SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (4 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:sigh: i say it again... look what bloody happens when we start the match threads too early. Martin, maybe you should put a stop to this pettiness by just starting all the match threads and locking them, then unlocking them when the time's right

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #143
    I agree with you Zlatan. What's wrong with having a thread to post things in before the next match.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    true that... i guess it'd be hypocritical of me to accuse people of starting threads unnecessarily and taking them off-topic :cheesy:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    IM with you gray...we have nothing to talk,,and we make this threads looks like a hangout!!

@Martin: -5 grades????.....and im freezing with 20!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I agree, too much small talk in these threads ;)

Back to the game; Thuram today said that he is very tired mainly cos of little pre-season training he had. His only replacement would be Ferrara as both Pessotto and Birindelli are still returning from injury.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Actually it was mentioned in the Italian news that Lippi might be thinking of playing a 3 man defence with Ferrara-Montero-Iuliano.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    its not a bad idea...taking in consideration that if we will have an opportunity to dit is now that we are facing the "weakest" rival in serie A. oK, im not saying that this wil be a walk in the park, maybe they have some suprises for us.

BUt yes,,, a 3 man defense could be interesting to prove....and if the same thuram says that he is tired,,well let him rest.

BUt i don know if lippi could do this, i mean,, we all know Lippi. But this opportunity is tentative :)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    hmmm....3 man defence:

---------------------Buffon---------------------

-------Ferrara---Montero---Iuliano---------

Camoranesi---Appiah---Davids---Zambro

---------------------Nedved-------------------

----------------Miccoli---Di Vaio---------------

In this formation, Camo needs to do more defensive work and the defensive mids need to do less defending which is why I think Appiah and Davids can work.

It is an interesting tactical alternative to develop and its a good opportunity to exploit it against lowly Ancona.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    well, the problem is that we have 3 central defenders in that line up..and quick players could trash it,,,but thinking in ancona...maybe it can be done.

just take out iuliano and enter birindelli... or take out ferrara and enter pessoto...

i think that ferara did not a good job in the right

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    just take out iuliano and enter birindelli... or take out ferrara and enter pessoto...
    I believe both Birindelli and Pessoto are not ready yet .. so we might see Ferrara as right-back again :wallbang: :D

Anyway, even though we're playing Ancona I don't think it's time for tactical experiments, those are done during training sessions .. we need to win this match to go clear in Serie A and hopefully Milan drop some points against Lazio

It seems that Miccoli is finally fit .. his pace will be important against Ancona's slow defence, and he always seemed to play well against small teams with Perugia, compact pitches doesn't seem to intimidate him like it does to other players .. so its about time he scores his first official goal for Juve ..

I think Maresca should get a go and play more offensively - like he did with Piacenza - and thus take Neddy's position .. Enzo is superb in creating assists as he did with his great passing in previous matches .. he's also good at free-kicks, so he could come handy if we failed to score from open play ..

My suggested formation:

--------------------- Buffon -----------------------

---- Ferrara ---- Iuliano -- Montero ---- Zambro ----

---------------------- Tacchi ----------------------

----- Camo -------------------------- Davids -----

---------------------- Maresca --------------------

----------- Miccoli ---------------- Di Vaio -------

Legro, Thuram, Appiah, Neddy, and Trezeguet can all be rested for the Real Sociedad Champions League match ..

We only played twice against Ancona (in the 92-93 season) and both matches ended with wins for us :

Ancona-Juventus 0-1
    Juventus-Ancona 5-1

Ancona have only 1 point from a draw against Modena (1-1), they have lost the other 4 matches, scored only 2 goals and conceded 12.

Ancona's best players: Eusebio Di Francesco, Maurizio Ganz, Dario Hubner.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Nedved must be rested at all costs. I heard about Trezeguet being rested but didn't hear for sure if Neddy was gonna be rested or not.

that formation you put out dpforever looks perfect.

Maybe Zalayeta could get a run in the 2nd half depending on how things are.

all we need is a win of any kind and then hope for Lazio to take points off Milan :D

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    while playing Pessotto once admitted that the ball has touched him before going out, while the ref (Collina) said that it's a Juve's throw .. this happened in the dying minutes of the final Serie A match in the 2000-01 season (which Lazio won) agaisnt Perugia and we needed to pressure them badly and score, Collina then shook Pessotto's hand for his honesty !!
    dont remind me of the perugia match. that was the first time i ever cried because of a football match. :dontcare:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Maresca is going to play, but if both Miccoli and Di Vaio play (as will most probably happen) Camoranesi will not play, but Appiah will.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Before anyone says anything, I did not write this article :D Let's see who can spot the two mistakes this guy made in the article ;)

Miccoli Ready To Impress Again

Juventus forward Fabrizio Miccoli is ready to make his Serie A return almost a month after going under the knife to remove his appendix.

"I hope I can score my first goal with Juve on Saturday. If this doesn't turn out to be possible I will be glad to serve a nice assist to Marco Di Vaio," said Miccoli, who the Italian papers predict will get the start against Ancona this weekend.

"I am nearing my top form and my goal is to return to my preseason levels," added the former Lecce and Perugia wizard.

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
    1.Fabrizio Miccoli is ready to make his Serie A return . (he played against Reggina and Bologna).
    2.added the former Lecce and Perugia wizard. ( idon't think he played for Lecce).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)