Serie A 2020-21 (62 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Do they remember when Leicester won their league?

Because I do.

- - - Updated - - -

lol. United fans talk a lot of smack for a team that has won 2 knockout CL games in 10 years.
It's the only reason to visit redcafe.

To laugh about the big mouth they are having in contrast to how irrelevant and shite they have been for like a decade.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Doesn’t help that the italian teams perform like shit in Europe though... I mean inter crashed out of the groupe stage two times in a row, juve lost to Ajax Lyon and atleast one game vs Porto... lazio, roma and Napoli also had some embarrassing moments in EL

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Next couple of games will be very tricky for Inter. I can already see them dropping points.
On the other hand we have much easier schedule for the next 4-5 games, at least on paper, except for the Lazio game where I still expect us to win. If we manage to win the next 4 games we will reduce the gap with them. We will still have 1 game in hand.

The only advantage they have over is that they don't have any European commitments. They are fully concentrated on Seria A.
We will definitely fight until the very end. The crucial thing for us is to stay injury and covid free. If we recover our players asap we will push them till the very end.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I rarely go to redcafe but did it today just to see what they say about Serie A:
One guy said:
"Also, the Scudetto point is ridiculous. We’d smash Serie A and win it at a canter. "
Another guy said:
"As for the Scudetto, we would be top of Serie A too. Inter aren’t even in Europe now because Gladbach and Shakhtar booted them out, Milan are totally average and this Juve side are just an utter aberration under Pirlo. The football is rubbish and they wouldn’t even make Europe in the PL without Ronaldo. 9 times Champions on the spin remember. On the flip side, if you put Inter in the PL, City would just toy with them in their games, we, Chelsea and Leicester would probably dispose of them in one off games too and generally, you’d expect even this awful version of Pool to stick a few goals past them. They wouldn’t even make the CL. The quality of league matters."
ROFL

Has that guy ever watched Serie A in the 90's or Juventus even in the 80's? Because Serie A has recently won an award for the best league of the previous century, if I remember correctly.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Next couple of games will be very tricky for Inter. I can already see them dropping points.
On the other hand we have much easier schedule for the next 4-5 games, at least on paper, except for the Lazio game where I still expect us to win. If we manage to win the next 4 games we will reduce the gap with them. We will still have 1 game in hand.

The only advantage they have over is that they don't have any European commitments. They are fully concentrated on Seria A.
We will definitely fight until the very end. The crucial thing for us is to stay injury and covid free. If we recover our players asap we will push them till the very end.
That's one huge IF. And even if it happens, new injuries will follow.
It's just one of those seasons. Similar to 2011/12 when a Europe-free and injury-free Juventus beat an injury-plagued Milan to the scudetto. Milan could hardly play a match without 5, 6 or 7 injured players, and they stayed in CL until April, while we were free to focus on the one match per week.

I hate my own pessimism here, but I don't see a scenario in which we win the scudetto, and not Inter. We are waiting for their usual self-destruction, which is almost surely not going to happen this year, and even if it does, we are not the team to take advantage of that.
If we somehow manage to win this scudetto, it will be the best scudetto ever. We won't, though.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That's one huge IF. And even if it happens, new injuries will follow.
It's just one of those seasons. Similar to 2011/12 when a Europe-free and injury-free Juventus beat an injury-plagued Milan to the scudetto. Milan could hardly play a match without 5, 6 or 7 injured players, and they stayed in CL until April, while we were free to focus on the one match per week.

I hate my own pessimism here, but I don't see a scenario in which we win the scudetto, and not Inter. We are waiting for their usual self-destruction, which is almost surely not going to happen this year, and even if it does, we are not the team to take advantage of that.
If we somehow manage to win this scudetto, it will be the best scudetto ever. We won't, though.
Why is the usual Inter self-destruction not happening this year? As long as we put pressure on them it's something you can count on that they'll lose their heads. It's a team that has failed to qualify from their CL group stage for two consecutive seasons, they're horrible under pressure. I still remember how they lost their CL qualification against Barca B who didn't need anything from that game, was glorious.

This is not something that's out of our reach, if we play to Juve standards we can win the Scudetto

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Even if Inter start dropping points, there's no way we're winning 13-14 of our remaining 16 games. I just can't see us running over the league like we used to. We don't have that hunger, drive or quality any more.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Even if Inter start dropping points, there's no way we're winning 13-14 of our remaining 16 games. I just can't see us running over the league like we used to. We don't have that hunger, drive or quality any more.
I'd say we need around 39-40 points in the remaining 16 games, 84-85 points should be enough for Scudetto. That's standard Juve pace, not something extraordinary, but we probably will need around 13 wins, yes, depending on the amount of draws/losses.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I rarely go to redcafe but did it today just to see what they say about Serie A:
One guy said:
"Also, the Scudetto point is ridiculous. We’d smash Serie A and win it at a canter. "
Another guy said:
"As for the Scudetto, we would be top of Serie A too. Inter aren’t even in Europe now because Gladbach and Shakhtar booted them out, Milan are totally average and this Juve side are just an utter aberration under Pirlo. The football is rubbish and they wouldn’t even make Europe in the PL without Ronaldo. 9 times Champions on the spin remember. On the flip side, if you put Inter in the PL, City would just toy with them in their games, we, Chelsea and Leicester would probably dispose of them in one off games too and generally, you’d expect even this awful version of Pool to stick a few goals past them. They wouldn’t even make the CL. The quality of league matters."
Only thing I disagree about is that United would win Serie A easily. They would however be favorites alongside Juve and Inter. Everything else is pretty correct.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One guy said:
Another guy said:
Saying things like this when the quality of their league has never been worse. True delusion.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why is the usual Inter self-destruction not happening this year?
Call it an experience of a long-time football follower. Since the first matches of the season, and even during their failed CL campaign, I couldn't see a team that is going to self-destruct later in the season. Only improve.
Inter were usually falling around December-January. Not this time. We are in almost in March and they're gaining form, just like any well-coached team does.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Doesn’t help that the italian teams perform like shit in Europe though... I mean inter crashed out of the groupe stage two times in a row, juve lost to Ajax Lyon and atleast one game vs Porto... lazio, roma and Napoli also had some embarrassing moments in EL

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
But again, European 'form' is not the greatest indicator of the quality of the league.

This same United lost to a poor Leipzig and a Turkish team and subsequently dumped out of the groups but that doesn't mean they are inferior to them.

It's knockout cup competition afterall. Form, fitness and luck also matters.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
There's talk we could get a win against Lazio (match that ended 1-1), because they violated Covid protocol. Torino could also get the win against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)