[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (12 Viewers)

OP
CORVETTE

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #121
    calciomercato.com

Giovinco" Finalmente Ho Recuperato La Condizione", "sono pronto"

Giovinco: 'Contratto? Io penso ad allenarmi'

L'inaugurazione di un nuovo Juve Store a Torino è stata l'occasione per la "formica atomica", Sebastian Giovinco, di fare il punto della situazione sul suo contratto, in fase di rinnovo, e sul suo stato di forma e utilizzo da parte di Claudio Ranieri, che nelle ultime due gare lo ha spedito in tribuna.

Sul contratto: "Di queste cose non me ne occupo io. Io penso solo ad allenarmi e a giocare. Sono sereno". Sul mancato impiego in queste prime uscite stagionali bianconere invece: "Adesso ho finalmente recuperato dalle fatiche estive (Olimpiade cinese, ndr). Sono pronto". Ranieri è avvisato, soprattutto adesso che si è infortunato Trezeguet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Could this mean that he was really injured and that's why he missed the matches against Udinese and Zenit ?

I guess not because then we'll have to admit that we had no reason to attack Ranieri for not putting Gio at least on the bench in the previous two matches :D

The official stance of this forum on the Giovinco issue is that Gio was ready to play but Ranieri didn't want to give him a chance !
    When you run out of something to worry about you have to find something to worry about. Otherwise you're not a true fan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Hey, thats good, it was the most logical reason of him not playing, and its nothing to really regret to criticising him because everyone worked under the assumption he was available to play but was left out. They update all of our players fitness and injury woes, but said nothing of this, so how would the fans know?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    When you run out of something to worry about you have to find something to worry about. Otherwise you're not a true fan.
    Come on now.

Tired from the Olympics? The Olympics ended more than a month ago for the kid. If Seba can't recover from that then I don't know what he's doing in football.

Ranieri said the same thing about Tiago and he ended up not playing him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Hey, thats good, it was the most logical reason of him not playing, and its nothing to really regret to criticising him because everyone worked under the assumption he was available to play but was left out. They update all of our players fitness and injury woes, but said nothing of this, so how would the fans know?
    With the attention Seba is getting from the Italian media, i'm sure something would have been mentioned and the newspapers would have asked questions why Giovinco isn't playing at all.
    Since they didn't and since some members said that he got a minor injury while playing for the u21, i wasn't worried at all and i decided not to bash Ranieri for that.

But if Gio won't be on the bench and won't play at all against Cagliari, then there will be no excuse for Claudio.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Come on now.

Tired from the Olympics? The Olympics ended more than a month ago for the kid. If Seba can't recover from that then I don't know what he's doing in football.

He played here in Croatia some 10 days ago with the Italian u21 and again he was pretty bad. Lately he's been having some sub-par performances and it has to do with fatigue, Andy.

Don't forget that the boy had no rest at all. When the season ended he continued playing in Toulon on that tournament Italy won. When that thing ended he went with the Olympic team to Beijing and they were training and preparing for the Olympics. Then the Olympics followed and in every next match there he played worse and worse.

He did need a rest. I guess it was a mutual decission and both Ranieri and Giovinco thought that it's for the best if Seba takes an 1 week rest.

This is assuming that he didn't get a knock and he wasn't injured in the u21 matches. If he was really injured then there is absolutely no need to discuss this.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Come on now.

Olympics? he had International duties long after the Olympics. Ranieri never said the same thing about Tiago. Actually, Ranieri haven't said anything about Giovinco, Seba himself declared that he was ready. Did they threaten him to say that as well? In the middle of contract negotiations they would do something like that? PUHRRRRRR LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ come on!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    He played here in Croatia some 10 days ago with the Italian u21 and again he was pretty bad. Lately he's been having some sub-par performances and it has to do with fatigue, Andy.

Don't forget that the boy had no rest at all. When the season ended he continued playing in Toulon on that tournament Italy won. When that thing ended he went with the Olympic team to Beijing and they were training and preparing for the Olympics. Then the Olympics followed and in every next match there he played worse and worse.

He did need a rest. I guess it was a mutual decission and both Ranieri and Giovinco thought that it's for the best if Seba takes an 1 week rest.

This is assuming that he didn't get a knock and he wasn't injured in the u21 matches. If he was really injured then there is absolutely no need to discuss this.
    I don't know. I mean, a footballer has the ability to run kilometers every single day, several times a day. And this goes especially for youngsters. Sure, Giovinco had a busy summer, but then again it's not like he played 90 minutes every matchday last season.

Lets be honest here - I'm a 23 year-old college student he drinks about 15-20 beers a day two to three times a week with a well-defined beer belly, yet I can run three miles every single day, twice if I wanted to. If this slob can do that, I'm sure Giovinco isn't that fatigued. It's not like he just played in the World Cup simultaneously during the first few matches of the season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Olympics? he had International duties long after the Olympics. Ranieri never said the same thing about Tiago. Actually, Ranieri haven't said anything about Giovinco, Seba himself declared that he was ready. Did they threaten him to say that as well? In the middle of contract negotiations they would do something like that? PUHRRRRRR LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ come on!
    Did Seba ever declare that he wasn't ready?

And Ranieri did say that Tiago was "tired" at the start of the season.

Giovinco should be fucking ready to go and match fit. Fatigued my arse. He's 21 years old FFS.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Did anyone declare that Seba wasn't ready?

And Ranieri did not say that Seba was "tired".

In the end, suit yourself and get worried because I won't, it feels better this way.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    When I played for my school we had practice every single day where we ran at least three miles each day, even before matches. We had matches sometimes back to back days, but usually we had on average one match per three/four days. This was a span for two months not even discussing August practices which were brutal.

Fatigued? Give me a fucking break.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    When I played for my school we had practice every single day where we ran at least three miles each day, even before matches. We had matches sometimes back to back days, but usually we had on average one match per three/four days. This was a span for two months not even discussing August practices which were brutal.

Fatigued? Give me a fucking break.
    Are you saying you were training 4-5 days a week, twice a day and played matches with same intensity as real professionals do?
    Fucking hell, you are real pro.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    i used to be much more active before and i could play day in , day out.

But its not about can you play or train 5-6 days a week, but how well you can play at the same - high level.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I'm with Andy on this one, a 21 year old pro football player can't be fatigued at this point in season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Are you saying you were training 4-5 days a week, twice a day and played matches with same intensity as real professionals do?
    Fucking hell, you are real pro.
    Put things in perspective. I played every single day except for Sunday (that was my only rest day) for three months. And no, I was (nor I am) anywhere near the professional level.

But that's my point - if I can go three months without rest, surely a PROFESSIONAL could do that as well considering he didn't play 90 minutes every matchday last season.

Trust me, you have to play the game to realize this stuff. I hated going to practice every single day, running three miles and working my ass off. But when game time came around, I was NOT fatigued to the point where I couldn't play. For three years I only sat out a couple matches where we owned minnows; I was never rested. And I am certainly not the most fit motherfucker to ever live.

So by that reasoning, I don't buy this bullshit. Why? Because I could still make it on a team where we ran at least three miles everyday despite having some extra body weight. Giovinco is a PRO so that should be taken into account in regards to his "fatigue." This is nonsense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)