[Serie A] Atalanta 2-5 Juventus, Nov 7th, 2009 (12 Viewers)

Atalanta - Juve [Matchday 12] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Caceres

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Diego

• Giovinco

• Camoranesi

• Trezeguet

• De Ceglie

• Immobile

• Ferrara

• Morganti

• Conte's Magically Appearing Hairline

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i don't like this attitude of the fans, we expect Roma, Genoa and so on to win scudeto for us. We shall only play good and look at our self win all the remaining matches. Fuck Inter.
What do you mean? It's part of the game. You win, you hope your rivals loose points. Don't try to convince me that you spend the whole season watching Juve matches and ignoring the rest and their schedule.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Buffon 5.5

Caceres 4
Cannavaro 6
Chiellini 6
Grosso 5.5

Melo 6
Poulsen 6.5
Camoranesi 7.5
Diego 7
Giovinco 6.5

Trezeguet 5.5

Ferrara 6.5

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
What do you mean? It's part of the game. You win, you hope your rivals loose points. Don't try to convince me that you spend the whole season watching Juve matches and ignoring the rest and their schedule.
no that's not my point! I want them to loose too, but the fact is that, we drop points to bologna and fiorentina home on saturday then we expect inter to drop points to other teams as we did. If we play this we shouldn't care at all about inter cos for sure we will win scudeto. but if we play crap like the games vs bologna and so on, forget about scudeto

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
if we had ranieri, he would sub on molinaro for diego and grygera for camo after their second, our mentality has changed a bit IMO and that´s the way to go.

Ciro has faith in this lineup, we still need time to adapt, sad but true but this is the way the big teams win tournaments - sometimes average football but a win.

congrats.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I was unfortunately unable to watch the game.
But I checked livescore after my own game, 2-5 is a good score:D
Watched the highlights, although we were struggling at the back sometimes, still a good performance

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
My ratings:

Buffon 5
Caceres 4.5
Chiellini 6.5
Cannavaro 6
Grosso 5.5
Melo 7.5
Poulsen 6.5
Camoranesi 8
Diego 7.5
Giovinco 6.5
Trezeguet 6.5

Mom Camoranesi

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A classic match of a good offense is sort of a patch for a bad defense. We got tattooed on the wings yet again -- thank you, fullbacks. But to their credit, it's not like Ciro gave them instructions to hold back and defend... they were clearly given instructions to head up field and cross in attack, leaving us exposed on the counterattack on numerous occasions. It's just that in one-on-one situations, Grosso's and Caceres' defending just isn't cutting it.

Once again, when Chiellini is sent forward to mix things up, good things happen. (Fourth goal being a perfect example.) You could say the adjustment Ciro made from Napoli was the acknowledgement that our fullbacks suck at defense, so may as well have them play as wingers.

Even so, it does make me wonder if a new tactic should be tried before the end of the season: Chiellini back to LB with Legro pairing with Cannavaro. And Grosso could be moved up to a left winger position.

5 goals is fine and nice compared to our drought weeks, though -- even if it sucks giving up two and keeping Atalanta in it. And funny I should be reading about Sivori this morning before the match when Trez matched his record. Trez should have rolled his socks down in tribute. ;)

Buffon - 5 - Not one of his better matches. Could have done more to interfere or slow down Atalanta this time, IMO.

Caceres - 5.5 - A decent offensive day marred by a poor defensive one.

Cannavaro - 6 - Some brave clearances. Kept the central defense in shape when Chiellini ran upfield.

Chiellini - 7 - Superb offensive contributions. At least kept our central defense from being the leaky hole.

Grosso - 6 - Like Caceres, many positives in attack but just as many negatives in defense. To his defense, he was asked to cover the length of the pitch. One-on-one, he should be so much better than that awful display. But his crosses in the box were key to opening this match up.

Poulsen - 6.5 - Spots of sloppy play in the first half. But overall I felt he played well and helped anchor our central defense.

Melo - 6 - Nice goal, but some dumb giveaways. The net rating is still positive.

Diego - 6.5 - Well-taken goal, but some poor shots. Our set piece team is so much weaker than we see with Del Piero -- or even Camoranesi. Otherwise, bonus credit for good ball distribution.

Camo - 8 - Fantastic. Great skill and style with the ball today. Two good goals (three in four days!) and a cross for another. MoM.

Giovinco - 5 - Got hunted down too easily, lost the ball under pressure, and couldn't get much of a pass or shot off without a deflection. Not one of his better days.

Trezeguet - 6 - Offsides way too often. But his Sivori-tying goal had a patented Trez finish.

Subs:

De Ceglie - 5.5 - Still not impressed with him this season. Ciro is either crazy, desperate, or both in continuing to sub him in.

Immobile - 6 - On for two minutes, but made an impact.

Coach:

Ferrara - 6 - Sticking with the attack to compensate for our defensive weaknesses at fullback paid off. It might not always do that, but it did the job.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
where can i download the full game? I am in atlanta international airport for the next two hours...if someone has a torrent link or something so i can stream or download the match. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)