[Serie A] Brescia - Juventus (54 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Here's the first installment of:

Views from the other side of the Pond:

Well, after convincing my mother to get GOL TV with the promise that i would visit her more often, I was able to watch the Brescia-Juve match, and here's my position by position analysis.

Buffon- Solikd game, but didn't have all that much to do , save for a couple of quality saves. Basically spent a lot of time intercepting Brescia's horrendous crosses.

Zambrotta- Solid, if unspectacular match. Didn't make any stupid mistakes, but didn't really stand out.

Thuram- played a very solid match. No foolish fouls, and quite a few well placed clearouts. Even pushed the ball up in attack a few times.

Cannavaro- Again, a nother solid match. Wasn't involved in a ny offense at all, but stayed at home, and filled his defensive reponsibilty very well. Still needs to regain a some fitness.

Zebina- He was my Man of the Match. Yes, you heard me correctly. I thought he played exeptionally well today. Seemed a little nervous early on, but then started to be more aggresive defensively, and was very instrrumental in pushing the ball up the right side of the pitch, moreso than Camo in my opinion. Very nicely placed pass to Trez for that 2nd goal. Played well on both sides of the ball.

nedved- Not a bad match. Started to come around after that header and started to assert himself a litlle more, even drifting towards the middle of the pitch when it was apparent that Emerson wasn't himself. A couple of close calls on some free kicks.

Emerson- So-So performance. yes, part of it could be attributed to his injury, but even before that, he had not made his presence felt. Played a little too far back for my tastes, but hopefully once Thuram and Canna begin to show more chemistry, then he can play further up.

Blasi- I've said it since I've been here, I like this kid. Strong game by Blasi. The defensive bully who takes no bullshit in the middle of the pitch. Good game overall. Committed some fouls early on, but that's his style. They were clean, hard fouls, and as the game wore on, he was able to displace the ball more cleanly.

Camo- Ugh. Its a tie between him and Del Piero for least impressive man on the pitch, but at least Del Piero was able to place a well aimed corner for nedved that led to the first goal. Zebina was more of a catalyst on the right than Camo. Oliveira needs to get some playing time there.

Del Piero- Corner kick aside, it was a disappointing performance for the captain. Quite honestly, he didn't do very much.

Trezeguet- You don't see him for most of the match, then Poof, he scores a backbreaking goal. It s what he gets paid to do, and he did it today.

Ibrahimovic- Now, the goal itself was prt Zlatan and part bad goalkeeping, but what he did to get in position to take that shot was amazing. Every time he touched the ball, there were two men on him, which is an early sign of respect. He's a giant of a man, and there will be sleepless nights ahead for opposing defenders for the next 7 years.

Oliveira/ tacchinardi- didn't do very much, so there' s not much to say.

There you have it. Good performance by Juve, and Brescia sans Baggio is absolutely nothing. Horrible set pieces, and no continuity at all. They need to place a call to Roby as soon as possible
I pretty much agree with your analysis of the game. What started out as a bit of a chippy game, with both teams slow to settle into the pace of the game, we hit for 2 goals within minutes of each other. After that, we controlled the game pretty well !!!!

Lets hope we can play this way on wednesday, and tear Ajax apart !!!!!

BTW Sergio- it'll be nice for you to see your Mom every sunday morning, and watch the games at the same time. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone !!!!!:D:D

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Trezeguet- You don't see him for most of the match, then Poof, he scores a backbreaking goal. It s what he gets paid to do, and he did it today.
Yeah,but what if we encounter a good defence that wont tolerate flick-ons and tip-ins? For what we will pay him then? Roaming on the pitch like chicken with SARS? I cant wait some big-time games to proove that Zlatan deserves place instead of him in starting XI

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Yeah,but what if we encounter a good defence that wont tolerate flick-ons and tip-ins? For what we will pay him then? Roaming on the pitch like chicken with SARS? I cant wait some big-time games to proove that Zlatan deserves place instead of him in starting XI
Agreed. Everyone says that Trezeguet scores and that's all that matters, but I don't think that's true. Sure, goals win matches, but Treze touched the ball about five times in total today, which isn't good enough, regardless of the role he occupies in this team. When DP went off Zlatan was deployed as a lone striker, but still he managed to get involved. David is brilliant at what he does, but the truth is he doesn't have that much going for him apart from a good finish and a nice header. Ibrahimovic is so much more complete than Trezeguet, and surely that has to count for something IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

he isent the only one... camo was one of the best in the first half... same goes to nedved and zebina !
Zebina and Nedved were our best players, but I really can't remember Camoranesi doing anything special.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Capello must try to get him more involved in the building-up. He'd benefit the attack so much more that way.
Maybe today just wasn't his day, but against Djurgarden he worked alot harder, got involved alot more, and it paid off as he scored two goals. If he could do that consistently he'd shut my mouth once and for all, but as far as I'm concerned he can't.

Personally I hope that Del Piero steps it up a knotch or two in the coming games because I really want to see Zlatan-Ale be our number one choice in attack.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Maybe today just wasn't his day, but against Djurgarden he worked alot harder, got involved alot more, and it paid off as he scored two goals. If he could do that consistently he'd shut my mouth once and for all, but as far as I'm concerned he can't.

Personally I hope that Del Piero steps it up a knotch or two in the coming games because I really want to see Zlatan-Ale be our number one choice in attack.
Trezeguet is scoring in every single game we are playing !

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

rldyu

Sep 6, 2004
if blasi is tackling everyone around him, i think that's really good. we need a battler like him. we had davids before and deschamps before him so we need someone like blasi now. milan has gattuso. inter now has davids. so blasi could be our man. a tackler like him is very useful to break opponent's rhythm or attack. if u can stop them in midfield, then our defence is not too exposed, which is good since as far as i know, our defence is not that good these days. tacchinardi was a battler too, however, lately he has become to reckless in his tackles. foul is okay as long as the guy doesnt get a card. it's a damn fine line and a tackler who can tackle like a mad bull but still escape yellow is a damn fine midfielder....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

And I thank him for that, but IMHO he should be able to do a little bit more than just score. Scoring is his job, yes, whatever, but apart from finding the net he's absolutely useless most of the time. That probably sounds stupid to some people since scoring is so important, but I just wish he was a bit more complete.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
Congrats for the win....It was a very important win to open the season with

Zlatan scored his first goal with Juve in his first game

FORZA JUVENTUS

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

And I thank him for that, but IMHO he should be able to do a little bit more than just score. Scoring is his job, yes, whatever, but apart from finding the net he's absolutely useless most of the time. That probably sounds stupid to some people since scoring is so important, but I just wish he was a bit more complete.
I am not too big of a Trezeguet fan for the same reason- he looks too "lazy" on the field.

But as long as he does what he can- finish an attack, that's fine with me.

I was really impressed by Zlatan's goal, there were what... 4, 5 defenders? This would be very difficult for Trez to do.

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
juve won 3-0 and it must be said that juve played at walking-pace in order to save energy for ucl opener aganist ajax.

so when we do give it a 110% effort
we will do serious damage

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
seems like trez is out of the fans' favourite now....
i don't really like his playing style too, but as long as he keeps scoring for us, i am fine with him. DP and his co. can take care the rest of it.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Forza Juve!!

Juve didn't play a fantastic game offensively, abit of a mess at times, but it was a great start considering all of the new faces and the new Coach. This is just alittle of what Juve can and will do further along as they get a better understanding of each other.

I especially like the team atmoshphere. After all three goals, the whole team celebrated as one team, not just the individual players. Everbody was happy for Zlatan after his goal, so Im proud to see the team's mentality.

As for the game, DP did ok, he wasn't bad, infact i think he might get back into form. CAmo, didn't impres me toom much but he played his role.

I do see Juve's future! Olivera was great, he came on only for 25minutes or something but you could see he has lots to offer, skills, speed and body size(bigger than DP).

Forgive me for saying this but it could well be that Olivera- Zlatan are the best duo upfront. They complement each other. Olivera's speed + skills ,and Zlatan's skills + strength. Zlatan really looks dangerous verytime the ball is at his feet, amazing skills! Knows how to take adavantage of his size, great balance too.

As for Zebina, I always thought that physically he is a perfect defender, tall, fast. He just needs to improve on his game, and under JUVe I think he will improve alot, he's only 23 (I think) anyways.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i did not see the game , only highlights of the goals , it seems we were solid , i liked trez goal from the pass of nedved to emerson , and offcorse zlatan goal , forza juve:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)