[Serie A] Brescia - Juventus (14 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
i expect 3 goals from zlatan tommorow. anything less and im unsatisfied :stuckup:

ha i just cant wait to see him play. i just want to see something like what i saw from him in ajax last year

im going to save my 500th post for celebrating our win tommorow

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
The preview by goal.com

Serie A Preview: Brescia-Juventus

BACKGROUND

A lot of curiosity surrounds Capello’s new Juve, following a transfer market in which the bianconeri acquired important players such as Emerson, Ibrahimovic and Cananvaro at the expense of important young players Chiellini, Maresca and Miccoli.

Following a disappointing season, the Old Lady will surely want to start the new campaign with a good win, even though their opponents are no pushovers.

In the past seasons, Juventus have in fact achieved some hard fought draws and defeats at the hands of the Rondinelle and Brescia can be considered a bogey team for the bianconeri.

This will be the first season in 5 years that Roberto Baggio will not be playing for Brescia which will be a huge loss for Serie A and football in general.

For Juventus, Cannavaro is expected to make his official debut, while Ibrahimovic will have to start from the bench.

TEAM NEWS

Brescia – No injury not suspension problems for De Biasi who can count on a full squad strength.

Juventus – Central defenders Montero and Ferrara are out due to injury, thus favouring Cannavaro’s debut with the bianconeri’s shirt.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS

Brescia (3-4-2-1)
Castellazzi; Adani, Di Biagio, Mareco; Mannini, Almeyda, Milanetto, Domizzi; Bachini; Sculli, Caracciolo

Juventus (4-4-2)
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Olivera, Blasi, Emerson, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sculli (Brescia) – The young international under-21 forward will want to prove the Juventus management wrong when they let him go, thus not giving him a chance with the bianconeri.

Del Piero (Juventus) – The Juve skipper seems to have finally picked up his pace as he produced a quality performance last Wednesday with his national side. Much is expected from him this season

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Amzingly BOTH Milan AND Inter failed to win their respective matches and thus giving Juve a perfect chance to start the season well with a 2 point lead over both Milan sides.

But it won't be easy, winning in Stadio Rigamonti never was so we will need all of our strengths to overcome them. I'm confident with Olivera, Emerson, and Alex as they seem to be in excellent form.

We should forget about the Ajax match right now and field our strongest team to win this match. Ancelotti rested some players like Nesta, Gattuso and Pirlo and have probably rued that decision. We have to learn lessons from other teams.

Forza Juve. Let's win this match and stay in command of Serie A !!

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Zlatan better play tomorrow, if not Ill be mad
zlatan wont make a difference in todays match.. da attack is already good... i would like to see him play with juve as i never did .. but if trezeguet isnt injured he shuld strtand same goes for delpiero he cant be benched in da first game of da league .. itsa unethical ...

zlatan is too new o da team i think cappello is right if he doesnt let him strt but by the second half when we are leading with a wide margin hen zlatan can come in with his sassy attitude and play some dirty soccer

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #273
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    I hope to see Zlatan and Canna tomorrow.

Well, according to goal.com Montero and Ferrara are injured, so Cannavaro will probably play tomorrow.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    It seems Lucarelli has come back to become a striker again. (Couple of years ago with Torino, one journalist dubbed him as "He used to be a striker".
    It is an opending day of the week thus players should be fresh. We should definetely field the strongest team available and try to take all three points.
    However, what I want to especially is back line perfoming solidly and not giving away a goal to start the season. It would also be good occasion to see how Lillian and Fabio partnership starts this year.
    As Brescia isnt the easy place to visit and get all three points, and they also have a team with savvy veterans, my guess is that we are in for a tough game and hopefully we can take all three points.

My prediction is that we will win 2-1.:)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    The last couple of years the Brescia games have always been tough fights for the points for us.

I expect either Olivera or Camoranesi to score (depending on who starts).

Aug 26, 2003
    yeah i think Capello is right not to start ibrahimovic! ok he scored 4 goals in the national team but he is new and Trez and Del Piero put us into the CL!! i think he will come in 2nd half and make an assist or a goal!!

ok Forza Juve!!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Why don't we field a trident?

------------------Nedved----
    -------------DP---------------
    -------Trez--------Zlatan---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)