Jovetic!

By Steve Wilson
Channel 4

mark966

Aug 30, 2008
I checked art website too and there's no sign of serie a matches. Do you think they're are still negotiating or something? Does anyone have more accurate info on art and serie A?

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
No, al jazeera got full rights this season. So all games will be aired on al jazeera +1 and +2. The violas game is tmw on al jazeera +1 at 1800 GMT.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Our remaining squad for this match: Buffon, Mellberg, Salihamidzic, Amauri, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Manninger, Knezevic, Camoranesi, Poulsen, Marchisio, Giovinco, Grygera, Ekdal, Molinaro, De Ceglie, Tiago, Legrottaglie

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
good to see Nedved made it

----------------Gigi
Grygera-Mellberg-Legro-Molinaro
Camo-Marchisio-Poulsen-Nedved
------------Amauri-DP
thats the most likely formation. Big game for Marchisio and a lot of pressure put on him but i think he will do well.

Tough game for the whole team really, Fiorentina looked good during their past games. They will want to play their game at home and we need to break down their flow every time we could as they have the ability to rip us into pieces with it.

A win is not necessary but at least a draw is imo.

Can't wait For the game, Foza juve

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if someone said it already, but Fiorentina will be missing Mutu, Montolivo, Semioli, Comotto and Jorgensen.

Expected line-up (4-3-3)

Frey
Zauri-Gamberini-Dainelli-Vargas
Donadel-Felipe Melo-Kuzmanovic
Santana-Gilardino-Osvaldo​

As you can see, due to the missings in midfield, Prandelli is forced to use more defensively oriented midfielders. The only creative midfielder they have will start from the bench. The good old Almiron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)