[Serie A] Crotone 1-1 Juventus [October 17th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james95

Sep 2, 2018
This season is always going to be a fluke season, with covid and quarantines etc.

To be honest, we gotta be extremely lucky to win even serie A this season, given that we have so many foreign national team players (hence more traveling during intl break and more positive cases)

The club’s goal this season should be to protect financial status, to prepare for serious investment when covid is over.
Retaining the Serie A title is the minimum requirement. Anything less is a colossal failure.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I don’t like three man defenses either as the side defenders always have to see more of the ball when facing opponents that sit back. It reminds me of when Chiellini would always be trying to play make in the opposition half under Conte and Allegri because he was the only guy with space and time. Pirlo seems to think most of our midfielders can only operate in a two man midfield instead of a 3, which is fine, but I think that speaks to potential flaws in some of these players if they can’t figure out how to adapt to a fucking central midfield position. Not like they’re being asked to step in goal or be the physio or something.

I don't think Pirlo have all the right players with 3 man backline especially for Wing Back Position last night

Chiesa is not a wing back and once or twice there is a gap behind him and Danilo. And i see Crotone utilize it like their attack that rewarded with penalty and another one big chance for them in 2nd half.

And I don't think Frabotta has a good game last night. He is too quiet. Most of our attack came for Chiesa, Kulu and even Danilo going forward on the right last night.
We dont stretch their defense, Frabotta and Portanova on the left dont create any chances. That why its easily read by Crotone.
At that time I actually expect we go for 4-3-3 with Chiesa as LW and Kulu as RW. Frabotta as LB and Danilo as RB.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Thought I'd never see the day where danilo comes across as a more competent defender than frickin bumucci

- - - Updated - - -

Swap bumucci with danilo. No joke, stick de ligt centre ofc
De Ligt and Demiral need to be the starting center backs asap. They ooze energy instead of those lethargic Bonucci showings. Yeah he gives a few nice passes here and there but he's exposed as a defender without Barza and prime Chiellini. We need to move on, now.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Pirlo served us chaotic notingburger once again. He may become a great coach but there is nothing that points to this right now and justifies Agnelli's decision to appoint him.
In his defense, I would say that many players were on international duty, but even this should not be an excuse against the worst side in Seria A.
Also, this midfield just sucks in all of its forms and the defense is highly suspicious, even some fraudsters there.
We have great attackers on paper, but they can't save us every time.
We need to see some organization really fast or this season is going down the drain.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I’ll be amazed if Pirlo stays the course of the season. The shortfalls of an inexperienced squad with a high number of players not match fit and no preseason won’t mask the lack of tactical knowledge all year and the learning curve is just too steep in my opinion.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I’ll be amazed if Pirlo stays the course of the season. The shortfalls of an inexperienced squad with a high number of players not match fit and no preseason won’t mask the lack of tactical knowledge all year and the learning curve is just too steep in my opinion.
Are you really going to have 4th coach in the 3 year span? That would be Barcelona -esque with zero direction.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
demiral lost his man countless time yesterday, he is not all that atm
Didn't say that but when the alternatives are half-a-season-injured Chiellini and buttwink-Bonucci it's not even a difficult choice. Both of them are declining and if you actually want Demiral to improve it might be an idea to not judge him on his first Juve start after about 9 months out and give him some continuity. We're having games every 3-4 days anyway.

Jun 16, 2020
Watched Chiesa’s red card again. Really a joke. If the Crotone player didnt scream so hard the referee probably didn’t even think about a red card. Turning point of the game.

We can blame Pirlo for using Portanova and maybe Chiesa to fast, but things weren’t going our way yesterday. Disallowed goal by a cm, stupid red card, penalty against and besides that some tactical difficulties; Benta and Arthur together for the first time, Chiesa to busy to prove himself, etc etc. Missing Ronaldo and Dybala doesn’t make things easier aswel.

We should’ve won, but no reason to panic.

Portanova played very bad imo, but I’m still happy that we have a manager who’s willing to give young players a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)