[Serie A] Cagliari 1-3 JUVENTUS (December 21, 2012) (58 Viewers)

Man of the Matri?

• Barza

• Mitra Matatatatatata Matri

• Vooch

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
you could make either case - some refs would call it one way, others the other
Anything in front of the body at that speed should never be called off. The whole point of calling for a handball is that i) it's an illegal extension of the body, and ii) it is deliberate.

The ref and his team were just abysmal, I don't recall much that they got right all game. Astori committed worse fouls than the one he was eventually given a second booking for. Asamoah was impeded as he was going to head the ball in. Murru commited foul after foul on a yellow and they did nothing, eventually their coach wised up and subbed him off. Sau dived or went down easily. Giovinco dived or went down easily. 50-50 decisions all over the pitch were wrong. They should basically be demoted.

Apr 15, 2006
I corrected the previous post - I meant you were poor in the 1st, not 2nd half. If that was what you meant, then no, just a typo ... otherwise, it's still a no - being very serious :)
I meant to highlight the part where you said the ref didn't do much to pluck our feathers. The officials were atrocious. No two ways about it.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Do you guys think Asamoah is going to improve?????

His ball control, work rate and pace is great.

But his movements, one-dimensional running and delivery is really bad, often resulting in nothing! I can't even recall him crossing a ball that finds the intended target.
He was/is poor in the attacking play, that's because he is not natural winger

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:lol: i love it, this is even got to you, you got mad trolled.

i ll take you seriously again once you cool down :D
not sure what you guys mean as I am perfectly cool :D - did I miss something the 1st half or what? I didn't see anything too bad from the ref apart from a soft PK for cagliari?

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
;)

seriously, though, you were pathetic in the 2st half and the frustration magnified every single call he made that didn't go your way. The PK for Cagliari was a soft one but other than that, he didn't commit anything worthy of plucking your feathers :)

In the 2nd half, there were several game-changing calls that went Juve's way - the PK, the RC, and also the game-winning goal for 1-2 that could well have been called off - but you won because you actually came out to play after the break.
What wrong do you find in the decision to send off Astori? The guy just fouled Giovinco everytime he came close to him without even trying to get the ball.

What about Ekdal? The guy committed at least 4 fouls and feinted injuries two times without getting a single yellow card.

What about Agazzi? For the second or third time this season I see an opposition 'keeper wasting time so obviously and intentionally without being sanctioned about it.

And let's be honest here - Cagliari deserved what they got this game with the way they played.

Lukson

Nov 5, 2012
Matri poached both of his goals like an old school #9. He was also like a battering ram in the box which helped counter the physical approach Cagliari took. The third should have been Seba's goal, but Mirko "made sure" it went in. lol

Barzagli was classy as usual. He was my MOTM. He battled bravely and kept the line secure. After Barzagli, it'd be Pirlo who kept making those defense slicing long range passes quite accurately under that weather.

Caceres might have made some misplaced passes, but defensively he was solid (e.g. his ball winning skills, physical battles, etc).

I liked the shift into a pseudo metodo in the second half. Cagliari went physical + cynical and only came out for counter attacks hence Conte had our players push up more and match the bullish approach they took. We started winning more indirect freekicks and corners compared to the first half. We created more chances and thankfully scored!

------------Buffon--------------

----Barzagli--------Bonucci------

Padoin-------Pirlo-------Asamoah

-------Vidal------Marchisio-------

--Giovinco----Matri----Vucinic----

Another thing I take from this match is how well Conte's substitution choices were. All three had a huge impact on our win! Padoin was a workhorse. Matri was a battering ram and Mirko was the clever trequartista.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #352
    I don't know why the refereeing is being discussed, it was sub par and that's about it. We as Juve fans see it magnified because of the frustrating situation we were in.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
    He was bad today, but looking back at the time he joined Juve since now, I'll give him (easily) a passing grade for his performances.
    Yeah I guess he is one of the best option to do this job.

The system that Conte is using, requires the fullbacks to be technically decent, and more stamina, and stronger than the usual fullbacks. Players EPL fan favourite As.sley Cole wont fit the bill And all these qualities are usually found in defensive midfielders. Guess we have to compromise on the delivery aspect then.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Shite most of the game, terrible refereeing, disgusting and thuggish Cagliari, woeful atmosphere. Craziest game of the season though. Offside goals, red cards, missed penalties, terrible penalty decisions, last minute goals. Certainly wouldnt have been boring for a neutral.

Cagliari really are a detestable team. Violent, time wasting, whinging cunts. So awesome to fucking troll them hard in the last few minutes of the game. They mad.

Grazie Matri. You da man.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    not sure what you guys mean as I am perfectly cool :D - did I miss something the 1st half or what? I didn't see anything too bad from the ref apart from a soft PK for cagliari?
    Hey, hey, just calm down buddy. No need to fly off the handle.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Winning mentality. Absolutely fucking love this side.

Inter and Milan fans are so butthurt,absolutely fucking raped in the arse. Absolutely fucking mentally destroyed. Absolutely fucking fucking raped their eyeballs. Absolutely fucking fuck fuck fuuuuuuuuck.

Matriiiiiiiiiii!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    There was a pretty big call that went against Juve. The red card was given when it shouldn't have been given. It should have been called much earlier, when that youngster who got subbed out immediately after that foul on Vidal, should have gotten his 2nd yellow.
    That "foul" on Asamoah was also a dubious call. I'm really not sure if there was a contact from behind, but from the way Asamoah fell and reacted, it might have been a push for a penalty and maybe a direct red card.

Overall, terrible refereeing. I hope both managers mention the refereeing. I fully expect Italy to concentrate on the pro-Juve calls and that's why Juve must talk about the refereeing and highlight the pro-Cagliari calls.
    it's often when a ref would not give a quick 2nd yellow to a player already on a YC - not the first and not the last time you'd see something like that. I disagree with that being a bad call and would say is a perfect example of frustration making the judgement on your side, guys.

Don't recall the situation with Asamoah you described there but sounds to me another 50-50 call that was seen as 0-100 due to frustration.

the ref was far from perfect but you guys looked so bad the 1st half because of how poor your overall approach was - no determination, no will, lots of wayward passes, etc, etc - and not because some calls didn't go your way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)