[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (7 Viewers)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Primo said:
Can somebody with more finesse please take them? I hate it when you try to power a grass cutter from 35-40 yards out! It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have a curler, not unless you're a roberto carlos.
wen a player steps in head over ball, shoe lace his not looking to score his looking to hurt someone!:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
we played a good match if we compare it to reggina match , we dominated for a long time but we could not score goals , chievo goal came from a mistake from our defence , they left chievo attacker un-marked while juve was dominating the last 20 mnts. After vieira scored we also continued to dominate , with some dangerous counter attacks from chievo , i dont know why we could not convert that in to goals.

one of the big mistakes from capello , why substituting camo , while he was the most creative and the only player IMO who can give trez crosses to score.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Primo said:
Trez is on a dry spell these days. Mutu made some nice runs last night, unfortunately for us none of them converted into goals.

I just hate it when Zlatan takes our freekicks!

Can somebody with more finesse please take them? I hate it when you try to power a grass cutter from 35-40 yards out! It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have a curler, not unless you're a roberto carlos.
Your avatar looks like ROMA emblem

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
by the way this was the first draw with chievo since they were promoted to serie A 4 years ago , we always won in past games.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
How did he play? The ultimate question isn't it.. Ok I will put down what I saw in the 95 minutes we played last night.
Buffon: No great danger on him. The goal was not his fault. The ball was not far but it was shot from a short distance and was very fast and powerful. Still feels a bit heavy, but thats natural. I bet in few games he will regain his speed.
Balzaretti: Started of on the L side but Chievo were hunting us down there. Was ok but still has to work more on his deffense. He seemed troubled and not being able to stop the crosses. If against Chievo he had some troubles what will he do against Barca and Milan. Never the less looks promissing.
Cannavaro: Good game as usual, had one or two mistakes that were not fatal. He did correct some of Thurams mistakes.
Thuram: Its difficult for me to say this because he is one of my favourites, any way here it goes: It looks like age is getting into him. He is not fast and he lacking concetration. It was a mistake for him to return to the NT. Its time that we get another first 11 CB to stand next to Fabio. He did save two serious balls during the match.
Zambrotta: Is it just me or did Luca lose some of his attacking brilliance? Ever since Capello to charge of Juve he limited Luca's forward sprints. Ofcourse that resulted in better deffense and over all better results (last season with Sir Lippi we had serious deffense issues) but him not sprinting as usual decreased some of our special creativity. Plus on a personal note it decreased Luca's ability to sprint.
Personally I don't mind Zambrotta playing on the right, and to tell you the truth I feel its good for him to learn back his RB charecters because it looks like Italy needs him there in the WC.
Last night he tride going up front few times, especially in the last 30 min of the game but nothing special happened. His crosses were not strong enough.
Over all good game. He was one of the best Juve players last night.
Camoranesi: He had a good game, he was creative and fast. I still don't understand why did Capello take him out. He was one of our best players.
Vieira: I said this before in this thread, whats up with Vieira. He is not shooting like he used to during the Arsenal year. He was known for his lethal shots. He got few chances to shoot during the game which he did not take. Instead he passed terrible passes trying to reach trezeguet. He scored our goal, but over all was not really impressive. He looked very tired though.
Emerson: He looked exhaust like hell. If there is a player that was very tired and was not suitable for the game it was him. He did ok in blocking but was clueless in passing.
Mutu: Maybe the best player last night. Good game. He was better on the L side, but even when he went on the right he was effective.
Ibrahimovic: Started off well, the ref ignored a clear foul inside the box against him. Started to fade away after 35 min mark passed. In the 2nd half he was not good. Should've been subbed.
Trezeguet: The ultimate hitman. No passes to reach him thanx to fantastic deffense from Chievo. Blame is also put on the whole squad because they were not openning the field for each other. There were always 2 to 3 deffensder with Trezeguet. How can this guy score with such man to man play.If the midfield and the flanks were working better those 2-3 would've became 1 or sometimes free from deffenders. Not to blame on this one except that he had to move more to try to clear himself. He felt as if he surenderd to the deffenders.
Del Piero: Capello made a good choice that he enter. The timing was perfect. What was wrong was the player to sub. If Camo was having a bad game it would've justified it. He did well, but Chievo were really good. He produced some nice chances for Vieira, Trezeguet and Ibra (from corner). Openned up the field abit, it was clear that he was thinking right. It was also clear that he is starting to have good understanding with Adrian. He was not very dangerous because he played away from the box. He was playing is a left midfielder. All in all good game, but nothing spectacular. One more thing, this guy knows how to workout Zambrotta. They really understand each other.

Overall: The team was ok but tired as hell, Chievo were brilliant. Capello should've advised the players to open up the flanks more. And I really think that Subbing Camo was the reason behind our flanks becoming weaker.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
exactly
i have pity to these ppl
they just watch the match to count zlatan's mistakes
how can they enjoy a game where they are behind all the team except zlatan!!!!!!
THE CHAMPIONS said:
True man I dont know why all this hate to Zlatan I m getting a feeling that people here watch the game to see Zlata faults & compare him with Dp

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Are you sitting down? Well…, I recommend you to do that please.
This will get on some people nerves, but it is my straight (not the opposite to gay) opinion!

Our prayers

The first game in a long while where we took control, played offensively, used our flanks, got a lot of people involved in our attack and made a draw.
You should all be happy.
I should be happy.
He listen to our complains and played as we want. Result? Not as good.
I really enjoyed this game, but not as much as I enjoy a win.
So for the record, please play the game however you want as long as you win.

The game

Juventus had a promising lineup, a promising game plan and a very promising start.
We used the whole field and everyone except Trez was involved in our game.
We had a very good paste of the ball, excellent movement and a big heart.

Chievo played with very high pressure witch you have to give them credit for. That caused us some problems but also good opportunities. We were able to use the bigger space that left us but it was also that high pressure that cost us a conceding goal.

It takes two to tango and Chievo were an excellent partner.
In the second half the tempo dropped, as well did the paste of the ball and the movement. This is what we´ve seen before unfortunately. When we need the chances the most we play so we get them the least. Instead of realizing that we are going solo. Has to change!

Player ratings

Buffon-6,5
Played good and looked secure.
Brings confidence to the defense.

Zambrotta-6,0
A mystery. Very good first half on his right but went awful on the left?!? Did not make a single good cross after the switch. Lost his marking totally on the goal and is closer to a 5,5 then a 6,5.

Thuram-6,0
Did look as secure as ever. Good positioning.

Cannavaro-6,0
Was invisible most of the game witch is a very good thing for a defender.

Balzaretti-7,5 mom
Very good performance.
Has earned himself a position thanks to Chiellinis injury. This guy impresses me. Confident an makes the right decisions all of the time. In some stressed situations he acted as he had played on this level for ages. Amazing both offensively and defensively. This is NT material.

Cammo-6,5

Why was he subbed?
Moves over large surfaces and is crucial in our right flank. Nothing happens there without him. The look on his face when being subbed tells it all.

Vieira-6,0
Solid but not impressive. He together with Puma is probably the best central lock in the world.

Emo-6,5
Once again his performance is flawless. Not exciting but flawless.

Mutu-6,5
Close to a 6,0…
He is like the old Ibra. Holds the ball much to long and wants to do it on his own. On the other side his speed and creativity brings some crucial ingredients to our game. We have much more paste on the pitch with Mutu.

Ibra-6,5

Good game by Zlatan. Had some great movements and worked harder for the team then before. Had a pass to Viera into the box that was beautiful. Mutu should have scored on another great pass and he was close in getting DP an open goal. Went away in the second half though...
It irritates me though that he always blame his shoes, co players, grass, wind, my grandma…

Trez-5,5
Where never quite in the game. Tried to move down the pitch fetching ball but that did not work either. Maybe it´s getting in his head not scoring after his enormous streak he had.

Subs

Del Piero-6,0
Had an ungrateful assignment.
Were placed in an position where he didn’t feel as home.
Still tried very hard.

Coach

Capello-5,0

Give him cred for the lineup but the substitution was horrible.
Playing with 4 forwards made us loose the midfield. Did not try to do anything even though he must have seen that.
And why did he switch places between Zabrotta and Balzaretti???

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
RochemBeck said:
Ibrahimovic cannot keep his head in the game and walk back to an onside position a little bit quicker than he has been...he was caught offsides twice in the first ten minutes of the match and if he had just stayed alert and walked back FIVE more steps he would have been onside and eventually through on goal after the turnovers by Sammarco and Guinti in midfield. We could have had the lead if he wasnt so lazy...but this is typical behavior I suppose.
Good post Andy.

Though Ibras behaviour is on purpose.
He has clear orders to stay offside in order to force the opposit team to be drawn apart.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Well, first of all I would say we must be content with this result, but considering the way the match went on, it was very unlucky for us that we did not win. In this match we played really good in the first half. it was absoultly undeserved goal for chievo in the only chance they got. we payed for not doing better with our chances.
In the second half, we lost our line and everything was much diffeculter.. I don´t know if it was the right decision to take camo off. I would have brought DP for Trezeguet. TBH, at the first moment I was really happy as I saw 4 Strikers on the pitch, even if DP and Mutu played wide. but somehow it does not work, I think the credit goes to Chievo, who defended very good and were very good orgenized.
Capello made the right decision to change the position of Zambrotta and Balzaretti. Balzaretti had some trouble with Semioli on the left side..

My Ratings:
Buffon: 6 not really tested, I think he needs some good saves to get some selfconfidence.
Zambrotta: 6 he made alot of runs, but his flanks were not good, and it was his mistake on the goal, because he saw the chievo player coming and did not cover him.

Bazaretti: 6 very good in the first 20 minutes. but then he had some problems with semioli
Canavaro: 6,5 solid as usual
Thuram: 6 the whole defence did not react good when chievo scored

Emerson: 6: very solid,
Viera: 6,5 one of his better performence and he got´s the credit of scoring the goal

Camoranesi: 6 he was OK, nothing special though..

Mutu: 6.5 good performence from Adrian, I like his power and speed, he played some very nice passes, but his corsses sucked..

Ibrahimovic: 6 he tried a lot, was unlucky sometimes and should have done better in other situations..

Trez: 5 did nothing for the game

DP: 6 some nice passes and moves..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Shoryuken said:
Having fun yet?:D Dont worry, the come ons will stop after we get to know you.;) Atleast by most of us, i cant speak for the Black_Mamba cult but they are a little special so bare with them.
indeed:D

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well for me everyone played exactly how they should've played. We were just unlucky really, we couldn't convert our possession and domination. But that is football for you, you win some, you lose some even if you don't deserve to.

The only surprise for me is that Balzareti is showing great promise. He has a good eye for goal despite being a defender. Although I partially blame him for the goal because he was a little too high, which probably caused the Chievo winger to break away on his side of the pitch and deliver that crucial cross which led to Chievo's first goal.

Balza reminds me of how explosive Camoranesi was when we signed him. At first we thought he was an OK player, but they end up being KEY players actually. He could be our future regular left-back which would mean Zambro would be permanently on the right side, hence, solving our right-back problem which was raised because of Zebina's absence/arrogance for asking a pay rise.

delpierofan82 said:
Your avatar looks like ROMA emblem
You're right, i'll change it. Damn Romans!

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
right! Balzareti was good! He should have morechances to play....he's more excitingto watch than Chielini---but i would say they're both good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)