[Serie A] Atalanta 2-5 Juventus, Nov 7th, 2009 (8 Viewers)

Atalanta - Juve [Matchday 12] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Caceres

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Diego

• Giovinco

• Camoranesi

• Trezeguet

• De Ceglie

• Immobile

• Ferrara

• Morganti

• Conte's Magically Appearing Hairline

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Decent game from the team although would've liked if it was more comfortable considering we scored twice before they even got a sniff, but overall good game considering we are playing away to an attacking team and we restricted them to two chances ( and as Red said they were two well taken goals).

Its good to see camo back to his best. Its just delightful seeing him play like that, lets hope he doesn't get any injuries to hamper this run.

Many mentioned Poulsen who was good in covering and the same for Melo who is playing better every game. Felipe seems to be better suited in having a bigger role than covering the back line. Still needs to increase his concentration, doesn't matter how many balls he retrieved, if hes going to send right back to the opposition to create a counter.

Caceras is also improving defensively i thought. He didn't go running like a madman as much as he did before (especially in the beginning of the season) which is promising. He still needs to up his game defensively though, Valdez gave a very hard time in the second half.

I agree with Swag that we conceded because the defense was pushing up, i think its the first goal that you saw both Chiellini and Canna near the half way line instead of dropping deep. Thats an interesting strategy, I'm not a big fan of it for every game because then you are susceptible against better attacking teams.

Finally I thought Trezi had a very good game. We must consider the system while evaluating the striker imo. Whoever it is, this system will favor the midfielders more but credit to trezi who was involved in more than expected with neat layoffs and passes with a great deal of hustle to help the midfield. He was close to everything good we had taking up good positions. The only negative were the offsides especially the one with has cancelled goal as he could've done better. But overall congrats on reaching the record and if he keeps playing like this i have no doubt he will break it easily and reach another milestone.

Now lets take a break, get the injured players back and play on from there.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #366
    And I agreed with Ciro's reaction: given our situation, our chances of winning were better with a higher scoreline than a lower one.
    He mentioned that the formation's risks is to force the opponent on long balls that might leave the defenders exposed. This usually causes a high scoreline game.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
    Oct 16, 2007
    Stats !

Ball possession
    Juventus 51.8% - Atalanta 48.2%

Passes
    Juventus 417 (80.34%) - Atalanta 388 ( 72.42%)

Shots on target
    Juventus 6 - Atalanta 3

Shots off target
    Juventus 4 - Atalanta 5

Shots blocked
    Juventus 6 - Atalanta 0

Corners
    Juventus 4 - Atalanta 2

Cross
    Juventus 30 - Atalanta 23

Fouls Suffered
    Juventus 10 - Atalanta 19

Intresting stats :

Flipe melo : 73 passes (83.56%) -
    Poulsen : 50 passes (86.00%) -
    Diego :48 passes (79.17%) - 4 cross ( 1 correct) 3 shots ( 1 on target) - 1 goal
    Camo: 44 passes (75.00%) - 5 cross( 2 correct) - 4 shot (3 on target) - 2 goal

+ Trez had 2 Shots, one goal !

Passing directions :

Attacking directions :

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    Even though it was 5-2, I was tense for long periods in the second half especialy but I love the result. When we play this formation, Camo,Diego & Gio r incredibly vital and even if one of them has an average game (like Gio had yesterday),we can still pull through

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Player Ratings...

Billy Buffon.
    Not much chance on either goal conceded, other than which he was rarely flustered, solid when called upon. Made no Superman saves. 7.

Grosso
    Lovely assist for one of Camo's goal, but other than that, his distribution wasn't great and he was caught out badly for their second. Made one, gave one way.6

Caceres
    Easier to forgive for losing his man once and gifting the fuckers a goal, due to his age, and lack of experience in our league. His movement forward it lovely and I can easily see him and his south american buddy Camo forming a decent line of strength down the left flank, if given time and patience. He is fleet footed, brave, adventurous but lacking tactical nous. Encouraging....6.5

Chiellini
    SOlid performance from Kong. Gave nothing away, foraged forward often, kept things moving, no errors, won almost all aerial battles. 8

Cannavaro
    Its pleasing to have a cool, calm, mature head in the back line. His composure was assured throughout. We can have at least one wicked season from the baby faced thug...7.

Poulsen
    Calm, confident, kept his passing simple and made some decent interceptions. One of the least error ridden performances so far for him in a bianconeri jersey...solid.7

Melo
    Managed not to gift the opposition any goals, and despite a few misplaced passes in the final third, he was sporadically beastly, peaking when he scored that blistering drive from 20 yards out. If the keeper had got his hand to that he would have lost his fingers. And rightly so...Melo is improving, 7.5

Camo
    Sticking in the richest vein of form I have seen of the argie swine for many moons. Took both his goals beautifully, especially the second, linked up well with caceres and diego. Was instrumental in most of our best offensive movement. Also chased back more to help out Caceres, than I usually see him do with Goblin...perhaps they are friends. 9.

Giovinco
    Disappointing. Showed enthusiasm, but not much else. We need more from him than liveliness, to justify both the formation and his continued inclusion. 6.

Diego
    His ability on the ball reminds me of a young Zidane, very rarely conceding possession, always finding a man when he passes, covering a lot of ground for an attacking midfielder. His goal was class...Promising. 8

Trez
    I was as always, so happy when he scored...which he did in typical trez style, when everyone was ready to cast his performance to the wayside as another anonymous showing, but wait a second...ITS IN....bravo frogman. I still love him...and he still loves to score. His trademark, wide eyed, child smile is most welcome to my screen...7.5

SUBS
    De Ceglie
    Not much time, but helped to create Trez's instinctive finish when he completely spooned his own attempt to shoot. 6

Immobile
    As if Ciro hear me, Ferrara not the youngster, the free scoring youth star looked excitable and hard to handle...though...by this point, Atalanta were DEAD...commendable cameo. 7

We were clearly of a higher technical class that our opponents. And it wasn't really until they worked out that we had Caceres and Grosso playing, and therefore our flanks were vulnerable, that they gave us any real trauma...Of course I felt a little edgy when they pulled a goal back, twice...but we maintained our spirit, and kept on controlling the tempo, calmly, had a few goals rightly disallowed, but popped in three more which counted...2-5 seems a little harsh, but to be fair, it could have been more, despite the fact that we didnt play amazingly well.

This performance was definite improvement over the last two games. The spirit in the camp seems to have steadied. Belief is running through the team, from back to front...and with Momo, Marchiso, DP and Amauri to return over the coming 4 weeks, to the first team, I am once again excited and optimistic.

Man of the Match...Camo.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Just a few things I noticed and was wondering if anybdoy else did.

1. As a Unit our Back four is terrible when compared to other areas. Yes Giorgio is a rock, but he isn't maturing as fast a I had expected. Traitor has oodles of experience and that makes up for his lack of pace most of the time, but he ghot away with a fair few fouls yesterday. Grosso, well he's really just a stop-gap isn't he? I'm sure he'll do well for that but he's not exactly a starter for any top team. Kack was better than Grygera but again he belongs at a team of Lazios stature. I reckon if we had been able to field and ill go broken record here,
    Zebina-Kjaer-Chiellini-Criscito it would have been 5-0.

2.Poulsen is starting to impress me sitting in front of the back for, If he keeps it up he should stay with the club.

3.Giovinco, although imensely talented, bought many fouls and failed to do his normal individual brilliance last night. Diego is starting to get some form back thanks mostly to the god that is Camoranesi providing him with a 100% guaranteed chance creation if Diego gets the ball to him.. However, and I must stress that this is just a niggle, 22.5M pound for what we've got so far this season is not a good return, not yet anyway.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    I pretty much agree on the first 2 points, our defence just isn't good enough right now, the main problem there being the fullbacks, nothing new there. For both goals our fullbacks got skinned, although both goals for Atalanta were pretty damn good so it wasn't so that they both blundered.

Had we had FBs who have a brain and realise what good positioning can do ( Caceres ) or more agile and just better defensively ( Grosso ) those goals could've been avoided. It's like they're both wingers, not fullbacks.

Poulsen seems to do better just sitting infront of defence destroying the opposition's play and keeping it simple. I got annoyed a bit yesterday because both Melo and Poulsen gave away a few too many balls trying to be creative. When they realise their role in the team and play more effectively, I see no problem with having Poulsen as a backup if he keeps this up. :tup:

Diego though, works harder and creates more than you give him credit for imo. He works his ass off and always connects our midfield and forwards, we'd look alot more static without Diego as our AMC. The team is gelling and getting used to our new formation and Diego seems to be getting better by the game, so I think all things are slowly falling into place. I expect a bit more when it comes to pure flair n creativity, but I have no doubt him and the rest of the team will only improve now. I think he's already a really important part in our 4-2-3-1.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Diego though, works harder and creates more than you give him credit for imo. He works his ass off and always connects our midfield and forwards, we'd look alot more static without Diego as our AMC. The team is gelling and getting used to our new formation and Diego seems to be getting better by the game, so I think all things are slowly falling into place. I expect a bit more when it comes to pure flair n creativity, but I have no doubt him and the rest of the team will only improve now. I think he's already a really important part in our 4-2-3-1.
    Maybe more, but not yet enough I think. I just expect overall value for money and this year statistically speaking I expect at least this from Diego:

An overall agreed rating of 8/10
    12-15 Goal
    12-15 Assists

Had we payed 10M for him my expectations would be halved and so on so forth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)