[Serie A, 22nd round] Chievo 0-4 Juventus [31st January, 2016, 12:30 CET] (3 Viewers)

Chievo 0-4 Juve - 31-Jan-2016 - MoM

• Pogba

• Sandro

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Morata

• Lichtsteiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Strong stuff from Juve.

Chievo were tame and caught with a really nothingy gameplan, but Juve really tore into them.

There were aspects of that game that were probably more reminiscent of Conte's Juve at its best, rather than what we've tended to see more recently from Juve.

That game was really based on getting well-timed runs from deep and that is a really hard thing for anyone to defend against.

Liked Pogba's position in the first half. It got him playing properly in midfield and gave him the chance to really have a lot of influence on the game. Too often he plays a bit too high and/or a bit too wide and - while he may still make a decisive contribution - it means he isn't really in midfield and able to control things.

And as much as I like Mandzukic, a front two of Morata and Dybala is very scary for teams like Chievo who don't have mobile defenders. An experienced Serie A defender like Dainelli would feel he has a much better chance of containing Mandzukic than he has with Morata.

It'll be interesting to see, given the pace and quality of Juve's play in the first half, how long it may be before another team doesn't just defend very deep and try to frustrate them. Lesser teams just don't have the mobility to take Juve on in any amount of space when Juve are playing this well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's a talented player. He's the type that plays very well in tight spaces, he likes playing intricate one twos with his teammates, he's a good dribbler too, yet despite that he doesn'tattempt too many unnecessary dribbles, he also has very good finishing for a midfielder.

That being said though, he's been really dissapointing this season. Last season he was very good and showed a lot of promise. Naturally after they sold Carrasco and Martial in the summer, big things were expected of Silva. However he's really been average this season. I wouldn't write him off at all though, he's obviously talented, but i also don't think he's ready to move to a bigger team like Juve just yet. He should be able to prove that he can handle the ligue over a whole season first at the very least imo.

didnt know he had a drop in his performances this season. perhaps thats why we think it will soften the interest of other rich teams and give us a better chance to sign him.

also, if we really are interested then it means Marotta and Paratici have followed him for a while and are sure about his qualities and that he will fit right inot the team. hes still very young so such a drop in level of performances is very common

Jan 5, 2011
Rewatch it. Seriously
Ok will do when Alex post a link. But I watched 80% Juve matches this season...

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously dude.. Do yourself a favour!

:shifty: ok

- - - Updated - - -

Ok watched highlights, don't see Marchisio anywhere. Will watch whole matches tonight when I get home. I like Pogba goal, look as easy as Tevez goal last season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

didnt know he had a drop in his performances this season. perhaps thats why we think it will soften the interest of other rich teams and give us a better chance to sign him.

also, if we really are interested then it means Marotta and Paratici have followed him for a while and are sure about his qualities and that he will fit right inot the team. hes still very young so such a drop in level of performances is very common
Ya that's definitely true. Especially when you take into account that Monacos team was significantly weakened in the summer.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
It was also incredibly difficult and he nailed it.

Soooo sad that didnt went in.

Faggi and gaynaldo can go choke a dick. This is the stuff i watch football for
yep, That's Pogba's imagination for you. Incredibly hard to receive a half field pass like that, on top of it, in later stages of the game when you got little energy left. Put majority of forwards in that situation, and best case scenario they would control it with their stomach, shield and look for a lay off.

Strong stuff from Juve.

Chievo were tame and caught with a really nothingy gameplan, but Juve really tore into them.

There were aspects of that game that were probably more reminiscent of Conte's Juve at its best, rather than what we've tended to see more recently from Juve.

That game was really based on getting well-timed runs from deep and that is a really hard thing for anyone to defend against.

Liked Pogba's position in the first half. It got him playing properly in midfield and gave him the chance to really have a lot of influence on the game. Too often he plays a bit too high and/or a bit too wide and - while he may still make a decisive contribution - it means he isn't really in midfield and able to control things.

And as much as I like Mandzukic, a front two of Morata and Dybala is very scary for teams like Chievo who don't have mobile defenders. An experienced Serie A defender like Dainelli would feel he has a much better chance of containing Mandzukic than he has with Morata.

It'll be interesting to see, given the pace and quality of Juve's play in the first half, how long it may be before another team doesn't just defend very deep and try to frustrate them. Lesser teams just don't have the mobility to take Juve on in any amount of space when Juve are playing this well.
Missed your analysis Juve_Red.

About the bolded part, I know you could argue about some minor details and different adjustments, but overall, in this streak of wins this season, it is the same system with a better SS and set of fullbacks, but unfortunately I could see the same limitation coming up against teams with too much fire power especially if the run of game goes against you.

Hopefully, the shit going on in muncheat and their players becoming complacent is true and not just media garbage. In any case, wouldn't hold it against Allegri if he brings up the lack of TQ in this particular case if we fail to advance.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
remember that game. Australian coach for some random reason put in Kalac instead of Schwarzer for that game, and both goals were on him

it almost cost them their historical result to progress from the group stage for the first time :lol:

and 3 yellows for Simunic :rofl:
It came out after that Schwarzer and Hiddink didn't really get along. Hiddink nearly screwed us by starting Kalac, there is no way Schwarzer would have let in such a soft goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)