[Serie A] Bologna 0-1 JUVENTUS [February 24th, 2019] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Another laboured victory. No game plan. No Identity. Just capitalising on the opposition's errors. Summary of Juve's 18/19 season in serie A.
The highlight of this season (for me) was Ronaldo's debut match. Add that first half in Manchester too, and there was not much left to remember. These days a serie A win feels the same as a draw, and, when we lose, I won't feel any different than after a win. There is no excitement, no joy or emotions. The first time I feel like this in the 20+ years of fanhood :(

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The highlight of this season (for me) was Ronaldo's debut match. Add that first half in Manchester too, and there was not much left to remember. These days a serie A win feels the same as a draw, and, when we lose, I won't feel any different than after a win. There is no excitement, no joy or emotions. The first time I feel like this in the 20+ years of fanhood :(
Do you think that lack of competition in Serie A is bad for the team when it comes to a big CL match? I'm sure the players feel it to some extent as well

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Do you think that lack of competition in Serie A is bad for the team when it comes to a big CL match? I'm sure the players feel it to some extent as well
It's not decisive, but it is bad. Atletico play at least 4 times a year against Barcelona or Real. We offer nothing that can surprise them. They are used to playing great teams that base their game on possession, quick passing, counter-attacking teams, teams that can defend etc. The same goes for Real and Barca. Real, for example, get a lot from frequent matches against top attacking or defensive teams like Barca and Atletico.
We do play against defensive teams. But those teams do not have attacking talent. We're not used to playing against top attacking teams.
And, of course, lack of competition gets you relaxed, less motivated to become more inventive and not as concentrated as required.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
No. Atletico tried in the first half, but couldn’t create shit. We could’ve done something about the second half, but we did nothing. I blame Allegri here. Especially him starting the best players only six days before this game.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I reckon so, personally. The other teams in Serie A are so bad that we can have absolutely woeful displays but still grind out victories due to the sheer quality of the individual players. I've seen a pattern in most of our goals. Usually, the opposing team fuck up somehow and we capitalise; not that we outplay them. We rarely play the other team off the park even when it's last in the table that we're facing at home.

Since the results remain positive: the main underlying issues get ignored and is then exposed in big CL encounters against "proper teams." Even people on this forum weren't acknowledging most of these problems till recently even though they've always been there from MatchDay1.

We rarely need to get out of 2nd gear to blow 90% of the league away and then our nearest "rivals" are 13 points behind. Even the average teams in la liga outside of Atletico, Barca, Real, Sevilla, Valencia, Sociedad, Betis are better than the average teams in serie A.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I reckon so, personally. The other teams in Serie A are so bad that we can have absolutely woeful displays but still grind out victories due to the sheer quality of the individual players. I've seen a pattern in most of our goals. Usually, the opposing team fuck up somehow and we capitalise; not that we outplay them. We rarely play the other team off the park even when it's last in the table that we're facing at home.

Since the results remain positive: the main underlying issues get ignored and is then exposed in big CL encounters against "proper teams." Even most of the problem weren't being acknowledged by anyone here for most of the season even though they were always there.

We rarely need to get out of 2nd gear to blow 90% of the league away and then our nearest "rivals" are 13 points behind. Even the average teams in la liga outside of Atletico, Barca, Real, Sevilla, Valencia, Sociedad, Betis are better than the average teams in serie A.
This has been the case for the last few years, the usual stooges defend our "results" and shout down anyone who dares to question how we play because it's clear our style and tempo would never win us a Champions League (look at the 2 finals we made, particularly the last). We have been hiding behind our Serie A results for years, but in CL we get embarrassingly found out year after year. Even with Ronaldo we were impotent against Ateltico, and even Bolonga today.

I believe a lot of it comes down to the conservative coaching that Italians have been dishing out for the last few decades, stuff that use to work in the 80's and 90's, but it was obviously hopelessly out of date since the early 2000's.

yuvay

Apr 2, 2018
After watching this game, were in trouble, if this team shows up on march 13th, you can forget about beating Athletico. I think were getting tired, chemistry is really off.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
It's hilarious that we have matuidi in our midfield. I tried to be patient with him for the past 1.5 years but his technical level is really weekend pub football league standard.

Below are the players who has equal energy with better technique than him:
Perrerya
Lemina
Studraro (see that word play)

And we let them all go.....and spent air tickets, resources, time, and fund to chase matuidi for two years.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
That's my state too. We've played like 60% of this season already and I haven't really enjoyed anything. Though I've watched all matches anyways because I am an addict. There were some nice moments but it's supposed to be much more exciting. The league is forever stagnant that's why I perfectly understand Andrea Agnelli's intentions to create superleague or have a new CL format to have more European matches. Against Bologna we looked soulless, disinterested, unmotivated, bored and etc, still got 3 points and went back home. This is routine for us and that isn't helping.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
That's my state too. We've played like 60% of this season already and I haven't really enjoyed anything. Though I've watched all matches anyways because I am an addict. There were some nice moments but it's supposed to be much more exciting. The league is forever stagnant that's why I perfectly understand Andrea Agnelli's intentions to create superleague or have a new CL format to have more European matches. Against Bologna we looked soulless, disinterested, unmotivated, bored and etc, still got 3 points and went back home. This is routine for us and that isn't helping.
We'd be the most boring nonchalant team in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)