[Serie A] Brescia - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
it was a good game by Juve.. a great opener of the season while the main two contender lost two points already by, well, lesser opponents..

anyway, here are my ratings..

Buffon: good and solid, though he didn't face much real threats, but he was on time and knew when to go out and intersect the ball.. 7

Thuram: tough, made some good tackles and clear-outs, and he helped in the offence as well.. soliod performance.. 7

Cannavaro: good game, but normal.. nothing special, maybe because he just came back from an injury, but got the job done. he need to get some fitness... 6.5

Zambrotta: to be hounest I didn't notice him very much in the game.. but, he was good but didn't do so much in the attack.. 6.5

Zebina: great performance by the french defender, he was great in defence as well as offence, he was behind the second goal.. 7.5

Emerson: he did enough.. he made some good tackles, but it wasn't his day.. not his bad day either, maybe he affected by the injury that he got at the beginning of the match.. all in all, good.. 6.5

Blasi: this man is the right deal.. he was unpassable, solid performance, reminded me of davids.. 7.5

camoranesi: nothing important.. in fact, "nothing" will just do.. I was counting his wrong passes, but I was lost.. they were too many.. this guy need so much work to do.. if he want to be a starter, maybe some of you would argue, but I think he is a liability.. so individual.. 5, and that's too much..

Nedved: great pass for zebina who made the assist the first goal, some nice shots on the goal, but saved.. all in all.. great..
however, this fella should not be rated, for ratings are for human beings, not machines..!!

Del Piero: apart from the cross that gave nedved the first goal, he didn't do so much.. except some nice dribblings but they ended in vain.. 6.5

Trezeguet: the goal saved his ass from getting "5".. 6.5

Ibrahimovic: nice effort for the third goal, he was brilliant, though he didn't have much time to display more.. 7

Tacchinardi: he filled Emerson's position, was good at what he does best, destributing the ball transversally..!!

Oliveira: didn't do much, but I prefer him to be a starter instead of Camo though..

All in all, it was a good match from juve, the players were focused and their performance was solid, I hope they keep it up for Ajax match..

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
camoranesi: nothing important.. in fact, "nothing" will just do.. I was counting his wrong passes, but I was lost.. they were too many.. this guy need so much work to do.. if he want to be a starter, maybe some of you would argue, but I think he is a liability.. so individual.. 5, and that's too much..
Did you watched the game that I did???? Man, Camoranesi was our best player in the first half

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Zebina, Olivera and our central defence impressed me a lot. It seems like Capello knows how to control and win matches against poorer teams, we lead and controlled all the way through, even after taking the lead. That was impressive, and I´ll think that will be key to taking the scudetto. After seeing this game I would rate our chances of winning the league quite good, in the 50% area.
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Yeah,but what if we encounter a good defence that wont tolerate flick-ons and tip-ins? For what we will pay him then? Roaming on the pitch like chicken with SARS? I cant wait some big-time games to proove that Zlatan deserves place instead of him in starting XI
You could turn that around, and say what about when we meet a team that only gives you one or two chances to score? We need someone effective then, don´t we?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

Did you watched the game that I did???? Man, Camoranesi was our best player in the first half
I knew someone would object on my opinion about camo..

well, he never impress me, even when he was at his best.. my rating on him is biased, I never liked him, so..

sorry if that doesn't comfort you.. :undecide:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Yeah,but what if we encounter a good defence that wont tolerate flick-ons and tip-ins? For what we will pay him then? Roaming on the pitch like chicken with SARS? I cant wait some big-time games to proove that Zlatan deserves place instead of him in starting XI
i hope Trezeguet receive more support in the dressing room then he did here in this forum... the guy scoring 3 goals in 2 competetive game and you just cant wait to see him fails... how can one work in such environment...

and u think Zlatan can dribble away to goal against good defense ??.. now that would be interesting to see as good defense is never a familiar concept in Eredevisie... you can only drible to a certain extend untill u need someone to pass to and there where u can always expect Trezeguet to be...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ratings from Gazzetta:

1 Buffon G. 6
27 Zebina J. 6.5
21 Thuram L. 6
28 Cannavaro F. 6.5
19 Zambrotta G. 6
16 Camoranesi M. 5
8 Emerson F. 7
3 Tacchinardi A. 6
20 Blasi M. 6.5
11 Nedved P. 7
10 Del Piero A. 5.5
24 Olivera R. 6.5
17 Trezeguet D. 6
9 Ibrahimovic Z. 7

I don't think Emerson played a 7, while Thuram deserved more than 6.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Ratings from Gazzetta:

16 Camoranesi M. 5
see JuveBoy, your man got the lowest rate in this match..

stuart, what's behind the "god loves you" thing..?? it seems sticking to all of your sigs recently..??

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

see JuveBoy, your man got the lowest rate in this match..

stuart, what's behind the "god loves you" thing..?? it seems sticking to all of your sigs recently..??
Ofcourse Gazzetta always give high score if someone scores a goal, Who give that grade? A football player or someone who is setting behind his desk and doesn't know anything about football? I think the last one.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i hope Trezeguet receive more support in the dressing room then he did here in this forum... the guy scoring 3 goals in 2 competetive game and you just cant wait to see him fails... how can one work in such environment...

and u think Zlatan can dribble away to goal against good defense ??.. now that would be interesting to see as good defense is never a familiar concept in Eredevisie... you can only drible to a certain extend untill u need someone to pass to and there where u can always expect Trezeguet to be...
I think you people have misunderstood the whole situation, it shouldn't be about Zlatan vs Trez right now. We've got three attackers for 2 spots and one of them aren't doing what we expect from him, DP. Zlatan and Trez can play together without any problems, of course they should start the next game since they seem to be in the best form.

DP needs to understand that he's not untouchable no more.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Forza Juve!!

Juve didn't play a fantastic game offensively, abit of a mess at times, but it was a great start considering all of the new faces and the new Coach. This is just alittle of what Juve can and will do further along as they get a better understanding of each other.

I especially like the team atmoshphere. After all three goals, the whole team celebrated as one team, not just the individual players. Everbody was happy for Zlatan after his goal, so Im proud to see the team's mentality.

As for the game, DP did ok, he wasn't bad, infact i think he might get back into form. CAmo, didn't impres me toom much but he played his role.

I do see Juve's future! Olivera was great, he came on only for 25minutes or something but you could see he has lots to offer, skills, speed and body size(bigger than DP).

Forgive me for saying this but it could well be that Olivera- Zlatan are the best duo upfront. They complement each other. Olivera's speed + skills ,and Zlatan's skills + strength. Zlatan really looks dangerous verytime the ball is at his feet, amazing skills! Knows how to take adavantage of his size, great balance too.

As for Zebina, I always thought that physically he is a perfect defender, tall, fast. He just needs to improve on his game, and under JUVe I think he will improve alot, he's only 23 (I think) anyways.

Zebina is 26. To be honest, you can't really see Juve's future. We only have a handful of young players.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

I think you people have misunderstood the whole situation, it shouldn't be about Zlatan vs Trez right now. We've got three attackers for 2 spots and one of them aren't doing what we expect from him, DP. Zlatan and Trez can play together without any problems, of course they should start the next game since they seem to be in the best form.

DP needs to understand that he's not untouchable no more.
actually that would be my main idea as well...as i said in the Vs Ajax thread, i would love to see that combination....Zlatan + Trezeguet...... our aerial ability would be to good to be true for zambrotta and nedved to send in direct crosses.. opposing defenders wont know who will post play for who...and they have to guard Zlatan's uncanniness while also making sure Trezeguet dont dissapear from their shoulders....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Buffon: Hardly did anything at all,was alert throughout but brescia rarely forced him into action. 6

Zebina:Started his juve career well,was strong and took care of the opponents well enough.However,he did lose the ball twice or so at the back.Solid overall. 7

Thuram: I was awed by his positioning today,let nothing go past him and was a wall in the air.Best defender in the game. 7.5

Cannavaro: Did nothing wrong,no negatives but then again hardly any positives either.Had little to do with Thuram on superb form. 6

Zambrotta: Tried his best as usual,lost the ball in offence a little too often but had a decent match on most accounts. 6.5

Camoranesi: A game of ups and downs for Camoranesi,his dribbling was caught out a couple of times but proved to be a nuisance in the first half. 6.5

Blasi: A notable presence in midfield, but i was appalled at how he tackled anyone and everyone without holding back whatsoever.Went in two footed on seven or eight of the Brescia players,most of them more than once.Responsible for most of our fouls. 6.5

Emerson: Strong,combative and a driving force for alot of the match.Always on the ball and covered his teammates well.Pity about the injury though. 7

Nedved: Our primary dangerman proved that he still has the legs for one more stunning season.a threat from range and almost scored a second. 7.5

Del Piero: An assist, but hardly anything of note for il capitano.Worked for the team and his running earned him the ball a couple of times. 6.5

Trezeguet: Did not touch the ball until the 21st minute.This guy really needs to help out and get into the flow of play once in a while.Virtually invisible. Getting off to a scoring start is a good indication though,otherwise he might have set a record for the least number of touches of the ball in one half.Would get a 5 if it weren't for the goal. 6.5

Olivera: Quick on the ball and went past opponents with ease,Must get accustomed to the rough and tumble of Serie A though. 7

Tacchinardi: Did okay whenever presented with the ball,filled the role of destroyer adequately. 6.5

Ibrahimovic: Why did we get this guy only now? 7.5

Curd

Jul 7, 2003
a fantastic start for juve, a fantastic start for zlatan.
I could not fall asleep the whole night. zlatan is more than what i expected. thanks capello, thanks moggi

May 4, 2004
Buffon G. 6
Zebina J. 6.5
Thuram L. 6
Cannavaro F. 6.5
Zambrotta G. 6
Camoranesi M. 5
Emerson F. 7 >
Tacchinardi A. 6 <
Blasi M. 6.5
Nedved P. 7
Del Piero A. 5.5 >
Olivera R. 6.5 <
Trezeguet D. 6 >
Ibrahimovic Z. 7 <

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
You think he's old if he's 26... he can still play 10 years !
nobody said that he's old; simply that he wouldn't really be classified as "one for the future", like Olivera or Zlatan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)