[Serie A, 29th round] Sampdoria 0-1 JUVENTUS [19th March, 2017] (9 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Asamoah MoM for me, superb assist and goal saving challenge.
He also had two where he gave the ball away and then had to desperately win it back himself to prevent scoring chances, although he might have been doing that on purpose to get some defensive training in. Who knows?

Good to have him back as a largely reliable player, though.

Pjaca needs a season behind him, he doesn't understand our football or shape right now. Doesn't look like a smart player but he can learn a lot.

Apr 9, 2015
Great match 10/10

Happy we played Barzagli and Rugani today, both were (almost) flawless. Bonucci / Chiello / Benatia would have make a error today and we couldn't handle that after the 93 errors from Asamoah and the 53 errors from our midfield.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Should have been over at HT. All been said already.

We'd be the best in the world if football was a 45' game.

I thought Lemina did his job very well when he came on, nice cameo, looked attentive and had some key defensive contributions.

Higuain needs a rest. A few in the attacking third do.
Yeah, it's been a big month, I expected us to put in a performance like this. Bring on the much needed rest for most players in this break.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He also had two where he gave the ball away and then had to desperately win it back himself to prevent scoring chances, although he might have been doing that on purpose to get some defensive training in. Who knows?

Pjaca needs a season behind him, he doesn't understand our football or shape right now. Doesn't look like a smart player but he can learn a lot.
Yeah two dangerous situations that he created but he tidied them up with superb tackles, so evened themselves out in my book. Was like seeing Sissoko back in action.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
People complaining about playing poorly on this game are insane.

This is as chippy as it can be, it's always tough in Genova. Team actually played very well, either attacking or controlling the game.

Great win.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Big 3 points. Samp were on great form and we always struggle in the Marassi.

But so many stupid mistakes, we should have been out of sight by half time but once again made it harder than it needed to be. We played into Samp's hands in the second half by losing possession constantly, we rarely got the ball down and just passed it around to take the pressure off.

Asamoah MoM for me, superb assist and goal saving challenge.
Asa was so slow that Samp almost scored twice. The pitch seemed very slippery for both teams.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, it's been a big month, I expected us to put in a performance like this. Bring on the much needed rest for most players in this break.
Well the Porto game was a training session, so how tired could they be after that? But scoring goals always makes the rest of the game much easier, we knew we'd regret that one way or another. At least it was just the performance rather than two points.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Probably 6 wins does it. I don't see Roma taking 30/30. One draw and we can drop 9 points.
yeah they have Lazio, Milan and Juve to play still, cant see them get 9 points there + the usual odd game here and there where they will fail to win.

i think even 4 wins will be enough. we are on 73 pts now, 85 pts will most likely do the job as Roma never won more than that (Contes last season)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Yep, he needs time. Very raw. How many players make the jump from playing in Croatia to playing in a massive team without struggling for a bit. We also probably need to look at playing a 4 3 3 as an alternative to give players rest.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A typical post CL match but considering how we didn't make much of an effort against Porto one would have thought we would play with more energy. With some rotation and the energy saved from Wednesday we did start off well but we ran out of steam halfway through the first. Still with that we managed to create lots of chances that would have put the match to sleep but our forwards did great to waste those chances. In the second half all we did is we showed how superior our defending is.

Buffon 6.5

Dani Alves 7.5
Barzagli 6.5
Rugani 7
Asamoah 7

Khedira 6
Pjanic 6.5

Cuadrado 7
Dybala 6.5
Mandzukic 6

Higuain 5.5

Pjaca 5.5
Lemina 6
Lichtsteiner N.R

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well the Porto game was a training session, so how tired could they be after that? But scoring goals always makes the rest of the game much easier, we knew we'd regret that one way or another. At least it was just the performance rather than two points.
Mentally as well
The break comes at a good time

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
yeah they have Lazio, Milan and Juve to play still, cant see them get 9 points there + the usual odd game here and there where they will fail to win.

i think even 4 wins will be enough. we are on 73 pts now, 85 pts will most likely do the job as Roma never won more than that (Contes last season)
Napoli never passed the 80points mark as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)