Serie A 2023-24 (56 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
these open var episodes are brilliant. can anyone remember any other case when the var ref confirmed the on field judgement, yet the ref reviewed it and decided against the var ref's suggestion? i'm just trying to understand how it works.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
adl completely lost it once again, he called juve cheaters among other brilliant statements

i know that jj won't answer and somehow i get it, aquila non captat muscas and shit. at the same time i'm a bit fed up with piece of shits like adl using juve as a punching bag. i'd love to see some reaction, and i don't mean that allegri should do an other joke before our next game. just bring adl's sorry senile ass to court finally

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not sure its the best fit for him and Roma. We could have been in for him, or Milan maybe a better fit.

With Pellegrini and Dybala there Baldanzi may find it crowded.
dybala is often injured and baldanzi is still very young, that's a signing for the future for them

speaking of future, shitty source so this might be pure bs. friedkin might already sell the club to saudis:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
blue cards, why not. let's bring in an other subjective element and make the simple game more complicated.

agnelli was right, this sport is so done on the long run.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
blue cards, why not. let's bring in an other subjective element and make the simple game more complicated.

agnelli was right, this sport is so done on the long run.

"Modern football" what an absolute pile of dog shit, how about fixing var and the handball rules? This blue card shit will be abused the fuck out of by Italian refs against Juve I just see it now. Another bullshit subjective topic which somewhat makes the yellow card pointless, isnt that why you get yellows? Dissent and cynical fouls?

- - - Updated - - -

Watch barella and his fellow interisti cunts moan the shit out of things to refs and get fuck all still

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
calm yourself.

the idea of a 10 min removal of a player is appealing though. it could lead to some interesting attacking football knowing you only have limited time for a advantage before the player is back on.

and imo this could potentially mean refs are more likely to give the blue card for justified offenses than how they skip giving red card. u know how sometimes we see the ref skip giving second yellow or straight red because he doesn't want to influence the game too early? this gives chance for them to influence it knowing the punished team can still get their sent of player back within match

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
They cant even decide what is a hand ball in the box, and now they would bring a blue card.

Now that will be fun. What will be a normal faul, faul for a yellow card or a foul for a blue(10 minutes) card. They will kill this sport.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
the idea of a 10 min removal of a player is appealing though
how do you decide what's a cynical foul or where are the boundaries of dissent?

as brny wrote, they still can't consistently judge handball or offside which are supposed to be objective. if you add an other subjective element that would only bring chaos and unpredictability

this is the definition of dissent by the rulebook:

A player who is guilty of dissent by protesting (verbally or non-verbally) against a referee’s decision must be cautioned.
The captain of a team has no special status or privileges under the Laws of the Game but he has a degree of responsibility for the behaviour of his team.

it was a yellow worthy foul so far, yet fuckers like barella got regularly away with telling the ref to fuck off, or lautaro could throw the ball at the ref and get nothing

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This blue card shit will also only slow down the game some more, I would imagine their 10 min ban won't kick in till they are sat in the designated area, but football is nothing like Rugby or hockey where sin bins are a part of the game, football is far more tribal and I can just imagine a footballer protesting for ages whilst the game is stopped. The whole thing is fucked, as if I wasn't already watching other sports in recent years given how disillusioned I am with football.

As agnelli said one day we will buy football subscriptions to watch the final 15 mins of the game because we won't have the attention span or interest to sit through a stop/start sport.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think in theory it has potential to solve some of the problems with yellow card not being a strong enough punishment (think tactical fouls like Chiellini grabbing Saka and easily eating a yellow for it) or a 2nd yellow card (or a yellow that makes players miss important knockout rounds) being too harsh a punishment in the bigger context. But fully agreed that the difference between yellow/blue will probably be super subjective and vague and will open up a can of worms.

- - - Updated - - -

This blue card shit will also only slow down the game some more, I would imagine their 10 min ban won't kick in till they are sat in the designated area, but football is nothing like Rugby or hockey where sin bins are a part of the game, football is far more tribal and I can just imagine a footballer protesting for ages whilst the game is stopped. The whole thing is fucked, as if I wasn't already watching other sports in recent years given how disillusioned I am with football.

As agnelli said one day we will buy football subscriptions to watch the final 15 mins of the game because we won't have the attention span or interest to sit through a stop/start sport.
True, a time limit like this will also inevitably increase time wasting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 37)