[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (26 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Totti injury worries Italy
Thursday 10 November, 2005
Roma ace Francesco Totti may have to withdraw from the Italian national squad after picking up an injury in training.

Totti would be the second player to leave Coverciano this week after goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi had to quit the camp on Wednesday with a calf strain.

The absence of the Roma captain would come as a blow to Coach Marcello Lippi, who is preparing his side to play two international friendly matches against Holland and the Ivory Coast next week.

The No 10 strained a muscle while running with the Azzurri and may now return home to recuperate with his wife and his son, Christian, who is only a few days old.

Lippi has fielded three up front in recent matches and the loss of Totti would require the Viareggio-based tactician to switch systems.

The former Juventus maestro admitted last month that his preferred 4-3-1-2 formation could change to a 4-4-2 in the absence of the Giallorossi symbol.

Italy will also be sporting a new kit in the Amsterdam arena on Saturday. The away shirt is in traditional white but comes complete with a redesigned FIGC (Italian FA) logo.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
doubt totti's injury is very much i would imagine he just wants to spend some time with his wife and kid.

abbiatti should now start against holland, hope he has a good game,(No stupid mistakes) anthing else plus a clean sheet would be a bonus for his confidence.

if he plays well he has an outside chance of been third choice keeper for the world cup.

do you guys think cassano will sign the new contract offer?

OP
arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #145
    ++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
    doubt totti's injury is very much i would imagine he just wants to spend some time with his wife and kid.
    cant agree more

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    wonder will trez join up with the french squad for the match against germany.

against roma im expecting big performances from zlatan and mutu as they were given an international break,( suppose totti will be well rested too, unless the baby cries a lot at night, just like francesco will be after the juve match.):cheesy:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    i know that i just meant he should be in good form against us considering he will not play any internationals.

hopefully the viola will shock milan, and in frey they have a wonderfull keeper, better than coupet, cant believ he is not french number 1, but he does not even get called up for the squad.

plus the viola owe milan for last season didnt milan beat them 5 or 6 nil.

if juve win i think they will have at least a 4 point advantage at the top if not regaining the 5 point lead they had before

OP
    arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #151
    ++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
    wonder will trez join up with the french squad for the match against germany.

against roma im expecting big performances from zlatan and mutu as they were given an international break,( suppose totti will be well rested too, unless the baby cries a lot at night, just like francesco will be after the juve match.):cheesy:
    dont think mutu need a break anyway

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

dont think mutu need a break anyway
    i agree but given camo current problems and the fact that he is likely to feature in at least one game for the azzurri unless he produces something special for the national team, then capello will surley give mutu his first start in a really tough match.

plus the fact that mutu will be focused on the roma game preparing for the next week hopefully will give him the advantage.

hopefully cap will give mutu the chance to start and i certainly hope he takes it with both hands and finally start moving towards becomming a regular starter for juve.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
    going to be a very hostile atmosphere in rome, like last year they really hate us.

i remember the amount of fouls committed, does anyone have that statistic???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)