[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (21 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thuram ignores Roma jibes
Tuesday 15 November, 2005
Lilian Thuram has dismissed the ill-feeling dominating the build-up to Juventus’ visit to Roma on Saturday.

With the temperature already rising fully four days ahead of the visit of Fabio Capello’s men to the Eternal City, Thuram claims to be unaffected by the back-biting emanating from the Roma camp.

"We are a big side," said Thuram. "We manage to keep our concentration on the pitch, as big sides should do."

Thuram’s subtle dig at Roma, whose occasional indiscipline tends to manifest itself during high-pressure matches - such as the away game at Inter last month which saw Francesco Totti sent off for ungentlemanly conduct - may be designed to infuriate the Giallorossi still further.

"We don’t need controversy," added the France defender. "Roma can do what they want but we are concentrating on the Scudetto."

Totti openly criticised Capello and former Roma teammate Emerson in an interview recently, making no secret of his disdain for either, and his comments are sure to ramp up an already-excitable home crowd when the two return to the Stadio Olimpico this weekend.

"The match will be difficult because they have players like Totti and Antonio Cassano," said the Juve full-back. "Let’s just hope they respect the rules of the game and that they don’t adopt a bad attitude which can affect the crowd."

Roma are in a rich vein of form at present and could do without losing their focus themselves. Luciano Spalletti’s men have won three games on the spin and Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi knows they could really turn their season around by beating the Italian champions.

"It is never a normal match against Juventus," said De Rossi on Tuesday. "But we could do with a fourth win.

"We will have to play well and not be affected by the two-week break. We want to perform well especially as it went pretty poorly last year."

Last year Juve won both meetings between the two sides, but De Rossi is confident that this time it will be a different story.

Indeed he feels that, despite Totti’s bad Press, his captain will rise to the occasion after scoring five goals in 10 appearances already this season.

"Now that he has become a father he will be a lot calmer," he added. "He’s already having a fantastic season."

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ThePLaya ] ++
if juve lost this match the Scudetto gone
I am not really sure how you can come to that conclusion...the season is still young and Milan still has to play us at the Delle Alpi and could easily drop more points than they would like to in the near future.

However, just as Milan can easily drop points, Juventus could do the same if we fall into a spell reminiscient of the one last season in which we lost two games in a row to Sampdoria and Palermo during Winter. I have a feeling a Winter slump will hit us again, however the ramifications of such a slump of course remain to be seen anf hopefully it will not affect us in the Champions League. We can afford to drop points in the Scudetto race, however in the Champions League there is no such thing as points after the group stage...all you drop is your life in the tournament.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The key to this match will obviously be shutting down Totti through the middle and taking the game to Roma...they are not the strongest club at the back and you know Romanisti will be fired up for this match with the "Doping: No grazie" nonsense on their shirts. We could easily hit back with something just as unclassy on our shirts, however our organization is above cheapshots such as that..

Capello will probably field his usual players on Saturday, and the question remains what will become of Camoranesi...hopefully they can both come to terms with each other because we need Mauro's talents on the right-wing instead of fielding Mutu out of position. Hopefully Nedved will continue on with his decent form after the last match and his International appearance for the Czechs this past week.

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by RochemBeck ] ++

I am not really sure how you can come to that conclusion
loll RochemBeck if i know that this topic will bring you back i won't' say that?

this thread started on 06.11.2005 and i could not find a reply for you except now:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Thuram ignores Roma jibes Tuesday 15 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilian Thuram has dismissed the ill-feeling dominating the build-up to Juventus’ visit to Roma on Saturday.

With the temperature already rising fully four days ahead of the visit of Fabio Capello’s men to the Eternal City, Thuram claims to be unaffected by the back-biting emanating from the Roma camp.

"We are a big side," said Thuram. "We manage to keep our concentration on the pitch, as big sides should do."

Thuram’s subtle dig at Roma, whose occasional indiscipline tends to manifest itself during high-pressure matches - such as the away game at Inter last month which saw Francesco Totti sent off for ungentlemanly conduct - may be designed to infuriate the Giallorossi still further.

"We don’t need controversy," added the France defender. "Roma can do what they want but we are concentrating on the Scudetto."

Totti openly criticised Capello and former Roma teammate Emerson in an interview recently, making no secret of his disdain for either, and his comments are sure to ramp up an already-excitable home crowd when the two return to the Stadio Olimpico this weekend.

"The match will be difficult because they have players like Totti and Antonio Cassano," said the Juve full-back. "Let’s just hope they respect the rules of the game and that they don’t adopt a bad attitude which can affect the crowd."

Roma are in a rich vein of form at present and could do without losing their focus themselves. Luciano Spalletti’s men have won three games on the spin and Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi knows they could really turn their season around by beating the Italian champions.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Totti refuses to be silenced Wednesday 16 November, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has no intention of backing down in his war of words with Juventus. "I will say what I want," blasted the unrepentant Roma captain.

With three days to go before the Giallorossi and Juve clash at the Stadio Olimpico, feelings are still running high in the capital.

For their part the Italian champions have tried to calm the growing tension in the build-up to this game.

Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram have attempted to play down any animosity ahead of Saturday night’s clash, while Vice-President Roberto Bettega said that Totti should have kept his thoughts to himself until after the match.

But Roma’s No 10 refuses to be silenced and has clearly not taken kindly to the advice offered from Turin.

"I will speak," insisted the striker last night. "I will say what I want. It is not for others to give me advice. I have my own mind and I will reason as I choose."

The Italy international, who left the Azzurri training camp injured last week but has since recovered for the visit of La Vecchia Signora, also repeated his ill feelings for Juve Coach Fabio Capello - whom he accused of not being a true person recently.

"I say the things that I believe are true and I can confirm what I said (about Capello)," he snapped.

With the in-form 29-year-old fit for what promises to be a tempestuous match in Rome, he is, needless to say, confident of beating Capello’s men.

"We will definitely win," he added

source: channel4.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Roma - Juventus

Stadio Olimpico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is always a heated encounter when Roma play Juventus and this match is set to be no exception as both sides have already declared verbal warfare on the other. Francesco Totti announced his dislike of former teammate Emerson and ex-Roma Coach Fabio Capello claiming that they "are not real men" for leaving the Giallorossi and then Lilian Thuram countered with a subtle dig at the opposition’s tendency to lose their head. This war of words has continued to escalate through repeated counter-attacks meaning that both teams will be going all out when they finally meet at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday evening.

With former Roma heroes like Emerson and Capello – who both won Lo Scudetto in the capital - in their ranks, the Bianconeri were always going to relish the chance to put one over on Roma, but this time the feeling will be more than mutual. The Giallorossi will surely see Juve as at least partly responsible for the Antonio Cassano fiasco due to their constant rumour stirring during the summer. After the problems that situation has caused they must see nothing as being more desirable than getting the win which could see La Vecchia Signora knocked off the top of the table for the first time this season.

They may once again have to do this without outcast Cassano, but their only other absentee is Christian Chivu as he is still suspended after being sent-off against Ascoli. Juve are shy of long-term injury victims Gianluigi Buffon, Alessandro Birindelli, Jonathan Zebina and Ruben Olivera. To add to their problems, the in-form Adrian Mutu will also have to watch this match from the treatment room.

Roma (probable): Doni; Panucci, Kuffour, Mexes, Cufrè; Perrotta, De Rossi; Mancini, Totti, Taddei; Montella

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This match is WAR.

Until the philosophy which hold one race superior
And another
Inferior
Is finally
And permanently
Discredited
And abandoned -
Everywhere is war -
Me say war.

That until the basic human rights
Are equally guaranteed to all,
Without regard to race -
Dis a war.

War in the east,
War in the west,
War up north,
War down south -
War - war -
Rumours of war.

Of good over evil -
Good over evil, yeah!
Good over evil -
Good over evil, yeah!
Good over evil -
Good over evil, yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)