SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Oh come on everyone, be serious.

They don't fine nor sanction players that dive and don't admit, why should they fine or sanction a player that dived but admitted he did??? That would go against any logic and would just encourage players to be less loyal!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    You have a point there Zizou, but Zambro still deserves some sort of punishment.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Ok then why wasn't such a point raised when Nedved dived against Roma last year? And he even shouted to the Roma players that it was a penalty when it was quite obvious that he dived!

Zambrotta had the balls to admit it, other players don't! If he gets fined or sanctioned I hope that the next time he does it, he will lie or at least not say anything.

Where are we going? Encouraging players to lie and not admit their responsabilities.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Not a lesser punishment, no punishment at all, unless they start punishing those players that dive and don't admit.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yes, thats what I ment. If they punish players that dive, Zambi should get a lesser punsihment. If they dont punish the guys that dive, they shouldnt punish Zambi :undecide:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    Well then that's what they must do! You get suspended for bad fouls so you should get suspended for diving!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Italian rules (not sure if it's also valid for all countries) state that if the ref saw the incident, then whatever action he took is final. If the ref did not see the action, then the tv proof is taken into consideration. Dives are obviously 'seen' by the refs and interpreted as they see fit, so tv proof cannot be used therefore no further sanction can be taken towards that player.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Italian rules (not sure if it's also valid for all countries) state that if the ref saw the incident, then whatever action he took is final. If the ref did not see the action, then the tv proof is taken into consideration. Dives are obviously 'seen' by the refs and interpreted as they see fit, so tv proof cannot be used therefore no further sanction can be taken towards that player.
    Quite true Glenn, I'm suprised I didnt remeber that myslef

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    During the season they cannot be altered.

Only once they were (2000/01) when quite surprisingly the Lega changed the rules about foreigners 2 days before Juve-Roma, so Roma could field Nakata.

However, as a general rule, rules cannot be changed during the season ever.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    During the season they cannot be altered.

Only once they were (2000/01) when quite surprisingly the Lega changed the rules about foreigners 2 days before Juve-Roma, so Roma could field Nakata.

However, as a general rule, rules cannot be changed during the season ever.
    so change them now. last time they were changed in favour of roma. this time we are not getting any benefits from it.
    but doesn't it suck when your team wins just because of a dive? i sad.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    Yes, thats what I ment. If they punish players that dive, Zambi should get a lesser punsihment. If they dont punish the guys that dive, they shouldnt punish Zambi :undecide:
    Maybe they should take it a step further and pay him :p :greedy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yes, this thread is quite early... the reason such early thread-starting is encouraged is that we have nothing to talk about regarding the match (injuries, suspensions etc.)...and in this case, it's 2 weeks away! Just let the testosterone levels drop somewhat and don't all rush to be the lucky chump to start threads :rolleyes:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ancona will be a morale booster for us of course,we're looking for a big scoreline even if we do rest leggro and nedved.

like stu,i'd like to see maresca,he has been very impressive.

and miccoli too,he deserves a full match to show what he can do,not get fielded and be the first to be taken off.he hasn't had a proper start to his season,as he should be first choice in dp's absence for the CF position,and trez should be dropped for dv to take the ST position.

Camo's also been quite disappointing.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Miccoli is not able to sustain 90 minutes yet, that's why he was changed, cos otherwise Lippi would have replaced DV with Trezeguet.

Camo's match against Bologna was good, and he along with Maresca, was the better midfielder of the 5 that played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)