[Serie A] Atalanta 2-2 JUVENTUS [October 1st 2017] (3 Viewers)

fuck serie a

• Mandzukic

• Higuain

• VAR

• Spinazzola

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Atalanta are a good team, very aggressive and pretty dirty, move the ball quickly and have one gnome who often makes the difference. But at 2-0 even with a dive and all the VAR nonsense it's three points dropped.

Didn't like the way we dealt with the game in periods. We ended up playing their game because we didn't utilise the ball well. Dybala's had two poor games now but last season he was having 4 or more where he looked very similar to today. If it's a fitness issue then it's something that needs work. That penalty was a side issue, it was absolute crap and not like his other penalties. Glorious chance wasted though.

Their two goals could have ended totally differently but they deserved them tbh.

Talking about having penetrating wingers not playing isn't something I agree with for this one. Hateboer and Spinazzola are very mobile and nullify the thread to a large extent. Cuadrado and Douglas Costa look like falling to pieces under any kind of intense pressure on them, so I can see why Allegri went with Bernardeschi from the start (Mandzukic is obvious). Having said that Mandzukic looked tired/disinterested after his goal was disallowed. Berna blew out, obvious. Cuadrado LW and Costa what, AM, RW as subs? At that point we were trying things to confuse markers.

Look, there are issues at the moment because we don't have the midfield personnel to control the ball as we'd like. We've got a rookie and Matuidi, both very useful players in their own right but in this sort of game it's difficult. Then the match conditions went away from us after a brilliant start, yet we still balls up the chance to win the game. It happens. Atalanta played like madmen, their usual game but with 10% extra. It's Juve in town. We ended up with the same result as last season.

International break, yay. Two weeks of whining.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We really need to improve when things don't go our way. We rarely pull any comeback, and when we trail in Europe we capitulate 9 times out of 10. Time to practice in Serie A.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
VAR is a complete farce because the refs have no idea when they should use it or not. It seems like there are no clear guidelines around it, they just wing it basically. It should be like cricket or tennis where each team has a limited amount of referrals. If VAR finds the ref made a wrong decision you keep your referral, if the ref had made the right decision you lose a referral.
That said penalty shouldnt have stood. It was funny how confident ref was and he simply after that couldnt go back and change decision eventhough it would have been the right thing to do.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
We really do. It's worrying that we can't react when teams score against us.
We did tho, scored 1-3 as reaction to first goal, won some chances and a penal as reaction to 2-2. The truly worrying part, for me, is the defense. With skinny leg gone we've lost more than most ppl are willing to admit

frick

Apr 4, 2010
It was on his lower shoulder. That cannot be a pk. Most surprising of all is giving it despite taking a 2nd look.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Upper arm, lower shoulder... the main thing is he moved his arm to the ball which was a stupid thing to do. I think it's 50-50 and maybe the ref saw what we didn't see. I'm waiting for the replay.

Without this incident the refereeing was poor anyway, probably our worst of this season yet.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's just one of those games. Usually we have 1 or 2 a year where we deserve a win and don't get it. Usually Napoli and Roma will have 4 or 5 like this and that's the difference.

I still thought we played well. It comes down to Dybala's penalty for 3 points and he misses. We still could have easily had 4 goals away to Atalanta which is not easy.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Exactly! What about the rest of us fans and random people watching the game on tv? This is a game which rules shouldn't be touched. Var is an individual sport solution and never a team based one!
And to add to that, the ref really shouldn't be reviewing his own decision while he has 10 players around him screaming at him. It should be a third umpire who has fresh and impartial eyes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We did tho, scored 1-3 as reaction to first goal, won some chances and a penal as reaction to 2-2. The truly worrying part, for me, is the defense. With skinny leg gone we've lost more than most ppl are willing to admit
Both their goals was due to us failing with passes from the back. So we defenitely big time miss the safety and control he gave them by passing our way from initial pressure.

Plus Benatia is worse defender then him at this state.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Upper arm, lower shoulder... the main thing is he moved his arm to the ball which was a stupid thing to do. I think it's 50-50 and maybe the ref saw what we didn't see. I'm waiting for the replay.

Without this incident the refereeing was poor anyway, probably our worst of this season yet.
Look at the replay.

It hit his shoulder. Shoulder cannot be a hand ball offense.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #159
    There was controversy when Mario Mandzukic thought he’d scored for 3-1, but it was disallowed when VAR confirmed Lichtsteiner elbowed Gomez in the face for a yellow card.

“If the referee saw the elbow and awarded a foul, then it should’ve been a red card. He smashed me in the face! There was blood. Hopefully VAR can be more useful for the referees.

:touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)