Serie A 2023-24 (67 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rocchi referee designator explanation for Genoa handball incident against juve:
“I would lean more towards a penalty than not, but it is not 100 per cent an error. The touch off the knee is not sufficient to remove the handball.

“More than the knee, I would focus on the arm, which is not firm, if anything it is pulling backwards trying to get it out of the way.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is so much difference and a gap in quality between us and Inter this year, but results-wise there aren't many - we both had our only defeat against Sassuolo, we both drew our home match against Bologna, and we played 1:1 when we faced each other. So far the difference is that they won and we didn't in Bergamo, and they still haven't played away against Genoa (they face them in the next round).

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
There is so much difference and a gap in quality between us and Inter this year, but results-wise there aren't many - we both had our only defeat against Sassuolo, we both drew our home match against Bologna, and we played 1:1 when we faced each other. So far the difference is that they won and we didn't in Bergamo, and they still haven't played away against Genoa (they face them in the next round).
But we have tricky fixture list next year away to inter, roma, lazio, Napoli, Bologna.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
owner's equity down to -160m, debt still well over 800m. but chiné won't comment. :baus:

this league deserves every bit of the shitstorm it's experiencing. and it won't change with an interista like gravina in charge.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The ticking timebomb of Inter Milan's debt has been something I've been following close enough with great interest.

Last year with big sales, run to the CL final, and Scudetto, Inter lost nearly 90m. Lower than the 140m in 22/23 and 245m in 21/22 but still a massive loss.

But its much worse than that. The loan with Oaktree with a TWELVE percent interest rate is coming due where they must either pay it by February (they can't), refinance it (oof), or sell the club. That current loan, including interest, is about 330m. Otherwise Oaktree can make that debt become equity in the club if it matures in March and repossess Inter. You read that right. Inter might get repo'd!

But even worse is the loan Zhang took out with CCBA for 165m and an 85m bond to help him float during end of COVID which he later contested he was not liable for and his signatures were forged. This was thrown out in HK court and now CCBA has started filing in New York to chase his finances down (he says he makes no money and has no assets) and hopefully discovery will do just that. He has also no-showed for appearances to be questioned and also suffered a summary judgment to HK court.

AND to top it off Inter just recently refinanced ANOTHER bond 415m bond with a 6.75 interest rate.

May 20th, 2024 is when the Oaktree loan matures and Oaktree can take over the club if Zhang doesn't pay them off or refinance. And refinancing won't be a quick or easy process, complicated by current interest rates.

How long can this house of cards remain standing and why has UEFA not stepped in?

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
The ticking timebomb of Inter Milan's debt has been something I've been following close enough with great interest.

Last year with big sales, run to the CL final, and Scudetto, Inter lost nearly 90m. Lower than the 140m in 22/23 and 245m in 21/22 but still a massive loss.

But its much worse than that. The loan with Oaktree with a TWELVE percent interest rate is coming due where they must either pay it by February (they can't), refinance it (oof), or sell the club. That current loan, including interest, is about 330m. Otherwise Oaktree can make that debt become equity in the club if it matures in March and repossess Inter. You read that right. Inter might get repo'd!

But even worse is the loan Zhang took out with CCBA for 165m and an 85m bond to help him float during end of COVID which he later contested he was not liable for and his signatures were forged. This was thrown out in HK court and now CCBA has started filing in New York to chase his finances down (he says he makes no money and has no assets) and hopefully discovery will do just that. He has also no-showed for appearances to be questioned and also suffered a summary judgment to HK court.

AND to top it off Inter just recently refinanced ANOTHER bond 415m bond with a 6.75 interest rate.

May 20th, 2024 is when the Oaktree loan matures and Oaktree can take over the club if Zhang doesn't pay them off or refinance. And refinancing won't be a quick or easy process, complicated by current interest rates.

How long can this house of cards remain standing and why has UEFA not stepped in?
Let that house of cards stay as long as it needs to be so big that her fall will be in to oblivion for ever and ever.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

same reason they haven't stepped in to barca, or chelsea, or man city (yet)

when you owe the bank 1m it's your problem

when you owe the banks 500m+ it's the banks problem.

how many clubs you know in recent times declared bankruptcy after falling behind on their finaces? i only remember fiorentina in recent times and thats it. and that was what almost 24 years ago?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Let that house of cards stay as long as it needs to be so big that her fall will be in to oblivion for ever and ever.
That's what I don't like about Zhang's strategy. I understand it but its such a massive risk.

He wants to delay and refinance and give himself another 2-3 years to get the club as valuable as possible to sell and make a lot of money and save himself financially. He sees the 1.2b sale of Milan and wants that.

But the flipside is that he's not just playing with fire, he's playing with fucking napalm. If the debts gets out of control and he can't leverage anymore equity in the club (its value has fallen, not risen, due to the debt ratio) and now rates are up and credit is more expensive it might blow up not only in his face but the entire club might explode. First thing a creditor is going to do is strip the club down and start fresh to make the asset appealing to buyers. That means selling Martinez, selling Barella, selling Bastoni (massive profit), selling Thuram (free transfer so massive profit).

- - - Updated - - -

same reason they haven't stepped in to barca, or chelsea, or man city (yet)

when you owe the bank 1m it's your problem

when you owe the banks 500m+ it's the banks problem.

how many clubs you know in recent times declared bankruptcy after falling behind on their finaces? i only remember fiorentina in recent times and thats it. and that was what almost 24 years ago?
Well, what you say WAS true but that was more a product of credit being cheap as fuck until very recently. Clubs would just refinance and re-dip into the credit card well.

That well has run dry, credit is insanely expensive and I don't think we've seen a situation like Zhang's where he has been frozen from his Chinese assets and also is being chased around the globe by at least two creditors who were too stupid to have equity in Inter be part of their loan paperwork. Oaktree wasn't fucking around and took that guarantee in the form of equity in the club in case of default.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i honestly don't know what will happen.

i wouldn't be surprised to see the saudi's or qatar hedgefunds enter this space. they might have done this earlier if it wasn't for italian beauracrcy i think.

but maybe with the condition of serie a, politicians might be tempted to move things faster and smoother to make sure a big club like inter stays alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 44)