[Serie A] Bologna 0-1 JUVENTUS [February 24th, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I am not convinced this has anything to do with “mentality”.

Our midfield just gets overrun in the Champions League so Dybala doesn’t receive the ball closer than 40 yards from goal.

In Serie A we usually dominate the midfield, so Dybala receives the ball closer to 20 yards from goal and as a result, he scores more goals.

This has nothing to do with Dybala’s “mentality”, he scores more against weaker opposition because our midfield gives him service in these games. That simple.
This guy gets it, its insane not get the obvious. When he and the rest of our attackers played with actual midfielders like Pogba, who could transition the ball forward, create space and passes centrally so the forwards can get optimal output around the box, without needing to do the midfielders job. Now they are either turned into FULL TIME midfielders like Dybala, or wait for crosses all game long, becuase our midfield is nonexistent and cant survive a second of under pressure possession ball against tough opponents.

There were absolutely ZERO need for Dybala to be in the midfield when he had transition runs and passes like this behind him:

It doesnt have to be Pogba perse (hes the perfect combination mainly because of his added dynamic physicality/defensive ability), there are several creative force mids that can do this (this is why City score so damn many goals, litterally threat for final ball from anywhere on the pitch), but we have NON of them, not only cant they make these balls generally, but they cant even keep the ball long enough to even attempt these plays most of the time, both in physical (Pjanic) and technical (the rest) terms. Its gonna be insanely alarming if our sole solution to this problem is gonna be Ramsey, who I like btw. We need extreme upgrade on this, and solely focus on this, instead of misguidedly focus on blaming everything on one of our star forwards being asked to do this broken job he shouldnt need.

- - - Updated - - -

Then actually play him as CM and put a different attacker in.

What do you want from me?

- - - Updated - - -

What I do? I mess up lol

WickedJitteryHawaiianmonkseal-small.gif

To understand football? :shifty:

Midfield.broken.Must.Fix.Instead.Of.Blame.One.Of.The.Few.Technical.Players.We.Have.Who.Can.Survive.Under.Pressure.With.The.Ball.Being.Played.Out.Of.Position.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Judging by how bad all our midfielders are, bonucci dybala and berna should play in midfield.

But allegri will not do that. It will ruin his relationship with pjanic matuidi and other midfielders

shansen

Feb 20, 2019
Dybala reminds me a lot of Isco. He should be in the midfield with how technical he is. Far better than anything else we have anyways. And with Ronaldo being up front we don't really need to have Dybala up there. Just need someone to feed CR7 and Mandzu with something that resembles a good pass.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Hi guys , after the smack from AM match, lets see how our team will bounce back ..... in general :

- Pjanic is just too scared to assist our attackers ...what actually he doing here if he can't ? why he don't go forward with his ball, all his , just side and safe passes all way around .... i was hopping we will succeed to offload him in the previous summer but we couldn't and some here labeled him as our only important Mid. actually , his service in his position is a fail .... anyway, what you expect from nice guys like him ...his position needs brave , aggressive enough and vision mentality ...but actually he isn't .....

- I don't know if Ramsey the solution but i think his injury history will delete any good football from him.
- the rest of our midfield are just worthless to even speak about them all should go away specially Can & Khadira

now , i hope Allegri put a formation based on the creativity we have ...and limit our dependence on central midfielders ...we need more of Costa , Berna , Cancelo , Alex , Bonucci supporting from the back ...going for 4 2 3 1 or 3 5 2 keep in the bench who you want to keep or play who you want ..

lets take Bologna match to prepare for AM and i believe we will qualify as Juve never surge when they are favorites as now we are not.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dybala reminds me a lot of Isco. He should be in the midfield with how technical he is. Far better than anything else we have anyways. And with Ronaldo being up front we don't really need to have Dybala up there. Just need someone to feed CR7 and Mandzu with something that resembles a good pass.

giphy-downsized.gif

Dybala is a forward, 2nd forward who can be creative, and is good with freedom to move, but primarly an attacker whos main strength is his shooting, and has the skill on the ball but not the physique or speed to be that far away from goal, so needs to punish defenses just around the box, not run with it half the pitch.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
This guy gets it, its insane not get the obvious. When he and the rest of our attackers played with actual midfielders like Pogba, who could transition the ball forward, create space and passes centrally so the forwards can get optimal output around the box, without needing to do the midfielders job. Now they are either turned into FULL TIME midfielders like Dybala, or wait for crosses all game long, becuase our midfield is nonexistent and cant survive a second of under pressure possession ball against tough opponents.

There were absolutely ZERO need for Dybala to be in the midfield when he had transition runs and passes like this behind him:

It doesnt have to be Pogba perse (hes the perfect combination mainly because of his added dynamic physicality/defensive ability), there are several creative force mids that can do this (this is why City score so damn many goals, litterally threat for final ball from anywhere on the pitch), but we have NON of them, not only cant they make these balls generally, but they cant even keep the ball long enough to even attempt these plays most of the time, both in physical (Pjanic) and technical (the rest) terms. Its gonna be insanely alarming if our sole solution to this problem is gonna be Ramsey, who I like btw. We need extreme upgrade on this, and solely focus on this, instead of misguidedly focus on blaming everything on one of our star forwards being asked to do this broken job he shouldnt need.

- - - Updated - - -

Midfield.broken.Must.Fix.Instead.Of.Blame.One.Of.The.Few.Technical.Players.We.Have.Who.Can.Survive.Under.Pressure.With.The.Ball.Being.Played.Out.Of.Position.
We have one possible solution in the squad already in Bernardeschi. Why not give him a chance as a LCM/RCM. Cant be any worse than what we have now.

Dybala is the least of our problems. He plays a position he is not suited for at all, and still does an okay job.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I agree this is the biggest weakness we have. Closest thing we have on our team is this:

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I agree this is the biggest weakness we have. Closest thing we have on our team is this:

Nah not 100% true. We havnt seen him do much of that in our colours so far. We have seen Sandro, Cancelo, Costa, Cuadrado do it a lot while here (and yes, I know they have also been on and off, just like Bernardeschi)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Not to jinx this, but guys.
It will be hilarious BUT possible that allegri thinks that our ECL dream is kind of bleak, he starts playing even more defensively in serie A to win the league unbeaten and prove his reputation.

Honestly, if we make it pass athletico, I say we change coach immediately and bring in zidane. Chelsea won their CL with coaches that come in half way through the season lol

I like allegri and what he did for us, but at this point, he has been disappointing when it comes to European biggest stages.

Barca final, he shouldn’t have played pirlo

Bayern Munich knock out, he brought on defensive pussy to concede us a goal at last minute

Real Madrid final,
Decent selection. But our team mentality always gets crushed after conceding first goal on big stages.

Real Madrid Knock out,
Did well to score three goals in berbabeau but returned to pussy tactics to concede last minute

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Great post.

- - - Updated - - -

giphy-downsized.gif

Dybala is a forward, 2nd forward who can be creative, and is good with freedom to move, but primarly an attacker whos main strength is his shooting, and has the skill on the ball but not the physique or speed to be that far away from goal, so needs to punish defenses just around the box, not run with it half the pitch.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)