Serie A 2020-21 (228 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
They had their best CB missing though and were playing two fullbacks in their back 3. I'm not sure we can judge them based on this performance alone.
Conte signed Kolarov to play him there and let him take their set pieces, he has no pace to play wide in Conte's 3-5-2. Only De Vrij will come back to replace D'Ambrosio. The rest of the team look disjointed as well. Eriksen will never succeed in Conte's system and their only young and good midfielder is Barella.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They are lucky to have Lautaro. He reminds me of Tevez. Always working hard and forcing his way through.

The squad is mostly old-farts and unknowns but Lautaro's talent and the grinta Conte infuses in the team turned this into a win.

Ribery's pass was sex. Great game.

Aug 2, 2005
Unless Inter pull out another Inter like breakdown..
They are going to fight it to the end and they have what it takes to win the scudetto which is still ours to lose.

This is just the first game of the season and they created many chances while leaking alot in defense.. which i expect Conte to fix by benching Erikssen for Vidal.
Their front line is excellent. Midfield is too good for serie a.. defense is their weakest line but i expect Conte to fix it

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sensi, Hakimi, Vidal, Sanchez, Naingolan all came off the bench. Inter got some depth don't they
Indeed.
The season is unpredictable. Perhaps the most unpredictable since the early years of this century. In a matter of 1 day one can lose half a team due to covid.
That is why depth is now even more important than ever. We won some of our previous scudetti not only for being the best, but for having the depth our rivals couldn't even dream of. This year, when teams can make 5 subs per match, depth is vital and Inter are the first team in the last decade that can claim to have the depth to rival Juve.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
If Fiorentina didn't make those subs, they win the game handsomely. Conte subs did nothing, it was their persistence not depth or talent or skill. They play Lazio in October, watch the Conte mercato meltdown after that.

Aug 2, 2005
Funny how some are reading into one match to predict a season of so many unknowns and uncertainties...

Inter on paper are going to be our rival.. their squad are good enough for Serie A..
Not that we are fearing them,, it is still our scudetto to lose.. again.. unless they pull an Inter breakdown out of themselves, they are there fighting to last couple weeks of the season

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Funny how some are reading into one match to predict a season of so many unknowns and uncertainties...

Inter on paper are going to be our rival.. their squad are good enough for Serie A..
Not that we are fearing them,, it is still our scudetto to lose.. again.. unless they pull an Inter breakdown out of themselves, they are there fighting to last couple weeks of the season

You can predict Inter as they have the same coach and players with few addons.
You can predict Milan as you know how they have been
Same can be said about many of Serie A teams
The only team which is tough to predict is actually our Juve - We changed coach and style and our quality is unknown.

Basing things on past experience and the fact its difficult to do worse than Sarri - Yeah my prediction will be another title just as I predicted 8 out of the 9 we got.
We are definitely the side with the most quality and its certainly up to us to lose.

Inter rival?! We have our historic rivalry but the truth is the only rival we have is ourselves..

Should we have a "normal" season we would finish with 90pts +- while both Inter&Milan finish with 80 +-

What could change a season beside ourselves is the Covid thing as if our team gets infected we are in some trouble...

May 26, 2016
Tuned in to Torino-Atalanta and after 20 minutes it's 1-2 already with a third brilliant one ruled offside. Atalanta creating chances after chances from everywhere on the pitch just like last season. Admirable stuff, defense still looks leaky though.
Agreed. Gomez impressed me, keeps getting better every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 225)