[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (18 Viewers)

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Good win especially because we were without trez, camo and del piero. Amauri was mom and never stopped running. Manninger looks a reliable 2nd choice keeper and Nedved again had a good game despite playing another 90 mins and could have scored with his piledriver!

Pavel should be rested with Camo back on Wednesday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The reason Sissoko sucked today was probably that this was his 3rd game in a week. He was just tired as he runs more than anyone on this team.
Yeah, he wasnt focused and motivated, comparing to the previous games, this one was the least important game.
He was expecting it to be walk in the park, since he was able to cope and star against much stronger adversaries.
Hopefully, this was not a mark of inconsistence!

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
alright this is my first ever rating...hope u guys dont kill me or tease me.

Buffon 8.0 - made a good save and was solid even when he has abit of an injury, only negative side is he miskicked a backpass which ended up as a corner for cagliari

Brazzo 6.0 - bad in 1st half, gave alot of chances to the oppopnents, gd in second half to save his ass.

Chiellini 7.0 - good as usual

melberg 7.0 fine for his age.

Molinaro 1.0 - alright it is hard to talk about his mistake because i will need at least 1 million words for it. so lets talk about his positive. he made a good cross for amauri to head towards the goal. thats all

Marchiono 6.5 - His control is very good and is hardworking. He has some flair too...his downside is that he is abit selfish at times today and he lost some balls.

Nedved 6.0 - Not the usual nedved due to playing too much, fuck ranieri

Sissoko 5.0 - He is playing like the usual Tiago today due to his fatigue, fuck ranieri

Marchisio 6.5 - was superb at winning balls and commiting fouls. i like his aggression, but he lost some balls too.

Amauri 8.0 - really dominating the defenders today. he has flair, great strenght, superb aerial ability. and of course, his goal today is really well taken. but somehow he remind me abit of zlatan in his early days in juve, i dam hope this is not true.

Iaquinta 6.5 - worked hard as usual, good lay off for amauri to score. but he himself had some bad misses today. if this is a acrobatic competition, i wuld have given him an 8.5. but its nice to see so much bicycle kicks in one game haha.

Manninger 8.5 - saved us twice and was solid. thank god we bought this back-up......if chimenti was on, we wuld not be celebrating the win now.

Tiago 7.0 - omg, he did not make any crucial mistakes today other than committing the foul in the dying minutes and his passing was neat too. i hope he will get better and better till he is in his vintage form.

De Ceglie 7.5 - wow he sure can dribble and is really good offensively, maybe he ca be the next zambrotta? haha

Ranieri 3.0 - His starting selection is already a big mistake. Sissoko and nedved are all humans and the position requires them to run p and down the field countless times. Yet, this wankerman decided to play them in 3 consecutive games without rest and expect them to play well. shame on you, ranieri, i think u r close to becoming the next ramond domenich. i can only give him 3 points because he did 3 sensible things, bring on Manninger, subbed buffon out, and won the game. well winning the game wasnt because of him haha...

GIOVINCO 10.0 - for staying calm and not killing ranieri on the spot

do feedback thanks!
Ranieri has made a few questionable calls. Especially playing Molinaro over De Ceglie. But paulo will become the number 1 choice at full back soon. It was encouraging to see Tiago play well hopefully he can build on this.

Marchionni played well and Giovinco will get game time. The season has only started.

Nedved will not start midweek but all the people spouting about fatigue at this stage of the season is talking bullshit. Juve have only played 6 competitive matches.

These are fit professional athlethes Nedved because of his age you could argue a case for but he is fit enough and any tirdness would be only evident in the last 20-30 minutes putting forward fatigue as an excuse for Momo poor first half performace is a joke for a number of reasons. He is only 22 or 23 and he is one of the fittest players in Serie A. Complacency and the players under rating the opposition and playing in the comfort zones and not pushing themselves to give 100% basically trying to win by doing as little as possible. This is more a matter of concern for me.

Juve have 2 tough games comming up against catania and sampdoria and if we can take 6 points out of those it will be a fantastic start to the season. And with Zanetti, Camo, Del Piero, Poulsen, Zebina, Legrotagalie,Grygera all back from soon it will make a huge difference and then you can add Trezequet and Buffon to that list Grinding out wins like today are hugley important.

Jun 13, 2007
I might stop visiting the forums before at least 2 days pass the match.

So much whining, imagine we lost lol
Exactly.

There's so much negativity in here it's depressing.

We have had an excellent start to the season thus far winning three games out of four in both competitions. We actually have the luxury of resting key players and having our subs finish the job, something we wouldn't even dream of last season.

We beat the same team last year 3-2 in the final seconds of the game with our full squad.
Today, we managed to keep them at bay and not only managed to win the game, but did so without a number of first team players.

You can't expect us to dominate every single game of the season. We were without Ale, Camo, Zanetti, Poulsen, Trez, and we still managed to win.

What are you all whinning about? Giovinco will get his chance sooner or later, have some patience FFS. De Ceglie has played in every game from the past thre matches and yet people here are still convinced he isn't going to get a chance this season.

The boys have played 3 games in the space of a week and managed to win all three. Why the fuck are you all complaining???????????

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if we're doomed but Giovinco is. Azzurri fans should be hoping he gets his move to Arsenal ASAP.
Molinaro playing instead of De Ceglie is a major mistake. With this i agree. Even if he planned to give De Ceglie full 90 minutes against Catania, Ranieri can go fuck himself for playing Molinaro.

But you're being too harsh on him about Giovinco and in this case i do think you're drama queens.
First of all, your accusations prior to today's match were groundless. You guys threw rocks at Ranieri for not playing Giovinco and not putting him even on the bench against Udinese and Zenit.
Yesterday Giovinco himself said that he had an injury and that only now he's ready to play.

About today, i agree that Giovinco could have started this match. But you all forgot that Amauri, Sissoko, Iaquinta, De Ceglie made their serie A debuts for Juve as subs. Ibrahimovic under Capello, Del Piero under Lippi etc...all of them debuted as subs.
I guess the coaches wanted to take it slow by giving them limited playing time at the start and let them earn more playing time, while in the meantime the "veterans" are the ones who play.
I can't prove it but i'm pretty sure that Ranieri did plan to introduce Giovinco later in the game. Unfortunately some things that weren't planned happened. Buffon's injury, Sissoko's very poor performance and Marchisio's injury. We only had an 1:0 lead, we controlled the game pretty well in the second half and we didn't want to risk another Fiorentina.
After Ranieri subbed Buffon and Sissoko (with a reason) it would have been too much if he subbed Marchisio with Giovinco. That way we'd have had Amauri, Iaquinta, Giovinco, Marchionni, Tiago and tired Nedved in midfield/attack. None of them was able to defend well. Playing with 6 attacking minded players (+ Molinaro), with only 10 minutes till the end, while leading only 1:0....... i also wouldn't have taken such a risk.

Aug 1, 2003
Im just pissed Molinaro started. Not so much for De Ceglie, but because it's Molinaro. I really, really have wished for him to improve tremendously because I know Ranieri will still play him, but it's just not happening. :(

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Seriously, Nedved and Marchisio candidates for MoM?
Amauri and no-one else deserves the MOM. The only one, apart from Amauri, who played at high level was Marchionni.
The poll should've had only these two names, but since we usually do it with at least 4 players, i decided to add two more names. The goalkeepers didn't play enough to be MOM candidates, the central defenders didn't have much to do, the full backs were bad, Sissoko was awful, Iaquinta was also bad.
The only ones left were Marchisio and Nedved, who were far from good, but at least they weren't as bad as the others.

And yet.... some members voted for them :p

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The defence (apart from Molinaro) did well too today. Even Salihamidzic looked solid and combined well with Marchionni, in contrast to the other flank where the two didn't combine at all. I disagree that the defence had little to do, our midfield couldn't really get a grip of the game and hence the cagliari forwards saw a lot of the ball, with our defence having to deal with them. Which they did succesfully.

Amauri IS the clear and away man of the match though. Marchisio and especially Nedved getting votes :howler:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
And Amauri.....what a player !!
It's hard (impossible) to find another player with such quick feet, such technique, so strong on the ground and unstoppable in the air.
We owe him 6 of the 7 points we won so far. If he played in Florence instead of Trez/Del Piero, we could've had 9 out of 9 today.
But Amauri did play for 90 mins in Florence.

oh, and just imagine, if we hadnt signed Amauri, then we'd still have Palladino in his place!
Palladino was preferred to Amauri before we signed him. :howler:

You can piss off with that. After all the class performances he gave to us, he is allowed to have a day off.

Claudio Ranieri gave an injury update on Gigi Buffon and hailed Amauri as “a fantastic signing.”

The Brazilian scored the winner away to Cagliari this afternoon, a result that puts Juventus top of the table alongside Inter awaiting Lazio’s result tonight.

“He is a fantastic signing and a master of working the ball,” grinned Ranieri.

“Those who haven’t played as much have done very well so far and it isn’t easy to be ready when you are called.” - fuck. as if he did play giovinco

Juve made the trip without the injured David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Mauro Camoranesi, Cristiano Zanetti, Jonathan Zebina and Zdenek Grygera.

“It would’ve been better if we had been able to get a more comprehensive result and put it under lock and key. - yes. it would have been better if not your starting 11 and stupidibilty of subs.

“Instead the game remained open until the very end and Cagliari had the chance to equalise with Alessandro Matri. - good that you knew it

“We weren’t at our best in front of goal, but on a pitch in poor condition it was difficult to pass the ball around the way we usually do.” - don't blame the team, blame yourself

Goalkeeper Buffon went off at half-time clutching the inside of his upper right thigh, making way for Alex Manninger.

“We will evaluate his condition tomorrow. I preferred not to risk it, so we’ll calmly look at the extend of the problem.” - every manager knew it... please.. don;t say until you are a pro manager. even serie D manager knows it.

Tiago Mendes made a rare appearance in the second half and Ranieri has not given up on the midfielder who refused moves to Everton, Monaco and Tottenham.

“Tiago has great technique and has shown himself to be open to helping out the team. Who knows, maybe this year without pressure he will be able to prove his quality.” - you were the one that say he is a flop player dont u?

full of bullshit by CR imo.
I think you are the one who is full of bullshit and just desperate to see Giovinco play. Nothing else.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Exactly.

There's so much negativity in here it's depressing.

We have had an excellent start to the season thus far winning three games out of four in both competitions. We actually have the luxury of resting key players and having our subs finish the job, something we wouldn't even dream of last season.

We beat the same team last year 3-2 in the final seconds of the game with our full squad.
Today, we managed to keep them at bay and not only managed to win the game, but did so without a number of first team players.

You can't expect us to dominate every single game of the season. We were without Ale, Camo, Zanetti, Poulsen, Trez, and we still managed to win.

What are you all whinning about? Giovinco will get his chance sooner or later, have some patience FFS. De Ceglie has played in every game from the past thre matches and yet people here are still convinced he isn't going to get a chance this season.

The boys have played 3 games in the space of a week and managed to win all three. Why the fuck are you all complaining???????????
Because people always manage to see only the black side and focus on that. Today we didn't play creative, attacking, fantastic football, we didn't destroy Cagliari, we didn't see Giovinco, Ranieri didn't make spectacular subs and he didn't give a spectacular post match conference.

i want to see how zanetti moves :)
Moves back to Inter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)