[Serie A] Empoli 1-2 JUVENTUS [October 27th, 2018] (13 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Our attack seems completely out of sync. They don't seem to know where each other will run (prime examples players running into one another in the box and numerous passes to nowhere when in good positions). The 4-4-2 with Ronaldo and Dybala didn't really work because both of them went wide and we had nobody to pass to in the middle and no midfielders making runs in the middle instead.

Really surprised we managed to get a win here. Gonna be fun to hear about the penalty for the next few weeks.
Nah, was a clear pen.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I didn't like the lineup. One of the CMs needed to be rested.

Won't blame Allegri for not playing Berna in a 3-man mid because he needs to improve tactically and make better decisions, but we should've played a 3421 or 4231.

And the club needs to tone down on "yes, we're the scudetto favorites." It's affecting the players' performance.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
3 relevant facts: win; absurd penalty (imo, that's not soft or even debatable. It's shameful, really. Dybala was annoying the whole game and was only rewarded with his dive); and the immense quality of Ronaldo.

Get some rest, move on.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Awful game. Dybala was frustrating (so was he last game, even though he scored which made up for it), Berna did nothing much and our right side was dead. Bentancur made a lot of silly individual mistakes on the ball. De Sciglio is a soft shy boy, not made for playing with men. He should not play again if we can avoid it. Although Pjanic and Bentancur didnt stand out with obvious mistakes, they too should take some blame for the poor control of the game.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Another good game from Bonucci. Great goal from Ronaldo. Our players can’t cross.
Most of the time they are aiming for one player in the box vs 4 defenders.

Alex Sandro and Matuidi put in a few decent crosses in the first half but nobody was getting themselves in a position to get on the end of them. The one time they did, Berna and Ronaldo ran into one another.

Oct 23, 2011
It's just one of those games. It is very difficult mentally to get out on this windy day to play Empoli away after playing against Manchester at Old Trafford where the players really enjoyed themselves. Performance shouldn't be evaluated and the 3 points is the only thing that counts.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Main thoughts.

1. Dybala has been as slow as a snail lately. Slow thinking, slow movement (or no movement at all often times), slow and weak passes to partners. He seems to have forgotten how to run.

2. Pjanic gained in confidence but somehow lost in quality.

3. Ronaldo is a genuine leader on the pitch. Already deserved a captain's armband.

4. De Sciglio has been still radiating that weak mentality of his former team. I'm afraid, it's in his DNA now.

5. This team has too quickly become too dependent on the creativity of Cancelo.

6. The depth of the squad in the middle is disturbing. Hope Pogback in January is something much more than empty rumors.

7. MOTM - CR7. Vice MOTM - Bonucci.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The title of this match is bad decision making. It's strange that it was like a pandemic spreading from one player to another.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So I guess my call to the refs this morning worked. Whose going to take the next game? I just deposited another $30 in the gofundme page to put towards buying the refs. Which one of you guys is sheduled to organize the next Juve mafiosi meeting? Just remember that our lair is being cleaned on Thursday between 6:30 and 8 so we have to work around that. Perhaps we can have some cannoli this time? The sfogliatelle last time were excellent. I have some ideas for our secret handshake that I'd like to go over.

Good thing Inter, Napoli, Milan, and Roma fans can't read this forum. They'll never learn that they're secretly the strongest clubs in history and we're just keeping them down through our nefarious plans.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Be and Be were bad. Matuidi, though fine, should be rested in these games. Keep him fresh.

Cuadrado played as cm when Costa came on

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
Lack of midfield depth is definitely taking its toll. Allegri has to start playing with 2 midfielders until Khedira and Can return. Pjanic, Bentancur, and Matuidi look exhausted by end of games.

The drop off from Cancelo to De Sciglio is quite the chasm. Empoli was completely laying off De Sciglio and his crosses were still ending up in the stands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)