[SERIE A] F.C. Genoa 3-2 JUVENTUS (April 11th 2009) (5 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I am pretty sure most top coaches would have Giovinco and Trezguet in their starting 11 every game. I can't imagine Capello, Lippi or Mouinho not playing them .. or leaving them on the bench the whole game instead choosing Grygera and Marchionni..

Giovinco is our best attacking player yet he does not even come on when we are behind and playing poorly. He may not be as good as messi but he is the closest thing we have to a player like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
ranieris post match comments?
Ranieri: Genoa were better

Claudio Ranieri admits this is a crucial defeat and Genoa deserved their result. “We should have done more and better.” :lol:

Juventus had the chance to close up to within seven points of leaders Inter ahead of next week's head-to-head, but the late 3-2 loss at Marassi extended that gap to 10.

“It is football and you really do need to cover these situations, not play the offside,” moaned Ranieri.

“The lads were perhaps tired and it was a very tight offside position. We also conceded like idiots just before half-time.

“Genoa certainly played better than we did and there's no doubting that, but we were playing our own game with hunger and capability.

“It weighs very heavily on our shoulders, as we wanted to close in on Inter. Now we are playing on home turf and need to be even more determined and fired up than we were today. It's going to be a game that everyone will feel very keenly.

“We tried to put in a good performance today, but there is an opponent on the field and one that deserves credit.”

Now not only does the Scudetto seem to have sailed away, but Milan are only two points behind Juve in the battle for second place.

“Above all we want the points for ourselves, which is what we have always said, and then at the end of the season we'll see where we are,” continued the Coach.

“It's true that tonight we weren't at the same tempo as Genoa, but if we have one characteristic it's usually playing at 100mph and with great intensity, so we cannot be criticised over the campaign for that.

“I don't like to cling to incidents like penalties or offsides. We should have done more and better.”

Jose Mourinho said he needs four players to bring his team up to Champions League standard, so what changes will Juve require?

“If Mourinho needs four players and Inter have won the Scudetto three years in a row, then we need a lot more as we had to rebuild from scratch.

“I am talking to the directors about which areas of the team require adjustments and so I don't want to discuss it in public, especially as this constant transfer talk inevitably troubles the players.”

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
At times he gives me the impression that he would be able to lead the team. But he just blows it big time. I don't know what happens to him. Maybe he should practive this in Football Manager and see if it works for him!!!

But what about his assistance? can't he throw a couple of useful suggestions for him to use? Or call any Juve Fan for some tips!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Genoa hasn't won anything since 1937. Playing in CL will be their greatest success in the last 72 years, not to mention the money they'll get from it.
They were all playing the match of their lives so that's one reason why we were outplayed badly. They were more motivated and more hungry for a win than they ever were in their career.
But the nonchalance we've shown is inexcuseable. We played as if we were sure that we can't win the scudetto and we were sure that we can't be 4th. If our players keep thinking this way we will lose even the 4th place.
The disappointment Buffon, Del Piero, Camo and the other big names are feeling is normal, but that's really hurting us. I just hope that they're doing it with a good reason, with hope that the board will start working to fix the problems.

Now what we need is a meeting between our stars with the board where Del Piero and co. will be given assurances that we'll be much stronger next year. We need to motivate our main players again. The board must listen to what they'll say and seriously take it into consideration. We simply can not allow such performances from our players in the next weeks because it might get ugly. With some of the timbers we have in the team, we can't let our good players to underperform.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
For all of you who were praising poulsen over tiago, we all saw what poulsen delivered tonight. Im eagerly waiting for the replies that go "At least he doesn't do ballet moves on the field or even at least he gave his heart out".

I'm not too sad about our defeat, I don't believe in the scudetto this year anymore, 2nd or even 3rd will do it for me sadly.

Also let's all visit the tiago thread and blame him for our defeat tonight even if he didn't play, he wasn't giving his best on the sidelines, not jumping and cheering enough, he was practicing his ballet moves instead :).

mondo1

May 14, 2006

Claudio Ranieri admits this is a crucial defeat and Genoa deserved their result. “We should have done more and better.” :lol:

Juventus had the chance to close up to within seven points of leaders Inter ahead of next week's head-to-head, but the late 3-2 loss at Marassi extended that gap to 10.

“It is football and you really do need to cover these situations, not play the offside,” moaned Ranieri.

“The lads were perhaps tired and it was a very tight offside position. We also conceded like idiots just before half-time.

“Genoa certainly played better than we did and there's no doubting that, but we were playing our own game with hunger and capability.

“It weighs very heavily on our shoulders, as we wanted to close in on Inter. Now we are playing on home turf and need to be even more determined and fired up than we were today. It's going to be a game that everyone will feel very keenly.

“We tried to put in a good performance today, but there is an opponent on the field and one that deserves credit.”

Now not only does the Scudetto seem to have sailed away, but Milan are only two points behind Juve in the battle for second place.

“Above all we want the points for ourselves, which is what we have always said, and then at the end of the season we'll see where we are,” continued the Coach.

“It's true that tonight we weren't at the same tempo as Genoa, but if we have one characteristic it's usually playing at 100mph and with great intensity, so we cannot be criticised over the campaign for that.

“I don't like to cling to incidents like penalties or offsides. We should have done more and better.”

Jose Mourinho said he needs four players to bring his team up to Champions League standard, so what changes will Juve require?

“If Mourinho needs four players and Inter have won the Scudetto three years in a row, then we need a lot more as we had to rebuild from scratch.

“I am talking to the directors about which areas of the team require adjustments and so I don't want to discuss it in public, especially as this constant transfer talk inevitably troubles the players.”

thx

tpain

Apr 8, 2008

WHY DID HE NOT TALK ABOUT HIS DEPARTURE!!!!!!????

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Genoa hasn't won anything since 1937. Playing in CL will be their greatest success in the last 72 years, not to mention the money they'll get from it.
They were all playing the match of their lives so that's one reason why we were outplayed badly. They were more motivated and more hungry for a win than they ever were in their career.
But the nonchallance we've shown is inexcuseable. We played as if we were sure that we can't win the scudetto and we were sure that we can't be 4th. If our players keep thinking this way we will lose even the 4th place.
The disappointment Buffon, Del Piero, Camo and the other big names are feeling is normal, but that's really hurting us. I just hope that they're doing it with a good reason, with hope that the board will start working to fix the problems.

Now we need is a meeting between our stars with the board where Del Piero and co. will be given assurances that we'll be much stronger next year. We need to motivate our main players again. The board must listen to what they'll say and seriously take it into consideration. We simply can not allow such performances from our players in the next weeks because it might get ugly. With some of the timbers we have in the team, we can't let our good players to underperform.
So what you're saying is that today they played like 11 ballerinas?

Mar 30, 2006

At least he realizes our tems is junk.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
But the nonchalance we've shown is inexcuseable. We played as if we were sure that we can't win the scudetto and we were sure that we can't be 4th. If our players keep thinking this way we will lose even the 4th place.

Now what we need is a meeting between our stars with the board where Del Piero and co. will be given assurances that we'll be much stronger next year. We need to motivate our main players again. The board must listen to what they'll say and seriously take it into consideration. We simply can not allow such performances from our players in the next weeks because it might get ugly. With some of the timbers we have in the team, we can't let our good players to underperform.
:tup: :agree:

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1952262 said:
Ranieri>You.

Try to criticize constructively or shut up,please.
just let me vent my anger will you, i am sorry if it irritates you. but you don't have to insult me... thanks n sorry

Apr 29, 2006
gigi does not have any, i assure you. he is mature enough to think and he keeps his feet on the ground like the fucking insole.
I am pissed from him hugging and touching other players - WTF GIGI.
Maybe he has the worst DEFENCE of all, but he is PART OF IT NONETHELESS.
Good LUCK in MANCHESTER SHITTY or whatever his fortune takes him.

Please. Nobody should even respect Ranieri. Weak ass motherfucker he is.
I DISAGREE.
Maybe he should have said that Del Piero is becoming a selfish prick, that does not understand he is OLD and should be happy with 30 mins in a game.
He was trying to go through the whole defence by himself and the moves were slow-motion like Keanu Reeves in the MATRIX - it just can't happen.
But Ranieri is always respectful towards his players and that is how he gets paid back?
I WOULD have taken DEL PIERO OFF at HALF TIME IF NOT SOONER.
I know RANIERI IS NOT THE BEST - but until LIPPI gets here or someone of his qualities we have no CHOICE. Especially NOW at the end of the season.
Lippi has the respect of DEL PIERO cause he is sending his ass in SIBERIA, when DP even gets the thought of NATIONAL TEAM.
And may I REMIND you that in the NATIONAL team italy don't have the greatest squad right now as well.
SO RESPECT FOR RESPECT IS HARDLY THE DEAL HERE.

FORZA JUVE.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
For all of you who were praising poulsen over tiago, we all saw what poulsen delivered tonight. Im eagerly waiting for the replies that go "At least he doesn't do ballet moves on the field or even at least he gave his heart out".

I'm not too sad about our defeat, I don't believe in the scudetto this year anymore, 2nd or even 3rd will do it for me sadly.

Also let's all visit the tiago thread and blame him for our defeat tonight even if he didn't play, he wasn't giving his best on the sidelines, not jumping and cheering enough, he was practicing his ballet moves instead :).
tbh poulsen isnt any better than tiago... but tiago is a fucking loser period!

Max

Jul 15, 2003
They did, the only thing we were missing was the prima ballerina.
I don't expect too many changes over the summer. They've been working hard in training, preparing for next year's Christmas recital of the Nutcracker. It would be a shame to see it all go to waste.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)