SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (3 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Anyway, Zambro did well to admit his wrongdoing .. and when Mazzone was told what Zambro said, he said that he would like to hug him for his honesty .. this was yet another great episode of honesty from our players .. Del Piero was said to deliberetly miss a penalty against Chievo because he believed it was wrongly awarded to him .. while playing Pessotto once admitted that the ball has touched him before going out, while the ref (Collina) said that it's a Juve's throw .. this happened in the dying minutes of the final Serie A match in the 2000-01 season (which Lazio won) agaisnt Perugia and we needed to pressure them badly and score, Collina then shook Pessotto's hand for his honesty !!

any video on that :eek:... was it a decisive penalty or a 85th minute while we are leading 3-0?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
We were leading 2-1 if I remember correctly, but him missing the penalty on purpose is debatable. He shot it more or less like Figo shot his penalty against us; angled but weak. The goalkeeper guessed the right side, so if he had not guessed it, the ball would have gone in. After the match DP denied he shot it badly on purpose, but maybe he just did not want to show.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #63
    This is Gazzetta's probable line-up:

Buffon
    Thuram Legrottaglie Iuliano Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Tacchinardi Davids
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Miccoli

-----------
    I want Maresca and Di Vaio :(

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #65
    I spose things can change, but Gazzetta are usually very reliable.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    We were leading 2-1 if I remember correctly, but him missing the penalty on purpose is debatable. He shot it more or less like Figo shot his penalty against us; angled but weak. The goalkeeper guessed the right side, so if he had not guessed it, the ball would have gone in. After the match DP denied he shot it badly on purpose, but maybe he just did not want to show.
    Before shooting the penalty, Lupatelli and Alex had eye-to-eye contact and Alex pointed to his left (lupa's right) with his eyebrows .. and after his weak shot in that direction, Alex smiled on his way back .. He just didn't want to make it obvious and at the same time give Lupa some credit for saving the kick I believe ..

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    trez and micco sounds like something new lets give it a chance
    Trez and Micco had a chance against Bologna and they did not produce, but Di Vaio is in form so we should play him alongside Miccoli who hasn't had a real chance yet rather than Trez who's playing shit.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Before shooting the penalty, Lupatelli and Alex had eye-to-eye contact and Alex pointed to his left (lupa's right) with his eyebrows .. and after his weak shot in that direction, Alex smiled on his way back .. He just didn't want to make it obvious and at the same time give Lupa some credit for saving the kick I believe ..
    How exactly do you point with your eyebrows??? :confused:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++

How exactly do you point with your eyebrows??? :confused:

Especially without getting some sort of muscle spasm.

On the topic of RvN, my future brother-in-law, who is a huge Benfica fan (hehe) had actually called me to tell me that he had heard the same rumours, mind you, he doesn't surf the web and doesn't have the same type of access that we do. He had seen it on a Portugese soccer show at the Social Club where he tends bar on the weekend. Apparently, what they had heard was , get this:

RvN

for

Trez, Davids, and 65 million euros.

Apparently, Moggi is trying to get Christiano Ronaldo as well.

Now, before there are protests to ban me from this board, I don't have anything written, or a link to provide. Let me just say that first and foremost. I found it quite odd that he would call me out of the blue to tell me this.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

or maybe he smiled coz his reverse psychology didnt work.. :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

or maybe he smiled coz his reverse psychology didnt work.. :p
    :LOL: he could have been really tricky and just shot to the right :LOL:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

:rolleyes::fero::groan::eek:

Look. It's like I said, I don't have a link or anything like that.

I just found it VERY weird that he would call me and start the conversation with "So, you guys are trying to get Ruud from Man U??"

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Trez, Davids, and 65 million euros.
    That's kinda impossible seeing that RvN is worth 50m Euros and I`m sure Trez with his fame is worth at least 25 m.

I think a realistic amount would be Trez + 25m (or even less cos we're talking about a Serie A top scorer here).

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

That's kinda impossible seeing that RvN is worth 50m Euros and I`m sure Trez with his fame is worth at least 25 m.

I think a realistic amount would be Trez + 25m (or even less cos we're talking about a Serie A top scorer here).
    Used to be, but not anymore.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    i would be so happy if we got Ruud. He is in the Inzaghi mould but is stronger and good in the air too. He is sure to get us 20+ goals a season with ease.

common Moggi ! work your charm (H) make them an offer they cannot refuse. :D (being Italian myself i know how persuasive we can be :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)