[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (65 Viewers)

vippy84

Oct 22, 2005
I have a feeling Juventus will not win this match...
But I hope they will win! I dont care who they are fielding.. I hope Juve will win tomorrow...
I hate Roma and their captain especially... for saying those kind of words... Totti is not a real man.. What can u expect?? Why is he still in National Team of Italy?? he should be banned from Italian national team since the day when he spat on a Danish midfielder in Euro 2004...
Totti is a quality player but his attitude is like scum... I hope he will eat his own words sooner or later...
Go Juve...
We will win... like what Zlatan Ibra said earlier!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
vippy84 said:
I have a feeling Juventus will not win this match...
But I hope they will win! I dont care who they are fielding.. I hope Juve will win tomorrow...
I hate Roma and their captain especially... for saying those kind of words... Totti is not a real man.. What can u expect?? Why is he still in National Team of Italy?? he should be banned from Italian national team since the day when he spat on a Danish midfielder in Euro 2004...
Totti is a quality player but his attitude is like scum... I hope he will eat his own words sooner or later...
Go Juve...
We will win... like what Zlatan Ibra said earlier!!!
i don't hate totti but i only hate the way he deal with juve. for italy we do love him to get azzurri to the next round in world cup.

if juve couldn't win this match at leaste not loose it:tdown:

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I believe that we can win this, I dont care if we are the best or not its not what Juve is about, Its about who wants to win more than the other its about our spirit this game could be a re-birth or an official death, i hope that the lads will play their hearts out tomorow till the very end if they do that then we will win no doubts.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello calm before the storm Friday 18 November, 2005

Category: General

Juve Coach Fabio Capello has moved to calm the rising tensions ahead of his side’s match with Roma by saying something nice about Francesco Totti. "I wish him and his new-born child all the best," he said.

Capello has been the target of open criticism from Totti, who accused him this week of not being a "true person."

Indeed, the Roma skipper went on to say that he would never play for the Coach - with whom he won a rare capital Scudetto - ever again.

Don Fabio, though, rose above the rancour by wishing the Giallorossi playmaker all the best for his newly-found fatherhood.

"I wish Totti, his wife Ilary and their new-born son, Cristian, all the best," he said.

Capello then went on to speak fondly of his five years at Roma, which he thoroughly enjoyed, before referring to the recent words of Milan veteran Billy Costacurta to explain why he left the club.

"Costacurta said something very shrewd," he revealed. "After several years a Coach is no longer able to motivate his team.

"That is because the players know you too well – they know everything off by heart – so I had to leave in my fifth year."

The Juve boss did, however, point out that a tactician cannot do it all on his own and added that a team with a long-serving tactician also needs players with leadership qualities in order to succeed. A subtle dig at captain Totti, perhaps?

"If there are no leaders to help you out in the dressing-room, it is also hard to motivate players," he concluded.

source: channel4.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
This is what will happen

- Roma fans will be agitated
- Cufre will be sent off for being a container truck in the pitch that runs onto every Juve player
- Totti sent off for being a crybaby/violent conduct, or both
- Another rugby game in the going
- Zlatan headbutting some1, most probably Cufre
- Emerson and Capello having to listen to the jeers
- Roma fans throwing sh!t on the ground when after a controversal decision that goes against them

This is the punishment after the game
- Zlatan - 2 match ban
- Cufre 3 game ban
- Totti 5 game ban
- Roma have to play in an empty stadium again

:) :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ZhiXin said:
This is what will happen

- Roma fans will be agitated
- Cufre will be sent off for being a container truck in the pitch
- Totti sent off for being a crybaby/violent conduct, or both
- Another rugby game in the going
- Zlatan headbutting some1, most probably Cufre
- Emerson and Capello having to listen to the jeers
- Roma fans throwing sh!t on the ground when after a controversal decision

- Zlatan - 2 match ban
- Cufre 3 game ban
- Totti 5 game ban

:) :D
i could live with that:agree:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Panucci appreciates Capello Saturday 19 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Francesco Totti aims another broadside at the Juve boss, Christian Panucci assures he’ll shake Fabio Capello’s hand this evening.

“Personally, I admire Capello a great deal,” said the Roma defender ahead of tonight’s bitter showdown at the Stadio Olimpico.

“People here see him as a traitor, but I will greet him with affection. He is the Number One Coach. I agree that a game like this should be honoured and treated with respect. The whole world is watching.”

The encounters between the two clubs have never been friendly, but the rapport has rapidly deteriorated since Capello made the shock switch from Roma to Juventus last summer.

“We are on form going into this tie and are fired up,” added Panucci. “We realise that no team is invincible. We’ll look for their weak points and must put in the perfect performance.”

Giallorossi captain Totti has been leading the chorus of insults aimed at Capello and former teammates Jonathan Zebina and Emerson.

“I expect a great victory in front of our fans,” he told Roma Channel. “We will win and make the Giallorossi supporters happy. My favourite edition of this fixture was the game we won 4-0 in February 2004.”

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Cassano dropped for Juve clash Friday 18 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite hinting that he’d bring him out of the cold for tomorrow’s match with Juventus, Luciano Spalletti has left Antonio Cassano at home again.

The Roma starlet has been frozen out of the squad for most of the season due to a contract dispute and there were reports he’d make his comeback against the club he is expected to join next term.

However, Cassano’s name does not feature in the squad list for Saturday’s big game in Serie A against Juve at the Stadio Olimpico.

The ex-Bari man, who cost £20m in 2001, has not played in a Giallorossi jersey since October 2, when he lasted the entire 90 minutes against Siena.

He has recovered from an ankle injury, scoring a brace in a test with the Roma youth squad last week, so the refusal to bring him along is purely a disciplinary one.

Coach Spalletti had teased the Press today with his statements. “I will only decide whether or not to call up Cassano for the Juve game at the end of training today.”

Cristian Chivu is the other absentee, as he is both suspended and picked up an injury on international duty with Romania.

Vincenzo Montella is again expected to start upfront, supported by the trio of Francesco Totti, Rodrigo Taddei and Amantino Mancini.

Roma squad: Alvarez, Mancini, Aquilani, Bovo, Cufre, Curci, Dacourt, De Rossi, Doni, Eleftheropoulos, Mexes, Kharja, Kuffour, Montella, Nonda, Panucci, Perrotta, Taddei, Tommasi, Totti

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Ibra: Roma as bad as Ascoli Friday 18 November, 2005

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has entered the verbal battle with Roma with an almighty put-down for the side Juventus face on Saturday night. "It’ll be like playing Ascoli," he scoffed.

Ibrahimovic is not known for an easy-going nature and, with all the fighting talk having so far emanated from the capital, the big Swede has decided to reply on behalf of his teammates with a few verbal punches of his own.

"On Saturday we will win," he declared. "We are better than them."

The Giallorossi have been fanning the flames of antagonism all week, in an attempt to draw the Bianconeri into a psychological battle before the real one begins at the Stadio Olimpico tomorrow night.

Francesco Totti has had disparaging words to say about Juve Coach Fabio Capello, under whom he served for five years, and Leandro Cufrè added a few choice words of his own yesterday.

Remaining unapologetic for hitting Alessandro Del Piero in last season’s volatile clash, the Argentine hard man also encouraged Roma fans to welcome the Turin giants with open hostility.

Most Juve players have refused to react to the comments and attempted to remain above any Giallorossi jibes, but Ibra has waded in, in true confrontational fashion. For the 24-year-old, Roma’s aggressive attitude is a sign of insecurity.

"Playing Roma is like playing Ascoli," he added. "There are no easy games in Italian football, but I certainly won’t be losing any sleep tonight."

One man who might be suffering from insomnia is Capello. The competitive former Roma boss will be quietly determined to prove a point to certain disrespectful former employees, but is concerned about the condition of his players.

No fewer than 14 Juventus stars have been away on international duty and only just returned from exhausting trips around the world.

Pavel Nedved was notably weary after returning from his World Cup qualifying exploits, although he is expected to play.

Roma, on the other hand, had just six players representing their countries in the recent break.

Of those, only Daniele De Rossi and Francesco Totti are first-team regulars and the Roma captain missed both Italy matches anyway due to a minor injury - from which he has since fully recovered.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Let`s give them the answer on the field and beat them. I could not stand seeing them win after all the things they said. They will be very motivated but our players will also be very motivated. Our players have to win for Juventus and for the millions of juventus fans who hate the Roma!!! FORZA JUVE!!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ZhiXin said:
This is what will happen
- Zlatan - 2 match ban
- Cufre 3 game ban
- Totti 5 game ban
You mean they've actually had home matches where their fans have been allowed to show up? :lol:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Roma will be more motivated than us,
we are one of their most hated enemy,
they want revenge,
Totti will motivate them,even threaten them,
they want to proove themselves against the best Italian tean,
the champions and one of the best teams in europe,
they live for this kind of matches,
Roma is a kind of team that they may play one good match/year and be proud of it,
they have nothing to loose,a draw means little to them,
they want this win more that the want those 3points
and they are on form and rested

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This will be a draw. Roma don't have what it takes to win and Juventus are having a dip of form. I also believe that Capello's probable choice to bench Del Piero is wrong in this game.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not sure I get it. I'm all for not underestimating the competition as much as the next juventino. But "on form"?

They beat a crappy Messina, who has been in a tailspin this season. Squeak out a victory against Ascoli in stoppage time. And almost blow a three goal lead against Inter. If Juve did that, it would be called a day at the office -- hardly good form.

Especially in light of their prior matches: getting cleansheeted in a loss at a 10-man Empoli, losing to 10-man Siena at home, and a 0-0 draw against sputtering Cagliari. (You can toss out the draw in the derby match with Lazio, as form factors even less in those matches.)

This is the worst Roma side we've seen in a while. Yes, they are still dangerous and capable of winning. Particularly if we play like we did against Milan or Bayern not so long ago. But this time we have Vieira back, and Chivu and Cassano are ruled out. Not to get cocky, but I'm not exactly sweating bullets over this one other than the media circus angle.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well, this is always a heated affair. You can't really rely on current form whenever these two teams face each other.

When these two teams face each other on the pitch, it's like a whole new tournament, and every game is a final. Playing against Juve somehow always spurs Roma to up their game, because they hate us so much. And no matter how shitty they are on paper, you really have to remain focused if we want to beat them.

With quality players like Cassano, Totti, Mancini, and De Rossi on their squad, you have to be focused on winning. No matter how shitty they are (as the table suggests) and how unprofessional they behave, they can cause problems for us on a good day.

We just have to remain focused that's all. A trip to the Capital has never been a walk in the park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)