Serie A 2020-21 (41 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Our midfield will look much better with a good coach but still dont expect something amazing as for that we need great players.

Inter are nothing special - They have Hakimi who is extremely fast and Lukaku who is the best at what he does (draw players and play back to goal).
They have other good players like Lautaro (although his main strength is decisions IMO) but Inter is more about system than about players. This is why Conte is great at managing up to this level - He is probably the best in terms of getting his players play like a team.
He has some downsides that will prevent Inter from moving forward though...

Inter do have one special player though - Barella - This guy is definitely WC.

We on the other hand have been on this road and it give you continuity in Italy as other clubs are likely to fall to your feet BUT in Europe an attacking style is usually the one that gets the trophy.

We have much better individuals IMO but it means nothing if you cant make the individuals play as a team.

Next year we will go at it again and the difference will be the coach.
Pirlo - and we will probably fail again as I dont think he has a clue on how to solve our problems.
Next coach - Results depend on our pick.
Should we pick a good coach who understands attacking mentality we might be able to see a good Juve
Should we pick a good coach who doesnt - Same results will arrive..
Should we pick a bad coach - I think you know the answer for this one...

It is also true that Inter got players for their needs and we havent for 2 years BUT it is also true we probably knew we sacrifice something with signing MDL and either Paratici is really bad at his work or we just didnt have the funds to do something more.
I really don’t think the coach is our biggest issue here. Our results have been poor under 3 coaches now. The only commonality between the three of them is that all of them have had crappy midfields. The players in midfield may be not terrible, but they have zero synergy and chemistry.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Merda is going to be Merda. We are going to be 5 points distance from them cuz there's not any chance we let points against Nipples again this season

We are going to beat Merda... so I don't see the big deal

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Merda is going to be Merda. We are going to be 5 points distance from them cuz there's not any chance we let points against Nipples again this season

The big deal is Juventus is not as strong as previous years.
Are we going to beat Napoli - Based on current Napoli, I think we should be able to beat them and it is to be expected BUT I thought the same about the last game and we lost...
Are we going to beat Inter? I wouldnt even call us favorite in this one - We are just not good enough.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
To be honest, Inter’s team is built pretty crappily. They have a bunch of geriatrics all over the pitch, especially in defense. However, they have an excellent midfield, and having a good midfield is probably the most important aspect of building a team. Somehow Tici and Agnelli have forgotten this and have spent extravagant amounts of money on the defense and attack without addressing our biggest issue.
It can be looked at from the other point of view though.

1. Handanovic is a great goalkeeper.
2. Their defense, although it somehow fails miserably once in a while, consists of great players as well. Their fails seem to stem mostly from Conte's inconsistency with the starting eleven, so they often times play without the necessary chemistry due to experiments, rotation, and personal Conte's quirks.
3. They have by far the best midfield in the league, only prime Lazio can come close to them.
4. They have Lukaku - Martinez duo upfront, which already looks like one of those old school duos from the past, and in a good way obviously.
5. They have a stellar bench with players like Vidal and Sanchez, both of whom fit their bench roles perfectly according to the stage of their respective careers, and Perisic, whose career at Inter was sucessfully rebooted thanks to a year spent with Bayern.

To me it's a team that is balanced close to perfection - when we take into account Conte's initial plan, of course. I don't know what Marotta could have potentially done better. Awesome job, even if we factor in the amount of money they spent.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Very difficult to beat a team 3x, so with one loss already out of the way, I also feel good about beating Nipples on third encounter this season.

The 6 pointer vs in*er can be huge, but before then we need to get some of our shid together and hope injuries+fatigue don't disfavor us badly.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Say what you will about Beppe, but here are facts.

1. He purchased the key players Conte requested in order to build the squad according to his vision. Lukaku, Vidal, and even Darmian (lol, but still). And today's result is the result of that. Makes you think who was really responsible for ignoring gaping holes in Juventus roster selection during his tenure there.

2. His "opportunistic signing" was Eriksen. Compare it to the likes of Ramsey and Rabiot.

Sure, he's not flawless, and not all of his moves were successful. But these are eloquent illustrations to why Marotta is objectively one of the best executives in the modern football. He is, no doubts, the architect of Inter's current resurrection (which is already a given, compared to the club's state before Beppe's arrival).

2. Their defense, although it somehow fails miserably once in a while, consists of great players as well. Their fails seem to stem mostly from Conte's inconsistency with the starting eleven, so they often times play without the necessary chemistry due to experiments, rotation, and personal Conte's quirks.
3. They have by far the best midfield in the league, only prime Lazio can come close to them.
4. They have Lukaku - Martinez duo upfront, which already looks like one of those old school duos from the past, and in a good way obviously.
5. They have a stellar bench with players like Vidal and Sanchez, both of whom fit their bench roles perfectly according to the stage of their respective careers, and Perisic, whose career at Inter was sucessfully rebooted thanks to a year spent with Bayern.

To me it's a team that is balanced close to perfection - when we take into account Conte's initial plan, of course. I don't know what Marotta could have potentially done better. Awesome job, even if we factor in the amount of money they spent.
Eloquent and close to perfection might be a tad much

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

1. Handanovic is ok nowadays.. He has ups and downs
2. Actually I think Skriniar is overrated, Bastoni is not bad but we have much better in this department
3. If you mean central mid - Lazio easily have the best but Barella is amazing while Brozovic is pretty good himself, Vidal is way past his best
4. They complement each other no doubt about it.
5. Vidal is way way past his prime, Sanchez is ok but more dribbling and less end product. Perisic is actually someone I respect and I think Bayern were wise to take him on loan. He is definitely a good option to have.

Inter are definitely the team to beat this year unless Juve become a team. At this point and with their +5 over us IF we win our games - They are definitely the favorite at this point.
Allegri`s Juve - We would still win
Pirlo`s Juve - We will end in top 4 - I really dont know if it is wise to expect more..

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Our only hope is if we beat all our next three opponents, win the game in hand against Napoli, and if they league awards us with an extra 2 points due to the Lazio game.

In other words. Not happening. We shot our selves in the foot one too many times this season. It will actually be a struggle for us to stay in the top 4.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Fam, you need to start posting these before the games lol. Your crazy good streak got me interested.
We can make a thread in batcave, because people will start selling the games and police to get me arrested for match fixing :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Our only hope is if we beat all our next three opponents, win the game in hand against Napoli, and if they league awards us with an extra 2 points due to the Lazio game.

In other words. Not happening. We shot our selves in the foot one too many times this season. It will actually be a struggle for us to stay in the top 4.
Our only hope to win the title is if we bring Allegri back.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Why would we get a extra 2 points due to the Lazio game?

Edit: i get it now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)