[Serie A, 33rd round] Juventus 4-0 Palermo [17th April, 2016] (6 Viewers)

Juve 4-0 Palermo - 17-Apr-2016 - MoM

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Cuadrado

• Pogba

• Khedira

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Nah, it's 2-2, away goals aren't counted in that scenario. It goes to goal difference.
i suppose an official source for this (one way or the other) is still nowhere to be seen? ^^
From Wikipedia's Serie A page:

From the 2005–06 season, if two or more teams end the league with the same number of points, the deciding tie-breakers used are (in order):

1. Head-to-head records;
2. Goal difference of head-to-head records;
3. Goal difference of league;
4. Most goals for in league;
5. Draw.
And they refrenced this document in Italian, if someone can confirm: http://www.legaseriea.it/assets/leg...-A_approvato-dall-assemblea-1-luglio-2010.pdf

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Head-to-head records;
Goal difference of head-to-head records;
Goal difference of league;
Most goals for in league;
Draw.
Correct, but I can't find anywhere that says that this also applies to the team with a superior away goals margin. I'm pretty sure its only counted if the other team has a greater number of goals scored over the two matches. Could be wrong though.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Correct, but I can't find anywhere that says that this also applies to the team with a superior away goals margin. I'm pretty sure its only counted if the other team has a greater number of goals scored over the two matches. Could be wrong though.
What's the point of adding "Goal difference" in front of "head-to-head records" if it doesn't imply that away goals are counted?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What's the point of adding "Goal difference" in front of "head-to-head records" if it doesn't imply that away goals are counted?
Because neither team had a superior head to head against each other. Both Juve and Napoli won game each during the course of the season (Nipples won 2-1 at home, and we beat them 1-0 in Turin), so the next "tie breaker" which is goal difference comes into place. Seeing as the scores over the two games reached an aggregate of 2-2, the next tie breaker must apply, which is goal difference. And as of right now our goal difference is superior (we have +41 they have +39). If the overall goal-difference is the same, the next tie breaker is goals scored.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Because neither team had a superior head to head against each other. Both Juve and Napoli won game each during the course of the season (Nipples won 2-1 at home, and we beat them 1-0 in Turin), so the next "tie breaker" which is goal difference comes into place. Seeing as the scores over the two games reached an aggregate of 2-2, the next tie breaker must apply, which is goal difference. And as of right now our goal difference is superior (we have +41 they have +39). If the overall goal-difference is the same, the next tie breaker is goals scored.
You don't get past option 1 unless the aggregate in H2H is a draw and only a draw, we know that. You'd only skip past option 2 "Goal difference in H2H" when the two H2H results are identical. If tied, give me an example where the second option is used without applying the away goals rule.

If away goals aren't counted, then option 2 is irrelevant really and shouldn't be there to begin with.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
You don't get past option 1 unless the aggregate in H2H is a draw and only a draw, we know that. You'd only skip past option 2 "Goal difference in H2H" when the two H2H results are identical. If tied, give me an example where the second option is used without applying the away goals rule.

If away goals aren't counted, then option 2 is irrelevant really and shouldn't be there to begin with.
I think he meant that "Goal difference of head-to-head records" could be also the margin of the wins.
Let's say they won 2:0.
And we won 4:0.

So H2H record is even(win for each).
But the goal difference is not.(4 against 2)

If that's how it works,
then we have the same goals H2H.(2:2)
So here will come the overall goal difference.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think he meant that "Goal difference of head-to-head records" could be also the margin of the wins.

If that's how it works,
:tup: thats exactly it

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

If that's how it works,
I kinda interpreted the H2H as a single aggregate result. In that case, the second option would be irrelevant without away goals. But yeah, I get what you guys mean. I guess I'd made a terrible lawyer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Napoli have the 3rd and 4th placed teams away from home in the next 4 weeks. I don't think head to head or goal differential is going to matter too much.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have Palermo and Lazio at home coming up, and a Fiorentina that is falling apart away from home as our next three matches.

Not really concerned.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Napoli have the 3rd and 4th placed teams away from home in the next 4 weeks. I don't think head to head or goal differential is going to matter too much.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have Palermo and Lazio at home coming up, and a Fiorentina that is falling apart away from home as our next three matches.

Not really concerned.
Agree.Anyway ,head to head record is in our favor too.This because both teams win home games but we score a goal there ,so,if needed this will be in our favor in a direct head to head record.That's why football sites claim that our lead is not a 6 but 7 points due to that head to head results.Something like in CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Not really concerned.
:tup:

The scudetto is ours to lose now. In fact something unreal must happen

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fiorentina will miraculously improve for the Juve match, but otherwise I'm not really concerned. Only Juve can beat themselves here, and I'd be mightily surprised to see this team take their eye off the ball now.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
For Napoli everything depends on game against Inter. They play a day before us.

If they win, they put pressure on us. If they drop points, they're fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)