[Serie A] Bologna 0-2 JUVENTUS (Dec. 6th 2013) (5 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
The system, as I intended it to be understood, doesnt mean 3-5-2 or anything else
With his imagination and skill even a 4-3-3 would miss several beats if we replaced him. You're selling the magnitude of things he bring very short and I dont understand why.
Yea but with the 4-3-3 we can have more play on the wings and play in a different style

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The system, as I intended it to be understood, doesnt mean 3-5-2 or anything else
With his imagination and skill even a 4-3-3 would miss several beats if we replaced him. You're selling the magnitude of things he bring very short and I dont understand why.
You'd think a player with such imagination and skill would offer more than 1 assist. I mean, we have two midfielders directly beside him who have 16 goals and 9 assists already. Perhaps Pirlo offers a great deal of imagination but there are other ways to score goals. No one will claim Llorente is creative in any way but right now we are using him correctly and directly and the result is effective football.

Trust me, I understand the work he does that doesn't result in goals or assists and I value it but the biggest problem his loss presents, IMO, is the fact that you might have to move Vidal or Pogba into his spot therefore taking them further away from the opponent's goal.

I have to say, I think Pirlo is overrated. He's still a good player but he's not someone who can impose his will on the match anymore. His performance is largely dictated by how often we can retrieve the ball for him and whether or not our opposition is happy to concede possession and time to us.

Right now, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez and Llorente are the players on our team who can trouble the top teams without requiring favourable circumstances IMO.

Now, if we try to replace Pirlo with Pogba or Vidal all we're doing is weakening our system at the DM position and the CM position (whoever fills in for Pogba or Vidal).

But perhaps an uptempo 4-3-3 with Asamoah/Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba in the middle and Mirko/Tevez/Gio on the wings can run over a few teams until January hits and either Pirlo returns or we can find some wingers.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You'd think a player with such imagination and skill would offer more than 1 assist. I mean, we have two midfielders directly beside him who have 16 goals and 9 assists already. Perhaps Pirlo offers a great deal of imagination but there are other ways to score goals. No one will claim Llorente is creative in any way but right now we are using him correctly and directly and the result is effective football.

Trust me, I understand the work he does that doesn't result in goals or assists and I value it but the biggest problem his loss presents, IMO, is the fact that you might have to move Vidal or Pogba into his spot therefore taking them further away from the opponent's goal.

I have to say, I think Pirlo is overrated. He's still a good player but he's not someone who can impose his will on the match anymore. His performance is largely dictated by how often we can retrieve the ball for him and whether or not our opposition is happy to concede possession and time to us.

Right now, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez and Llorente are the players on our team who can trouble the top teams without requiring favourable circumstances IMO.

Now, if we try to replace Pirlo with Pogba or Vidal all we're doing is weakening our system at the DM position and the CM position (whoever fills in for Pogba or Vidal).

But perhaps an uptempo 4-3-3 with Asamoah/Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba in the middle and Mirko/Tevez/Gio on the wings can run over a few teams until January hits and either Pirlo returns or we can find some wingers.
Yeah I completely agree. Pirlo is unique and nobody can fill his role that's why we should switch to a more winger based formation (be it 424/433/4231 idc tbh). Most top teams play without typical regista anyway. We'll have to do that sooner or later too.

That's why I'm calling for a new RWF all the time. Now people are shitting pants because we have no Pirlo and not that many options left. After the Udinese match I said "352 - Pirlo = no offensive threat" and that's true. Tevez alone won't make our game.

Jul 20, 2012

Totally agree and as far as tactics we could could continue longs balls if necessary. Even if Pirlo is a very important asset to the team as you stated with a different formation the players you rely on change. I would like to see a 4-3-3 with tevez and vucinic however I think it would be better if we played licht as almost a rwb with vucinic playing wide on the left and tevez with a free role. I think something like that could work so essientially we'd be playing a 3-4-3. Tevez to me doesnt offer enough on the wings.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
no pirlo? juve need to adjust now and we all know that conte loves a 4-2-4. so conte will hopefully go with his heart and go for:

Buffon
Litchsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Caceres/Asamoah
Vidal Pogba
Marchisio/Quags Llorente Tevez Vucinic/Giovinco​

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Guys,please do not underestimate Pirlo and his presence on the pitch.I would like him on every game .Please understand that Lichteiner would not start the game against Bologna according to Conte because he thinks that he is not fit for 90 minutes.And this would not be an easy game and win at all.Mark my words.We must be concentrated and clynical for the whole game .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Wow,wow like we are playing some Serie C team.I do not like this at all.Gala match is important but so equally is this .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not equally as important, because the CL is worth tens of millions + prestige. This is 3 points we have another 23 games to make up.

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Unfortunately we find ourselves in the point where we need a good result in the CL if we are to make money out of it. It has to take priority, if only in terms of long-term planning.

May 22, 2007
You'd think a player with such imagination and skill would offer more than 1 assist.
If you read football then you're doing a great job. Pirlo could have easily had 5 or 6 assists up to this point and you're simplifying his effect on the team with that. The thing I agree with you totally on is finding a plan B, because the Udinese match was an eye opener to how shaky Juve can look when Pirlo isn't around. The dependence on one player shouldn't be so obvious against an average Serie A team.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Called up:

GKs:
1 Buffon
30 Storari
35 Vannucchi

Def:
3 Chiellini
4 Caceres
5 Ogbonna
11 De Ceglie
13 Peluso
15 Barzagli
16 Motta
19 Bonucci
26 Lichtsteiner

Mid:
6 Pogba
8 Marchisio
20 Padoin
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
33 Isla

Forwards:
9 Vucinić
10 Tevez
14 Llorente
27 Quagliarella

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
not as much but with that weakened lineup i expect juve to win against a bologna team.
I agree the bigger importance of the Gala match just because of UEFA millions.Totally right.But just with that point.Other than that we can not afford to lose any points.Especcially because we play bad after Christmass and Roma game is something on 5 January and 3 points or 6 against Napoli are nothing.

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Called up:

GKs:
1 Buffon
30 Storari
35 Vannucchi

Def:
3 Chiellini
4 Caceres
5 Ogbonna
11 De Ceglie
13 Peluso
15 Barzagli
16 Motta
19 Bonucci
26 Lichtsteiner

Mid:
6 Pogba
8 Marchisio
20 Padoin
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
33 Isla

Forwards:
9 Vucinić
10 Tevez
14 Llorente
27 Quagliarella
No Giovinco?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)