[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (53 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Anyone wanna do a fan vs fan for goal.com? I already have a Roma fan up and I need a Juve fan. Anyone willing to do it can PM me please :)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Antonio Cassano will not make his Roma comeback against Juventus on Saturday, according to reports in Italy.

Despite rumours to the contrary and Cassano’s return to training with the youth team – where he has worked hard and played exceptionally well – the contract rebel will remain out in the cold this weekend.

The news will come as a disappointment to Roma fans, who were hoping that their skilful striker would return to face the side against whom he has already managed to score four times.

It had been thought that the softening of Coach Luciano Spalletti’s attitude in Cassano’s regard, would see him play his ace card in the much-anticipated clash at the Stadio Olimpico.

However, club Secretary Rosella Sensi is still not on speaking terms with the player she openly branded a "bare-faced liar" last month and Roma have, in fairness, been playing well in his absence by winning their last three matches in a row.

For their part, Juventus have publicly encouraged the return of the 24-year-old. Director general Luciano Moggi, for one, is in favour of making the spectacle all the more watch-able.

"If Roma play Cassano against us, they are doing the right thing," he said. "Because it would improve the spectacle and, at Juve, we are always in favour of entertainment."

It seems that if Moggi really wants to see the Cassano show hit the road, he will have to try to bring him to Turin in January.

Meanwhile, Cristian Chivu is expected to miss the Juventus game after he returned from international duty with an injury.

The Romanian defender has been told that he will need to rest for two days as a result of a slight thigh problem.

anyway chivu is still suspended.

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
Chivu just had an interview on Romanian Tv, he said he was injured and out for 5 days, defineatly out for the Saturday game

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
after two solid enough displays for the azzurri and the fact that he has been called back into the international set up should see a confident abbiatti in goal against roma.

he is expierenced and should be able for the hostile atmosphere while i think the inexpierienced doni in the roma goal is a weak enough keeper and the occasion will affect him in his biggest ever match.

imo even on goalkeepers juve have an advantage

will bojinov start against milan, his career has stalled a bit at the viola

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Czech Republic ace Pavel Nedved does not envisage seeing out his contract with Juventus.

Nedved has been at Stadio Delle Alpi since 2001 and is under contract with the Italian champions until 2008.

But the 33-year-old playmaker has suggested that he will be retiring from football before the completion of his Juventus deal.

There have also been whispers that Nedved could quit after next summer's World Cup finals and he remained coy about that possibility.

"Possibly," replied Nedved when asked if the World Cup would be his last major tournament.

"But let's see what happens.

"I still have two-and-a-half years on my contract in Juventus, but I don't believe I will fulfil it."

Nedved has recently returned to the Czech fold after a year in international retirement and played a role in seeing off Norway in a World Cup play-off.

The success hands Nedved the chance of playing in the World Cup for the first time in his career and it is a date he intends to keep.

He added to Idnes: "It is logical [that I will go to Germany if I am fit].

"I am one of the older players and I thought that I would never play in the World Cup finals.

"But now I am very glad we are not the lost generation and that we will be there."

from skysports.com

May 20, 2005
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pls!!

++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
Czech Republic ace Pavel Nedved does not envisage seeing out his contract with Juventus.

Nedved has been at Stadio Delle Alpi since 2001 and is under contract with the Italian champions until 2008.

But the 33-year-old playmaker has suggested that he will be retiring from football before the completion of his Juventus deal.

There have also been whispers that Nedved could quit after next summer's World Cup finals and he remained coy about that possibility.

"Possibly," replied Nedved when asked if the World Cup would be his last major tournament.

"But let's see what happens.

"I still have two-and-a-half years on my contract in Juventus, but I don't believe I will fulfil it."

Nedved has recently returned to the Czech fold after a year in international retirement and played a role in seeing off Norway in a World Cup play-off.

The success hands Nedved the chance of playing in the World Cup for the first time in his career and it is a date he intends to keep.

He added to Idnes: "It is logical [that I will go to Germany if I am fit].

"I am one of the older players and I thought that I would never play in the World Cup finals.

"But now I am very glad we are not the lost generation and that we will be there."

from skysports.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)