[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (6 Viewers)

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
he;s only 21 he needs a year or two to better himself. When Zambrotta was 23 he was not as strong as heis now, it took him two years to develop his skill. i think Chielini has a chance---don't know about being as good as Zambrotta, but he'll be pretty solid.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Thanks for those who gave us their Review of the game...(Holy and Zhixin and the the rest).
I didn't give any review Rab :D

But I do have a view about our Reggina game in which something might be a concern.

We only beat Reggina 1 - 0 and Reggina played with 10 men in the box and concentrate on defending only.

Roma beat Reggina 3 - 1. They have a depleted squad with Totti as a striker, however they can create more chances and score more, this is 1 of my worries at the moment. I'm still hoping for the day when Vieira's passing range improves. Sometimes we have to be offensive and kill the game instantly, we should create more chances by putting the right players at the right position, however I don't see this happening.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Natalia said:
he;s only 21 he needs a year or two to better himself. When Zambrotta was 23 he was not as strong as heis now, it took him two years to develop his skill. i think Chielini has a chance---don't know about being as good as Zambrotta, but he'll be pretty solid.
I predict Balzaretti as being the next Pessotto, but Chellini still needs to develop his skills and his defensive work leaves a lot ot be desired :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Natalia said:
I know he's young but I believe it will take a lot of dedication for him to improve his awareness & reading of the game. Zambrotta was a shocker, I mean he never was a left back! Not only did he adapt but he completely took over the left and that's why it's a shame he has been forced to the right. Did you see his runs yesterday when he got to the left? IMHO Chiellini cannot be better than he already is but I hope he proves me wrong. I would just love for Zambrotta to be on the left & Balza to continue on the right.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I am not so worried about us winning 1-0 against Reggina and Roma doing the same but with a score of 3-1.
This season Juve in italy has been the team to beat. Everyone wants to try to make us lose points. They play their best against us. Smaller teams will play 10 men deffence just for a chance to finish with a draw. If you think this is an exageration, take a look at Lazio V Juve this season. In the last 20 min, Lazio bench were all standing anticipating the refs wistle.. 20 mins??? WTF?? And we were playing at the Olimpico. When the game ended 0-0 they were celebrating like there is no tomorrow. If thats Lazio how will smaller teams behave.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
I am not so worried about us winning 1-0 against Reggina and Roma doing the same but with a score of 3-1.
This season Juve in italy has been the team to beat. Everyone wants to try to make us lose points. They play their best against us. Smaller teams will play 10 men deffence just for a chance to finish with a draw. If you think this is an exageration, take a look at Lazio V Juve this season. In the last 20 min, Lazio bench were all standing anticipating the refs wistle.. 20 mins??? WTF?? And we were playing at the Olimpico. When the game ended 0-0 they were celebrating like there is no tomorrow. If thats Lazio how will smaller teams behave.
That's not the point.
I'm saying that sometimes we need to be offensive and torture the other team like there is no tomorrow

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
ZAF3000 said:
You hit the nail on the head. This is something most people don't understand.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Natalia said:
+rep for that... Off course Chielini was great last season with fiorentina.. he is young and he has a bright future. we must keep him and give him a chance...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maresca said:
+rep for that... Off course Chielini was great last season with fiorentina.. he is young and he has a bright future. we must keep him and give him a chance...
Most probably due to the pressure of playing in big clubs

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Chiellini is a good player, he's only young remember, though i think for now having zambrotta and balzaretti is a good option for the fullbacks

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maresca said:
The game in which Man U thrashed Burton 5 - 0 at the 3rd round FA Cup replay match. Look how the Burton players celebrate when they drew Man U at their home ground, and the way Burton fans come and celebrate, even if their team lost

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
ZAF3000 said:
How did he play? The ultimate question isn't it.. Ok I will put down what I saw in the 95 minutes we played last night.
Buffon: No great danger on him. The goal was not his fault. The ball was not far but it was shot from a short distance and was very fast and powerful. Still feels a bit heavy, but thats natural. I bet in few games he will regain his speed.
Balzaretti: Started of on the L side but Chievo were hunting us down there. Was ok but still has to work more on his deffense. He seemed troubled and not being able to stop the crosses. If against Chievo he had some troubles what will he do against Barca and Milan. Never the less looks promissing.
Cannavaro: Good game as usual, had one or two mistakes that were not fatal. He did correct some of Thurams mistakes.
Thuram: Its difficult for me to say this because he is one of my favourites, any way here it goes: It looks like age is getting into him. He is not fast and he lacking concetration. It was a mistake for him to return to the NT. Its time that we get another first 11 CB to stand next to Fabio. He did save two serious balls during the match.
Zambrotta: Is it just me or did Luca lose some of his attacking brilliance? Ever since Capello to charge of Juve he limited Luca's forward sprints. Ofcourse that resulted in better deffense and over all better results (last season with Sir Lippi we had serious deffense issues) but him not sprinting as usual decreased some of our special creativity. Plus on a personal note it decreased Luca's ability to sprint.
Personally I don't mind Zambrotta playing on the right, and to tell you the truth I feel its good for him to learn back his RB charecters because it looks like Italy needs him there in the WC.
Last night he tride going up front few times, especially in the last 30 min of the game but nothing special happened. His crosses were not strong enough.
Over all good game. He was one of the best Juve players last night.
Camoranesi: He had a good game, he was creative and fast. I still don't understand why did Capello take him out. He was one of our best players.
Vieira: I said this before in this thread, whats up with Vieira. He is not shooting like he used to during the Arsenal year. He was known for his lethal shots. He got few chances to shoot during the game which he did not take. Instead he passed terrible passes trying to reach trezeguet. He scored our goal, but over all was not really impressive. He looked very tired though.
Emerson: He looked exhaust like hell. If there is a player that was very tired and was not suitable for the game it was him. He did ok in blocking but was clueless in passing.
Mutu: Maybe the best player last night. Good game. He was better on the L side, but even when he went on the right he was effective.
Ibrahimovic: Started off well, the ref ignored a clear foul inside the box against him. Started to fade away after 35 min mark passed. In the 2nd half he was not good. Should've been subbed.
Trezeguet: The ultimate hitman. No passes to reach him thanx to fantastic deffense from Chievo. Blame is also put on the whole squad because they were not openning the field for each other. There were always 2 to 3 deffensder with Trezeguet. How can this guy score with such man to man play.If the midfield and the flanks were working better those 2-3 would've became 1 or sometimes free from deffenders. Not to blame on this one except that he had to move more to try to clear himself. He felt as if he surenderd to the deffenders.
Del Piero: Capello made a good choice that he enter. The timing was perfect. What was wrong was the player to sub. If Camo was having a bad game it would've justified it. He did well, but Chievo were really good. He produced some nice chances for Vieira, Trezeguet and Ibra (from corner). Openned up the field abit, it was clear that he was thinking right. It was also clear that he is starting to have good understanding with Adrian. He was not very dangerous because he played away from the box. He was playing is a left midfielder. All in all good game, but nothing spectacular. One more thing, this guy knows how to workout Zambrotta. They really understand each other.

Overall: The team was ok but tired as hell, Chievo were brilliant. Capello should've advised the players to open up the flanks more. And I really think that Subbing Camo was the reason behind our flanks becoming weaker.

I won't say that stupid quote "nice post" it's a trend here,but I will say I agree with almost all what you said :agree:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Vinman said:
Zlatan was a ball of fire for the first 15 minutes of the game, and was even screwed out of a legitimate PK for being obstructed in the box.....

obstruction is an indirect free kick kick, so even if the ref had awarded a foul to ibra, it still would have been an indirect free kick inside the box not a peno.

juve played a good enough match and were caught by a sucker punch, for the goal everyone is blaming thuram, but i think camo should have tracked back better on the lose man, and also cannavaro slipped in the build up of chievo s attack and was trying to get back in to position on the cross but didnt get back in time.

all in all since the winter break we have taken the same points as inter and one more than milan, and palermo will give inter a good game this weekend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)