Serie A 2023-24 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
this is what i have been saying. they have a solid team, but they don't always play well, and there have been a few games this season where it was either thuram sometimes but mostly lautaro saving them with a goal out of no where. obviously this can't happen every game but it's same situation with juve and ronaldo. they just need lautaro to score enough of the bland games to clear ahead of juve. juve doesn't have a player that win matches on his own like lautaro so i think inter is still clear for scudetto unless he gets injured
They suck and any of our past teams would be way clear. The fact we let them draw in Turin is insane when they were ready to be beat

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Imagine getting your MVP for free.

Marotta is a genius @Turk_Bianconero
Seriously though.
He made Sampdoria a CL team. They got relegated after he left for Juve.
Made us into one of the top 5, maybe even top 3 teams in Europe. Our decline started soon after he left.
Made Inter into champions and reached the CL final without spending crazy money. A true genius indeed.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Seriously though.
He made Sampdoria a CL team. They got relegated after he left for Juve.
Made us into one of the top 5, maybe even top 3 teams in Europe. Our decline started soon after he left.
Made Inter into champions and reached the CL final without spending crazy money. A true genius indeed.
Imagine not recognizing this. The best GM in Europe for the past decade or so. And we had his haters here, writting loads of nonsense when Beppe was our GM.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Best GM in Europe? He's definitely one of the best, but the best might be a bit of a stretch.

Also, it was right to move on from him - what wasn't right was the direction we took after his departure, which coincided with our premature demise.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Best GM in Europe? He's definitely one of the best, but the best might be a bit of a stretch.

Also, it was right to move on from him - what wasn't right was the direction we took after his departure, which coincided with our premature demise.
I'm not sure about this. I believe we moved on from him precisely because he was not compatible with the direction we planned to take after his departure. One negates the other, so, imo, either the path we took after he left was the right one, or moving on from him was wrong. Beppe was about buying smart, cheap-ish and gradually build a top team, while the new direction was more about instant, but quite expensive success (Ronaldo, De Ligt). What was the third option - let Marotta go because it was time to move on, and then do... what?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
AIA referee association Trefoloni : "The Inter goal should have been disallowed, it is a foul by Bisseck : Doveri made a mistake. [TS]
Mistake allowed that hits Juve in a way... Shocking!
I hope we someday return to be a club that is being given the proper respect to. It will take time and hard work though.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not sure about this. I believe we moved on from him precisely because he was not compatible with the direction we planned to take after his departure. One negates the other, so, imo, either the path we took after he left was the right one, or moving on from him was wrong. Beppe was about buying smart, cheap-ish and gradually build a top team, while the new direction was more about instant, but quite expensive success (Ronaldo, De Ligt). What was the third option - let Marotta go because it was time to move on, and then do... what?
We took the wrong direction though. We were too obsessed with winning the CL, putting all our eggs into that Ronaldo basket. We could have continued growing, showing greater ambition, and hired a copetent sporting director who could help us take that next step without compromising our financial situation.

Beppe is a very good sporting director, but he did have his limitations - every sporting director does. We chose to promote from within and made a glorified scout in charge of transers - that's where we went wrong.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We took the wrong direction though. We were too obsessed with winning the CL, putting all our eggs into that Ronaldo basket. We could have continued growing, showing greater ambition, and hired a copetent sporting director who could help us take that next step without compromising our financial situation.

Beppe is a very good sporting director, but he did have his limitations - every sporting director does. We chose to promote from within and made a glorified scout in charge of transers - that's where we went wrong.
the start of the downfall coincides with ronaldo's arrival, but imo he wasn't the problem. the beppe successor though... he spent shit loads of money on players like arthur, ramsey ("free transfer" my ass, look at his wages), bonucci, romero, rovella, pellegrini, demiral, and while they weren't necessarily bad players, neither of them had reasonable wages, so they couldn't generate enough plusvalenza. de ligt was also an extremely costy player who in hindsight was massively overrated. and then the guy with the right ideas also gave inexplicably massive raises to basically anyone like there was no tomorrow. easily the worst decision maker at the club i can remember.

giuntoli did one thing already that makes me trust him a little: he lowered the squad's wage bill. by like 15% within half a season (plus pogba's ban also helped), so now jj doesn't have the highest wage bill of the league, after like a decade. a good start to a much needed revision of the club's wage policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)