[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zambrotta and Balzaretti switched flanks so that the former would be able to stop the lively Semioli on the left and to perhaps also get Gianluca more involved with the match, I assume. However, Balzaretti was having a good match before he switched to the right..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Zambrotta and Balzaretti switched flanks so that the former would be able to stop the lively Semioli on the left and to perhaps also get Gianluca more involved with the match, I assume. However, Balzaretti was having a good match before he switched to the right..

Andrew, how was the first half....I wont disturb you, just tell me in a short-cut.

Sep 14, 2003
We started the better team, played some good attacking football and created some good chances to score. Then a break by Chievo led to their goal from nothing, cross on the right found an unmakes Chievo player the lash the ball past gigi.

Our reaction was sluggglish, Chievo grew in confidence and caused on problems on thge right that forced Capello to switch Zambrotta to the left to try to keep Semioli quiet, and Balazretti to the right.

Our goal came from a free kick, the ball was floated into the penalty area where Vieira nodded the ball to the Keeper's bottom right. Since then it's been a fairly even game - we look like we have more goals in us, but Chievi pose a thteat on the break.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Mutu has a good game. Treze is invisible, Zlatan tries to do some tricks. Balzaretti is poor as he could not manage to close the crosses both from left and right flanks. Stupid rederee didn't give us a penalty for foul on Zlatan

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
good first half, i think the only negative that we have is the problem in the backline. somehow they keep watching the crosses without reacting. great half from Mutu (man of the match until now). #21 in chievo should have been sent off for secand yellow it was a handball and the ref just wave play on . we had an obvious penalty incorrectly disallowed. Zlatan is dangerous but keep missing. something wrong with Buffon i don't now what but he doesn't look confident. trez isn't involved. the rest is as usual.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Andrew, how was the first half....I wont disturb you, just tell me in a short-cut.
No problem Rab..

We actually started the match well for a change and put some pressure on Chievo in the first ten minutes. Both sides started at a energetic pace and Chievo had trouble coping with Mutu and sometimes Zlatan down the left side of the pitch. However, due to a lackadaisical Zlatan who was caught offsides needlessly a few times, we squandered a few chances and did not receive that many chances either. The best of which actually came from Balzaretti on the left after he just cut inside the box only to blast slightly over the bar.

Vieira and Emerson look somewhat lethargic and Trezeguet and Zlatan aren't doing enough up top despite the latter having some good moves in between his sluggishness. Zlatan actually was brought down in the box and we should have been awarded a penalty.

Chievo has created just as many good chances as we have if not more, and they are playing well and continue to bring the game to us. The match has slowed a bit from the first 20 minutes and now we are not passing the ball around as we were earlier today. This match could go either way really..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)