[Serie A] Empoli 0-2 Juventus [3rd September, 2023 20:45 CEST] (2 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Good win, important points to grab, still plenty of room for improvement in terms of closing out games earlier and making the most of our chances but what really matters afterall was getting the victory, which we did almost unbothered so overall plenty of positives to take away from this game too nonetheless, despite personally still being against relying solely on this formation and it’s square pegs in round holes tactic….

Now hopefully we will be back with the squad still fully intact also after the international break to try and continue on the same track.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Should have closed that game out much earlier. Way too many missed chances but comfortable enough game in the end. 3 points in the bag before the break and our best start to a season since 2019/20.
Yeah definitely some things to work on but I'll take the points. Some good moments.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Actually Im with you. Until the commentator said its not an offside since he was in his own half, I was sure the goal will get disallowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain how this wasnt offside? Genuine question

I have a different question actually. Should Chiesa stay down, he should get the foul and earn the GK a red card.
How is it different when he scored? I mean shouldnt VAR also take a look at the foul and tell the ref?
Its like when they let a play continue without pulling a yellow card and then the ref pulls a bit later when possible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Actually Im with you. Until the commentator said its not an offside since he was in his own half, I was sure the goal will get disallowed.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a different question actually. Should Chiesa stay down, he should get the foul and earn the GK a red card.
How is it different when he scored? I mean shouldnt VAR also take a look at the foul and tell the ref?
Its like when they let a play continue without pulling a yellow card and then the ref pulls a bit later when possible.
I don't know the specific rule in Serie A/UEFA but a lot of the time these "double jeopardy" calls are not allowed. Same with the issue of getting a penalty and a red card for the same offence, for example. The advantage is deemed fulfilled. They don't always work to the attacking team's advantage, though.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I don't know the specific rule in Serie A/UEFA but a lot of the time these "double jeopardy" calls are not allowed. Same with the issue of getting a penalty and a red card for the same offence, for example. The advantage is deemed fulfilled. They don't always work to the attacking team's advantage, though.
That fairly recent change for PK+red is a welcome addition. Really strange how it was kept around for so long even though no one agreed with it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I have an inzaghi like knowledge of the offside rules. I know they exist but I‘m not bothered enough to understand them.
how do you not know the offside rule? You've been here since 2014...

though i guess a fair amount of posters here didn't know the offside rule is actually two players must be closer to goal than the opposing attacker just the GK counts as one of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)